mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Absolute max bet- boston celtics win total over 26.5

Guys, I have placed an absolute pound play, max bet, on the Boston Celtics win total over 26.5.

For a few reasons. I have season tickets to the Celtics, and I know them like the back of my hand. I watch every single game, and very rarely lose a play when the Celtics are involved.

Last year, the Celtics were working out the kinks early in camp...for a lot of reasons. here are a few

coming off a blowing up the "big three era,"

bringing in a new coach, and letting Doc Rivers go

Rajon Rondo missing the first half of the season.....

Jeff Green's first season as a starter and as "the man"

Kelly Olynk as a rookie

Jared Sullinger attempting to stretch his game

Jordan Crawford starting PG

no good free agent signings (humphries, etc)

having to play Gerald Wallace a lot

Phil pressey was the point guard for a lot of games

Vitor Faverani was the starting C for first few weeks

Avery bradley missed a lot of time last year

HERE IS WHY THEY WILL GO OVER THE TOTAL

FINALLY, ONE OF THE BEST BASKETBALL COACHES IN THE COUNTRY HAS A FULL OFFSEASON WITH A HEALTHY RAJON RONDO FROM THE WAIST DOWN . A Third year Jared Sullinger who has shown some serious improvements every game I have seen him, and is showing to have a very complete game. speaking of complete games, Kelly olynk brings a total complete offensive game.

Those two showed a lot of flashes of being a good NBA players, but weaknesses on defense. They are young, and inexperienced and will continue to get better.

Not to mention they play in one of the weakest divisons in basketball (25 bucks to win 1200 dollars to win the divison? great value)

They drafted amazingly this year. Marcus smart is an absolute pit bull. He will bring a whole new intensity on defense along with another pit bull in Avery bradley. They could potentially have the best defensive guards in the league. and that is not an exaggeration. These guys are all over the floor

A lot of talk on Rajon Rondo being traded, yada-yada yada yada.

THIS GUY WAS COMING OFF A DAMN TORN ACL! LOOK AT DERRICK ROSE, RONDO IS ALWAYS GETTING DISRESPECTED!!! WATCH ONE OF THE BEST PGS IN THE LEAGUE HAVE AN AMAZING SEASON AND GET A MAX CONTRACT NEXT YEAR.

Also, the signing of Evan Turner leaves for one of the most versatile players in the league in him and Jeff Green. I am watching turner play in the preseason and he seeems to have been a great signing.

They are moving the ball excellent.

They won 25 games last year and will be VASTLY improved in all areas of the game.
    They were still in a lot of games last year and lost a lot of games in the 4th quarter/

expected for a young team. They should be able to be a strong perimeter defensive team and shoiuld be efficient enough on offense to win a lot of ball games.

I could literally write a novel about how easily this is going to hit.
    And before you guys say it,
    This is not a homer pick. I would have taken the under last year. I honestly would take the over this year if it was at 36.5. I am excited to see this Celtics group play and watch Brad Stevens go to work.

Please trust me, I know the Boston Celtics.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Not one response. I will ride the money train alone.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

I threw a bill on the over also.
    Honestly, this is a better line up this year and I'm impressed how well everyone is working together.
    I'm not going to lie, I was a huge hater of Marcus Smart getting signed but he has proved me wrong with his hustle this preseason.
    Evan Turner seems like a good fit for this team. I felt bad for him when he had to the pacers, you could tell there was no team chemistry. Marcus Thorton has been a good addition also.
    I still have mixed feelings on Kelly Olynyk. He has improved since last year but for god sakes he needs to work on handling the ball when it comes to the pick and roll. I'd start Tyler Zeller over him but Stevens sees something in Kelly.
    Overall, I feel like this group will be grinders this season. I really hope they do well.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Looks good, Cs have some players.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

just gonna bump this a few days before the season.
    you guys should have listened line has went up

intriguing
    intriguing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2730

Fade this clown. under it is

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I could see 30-33 game wins in season, good luck man

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I just went through their first 20 games.... I see 5-6 wins there..
    if that's their average per 20 then that over is screwed.
    Plus.. this is one team that an injury could totally derail them. Their bench is a bunch of bums.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Definitely a good bet

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Excited to watch the C's..wouldnt be surprised if they are a cover machine..love the way the kids play, they give it their all every night and the crowd is there to push them every game no matter what the record is.
    very likable team right now and Im excited!! and if we suck...more draft picks!

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by intriguing View Post
    Fade this clown. under it is
    haha what??

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I just went through their first 20 games.... I see 5-6 wins there..
    if that's their average per 20 then that over is screwed.
    Plus.. this is one team that an injury could totally derail them. Their bench is a bunch of bums.
    You must not watch the Celtics play a lot.

Great depth at every position.

Their bench is basically their starters last year, along with 2 talented rookies.

I would say depth is one of their strong points.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    You must not watch the Celtics play a lot.

Great depth at every position.

Their bench is basically their starters last year, along with 2 talented rookies.

I would say depth is one of their strong points.
    Just don't see it.
    Like I said... through the first 20 games, I could see them at 5-15.

freeeze
    freeeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Are we sure the Celtics are even trying to win ? You're basically betting that Rondo and Jeff Green won't be traded, which is a 50/50 proposition at best. Not sure this warrants a max bet, but good luck.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by freeeze View Post
    Are we sure the Celtics are even trying to win ? You're basically betting that Rondo and Jeff Green won't be traded, which is a 50/50 proposition at best. Not sure this warrants a max bet, but good luck.
    Had a long conversation with Wyc, Celtics owner at a preseason game. He was explaining to me that the rebuild is a process, but they will never disgrace the league and Celtics by tanking.

As far as Rondo and Jeff Green goes, I doubt the Celtics trade either guy unless their value is sky high, or else the Celtics would have traded Rondo years ago. The Majority of takers on Rondo do not have lottery picks to offer, nor any pieces that interest the Celtics.

I have read every article the media has to offer, and I am 99% sure Rondo will not get traded.

As far as Uncle Jeff goes, the Celtics were highly scrutizined for trading for him, but I think this is his career year.

He played in a few different systems in Seattle/OKC, comes to Boston mid-season learns from vets, doesn't come in his own, misses a year of working out and playing due to major heart surgery, comes back on a talentless team, with a new coach, and is asked to be "the guy"

Now, him and Rondo are back, Rondo is probably in the best shape of his life, and his prime. I think he merits a max contract, and the Celtics are prepared to give it to him if he shows improvement in his jump shot.

Avery Bradley could very well be the perfect sixth man if his percentages stay up, as we all know he is a lethal defender.

Evan Turner has blossomed in the pre-season, and seems like a great signing, and a great fit for this offense.

I just see a lot of upside here for this team. Sully and KO are among the two most underrated bigs in the league, and Bass is serviceable. His reliable jump shot from the short-corner really fits the motion offense.

Like I said, I could go on for days, this is just a huge play for me.

GL to all.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I hate having my money tied up all season. GL man

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

sullinger going to be a beast; but they may trade rondo which will obviously kill your bet
    they drafted smart for a reason - he and rondo have similar games...

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8985

I love it mikey. Brad Stevens is my favorite for coach of the year and I hate the Celtics.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Now people hop on?... What is the line at now?

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Not a fan of year long bets. But BOL. Just hope that Rondo doesn't get traded and they don't go full tank mode.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Line moved up to 27 heavily juiced