Kev the Brit
    Kev the Brit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7910

Quote Originally Posted by imotiv8 View Post
    Lakers C vs Washington JM V1C hmmmmm
    This is difficult. By chance, Washington has a further road game (D Bet) after tonight. The Lakers series is only constrained by the amount of money a bettor wants to risk, so they can both go beyond the normal limits. So, there are 3 choices:
    1. Pass on both bets and play their next games as the next bets in their series. This means that 1 of the teams will be playing an unnecessary bet, but at the usual stake.
    2. Play both games and take the loser to an additional bet, but at an increased stake. If the Lakers lose, it will be a regular D Bet for those of us who got a push, so not an unacceptable position.

Option 1 has no guarantee of a win. Option 2 guarantees at least 1 winner, but there is the possibility of a huge loss with the loser of tonight's bet.

3. Pass on both, do not proceed and accept the accrued losses on both teams.

An additional, "off-piste" solution would be to play Washington on the ML and LA on the spread. A 9 point spread is a large enough tolerance to achieve a win for both sides....

GL guys, whatever you choose.
    Points Awarded:

thekoreanmang gave Kev the Brit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thekoreanmang
    thekoreanmang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Quote Originally Posted by Kev the Brit View Post
    This is difficult. By chance, Washington has a further road game (D Bet) after tonight. The Lakers series is only constrained by the amount of money a bettor wants to risk, so they can both go beyond the normal limits. So, there are 3 choices:
    1. Pass on both bets and play their next games as the next bets in their series. This means that 1 of the teams will be playing an unnecessary bet, but at the usual stake.
    2. Play both games and take the loser to an additional bet, but at an increased stake. If the Lakers lose, it will be a regular D Bet for those of us who got a push, so not an unacceptable position.

Option 1 has no guarantee of a win. Option 2 guarantees at least 1 winner, but there is the possibility of a huge loss with the loser of tonight's bet.

An additional, "off-piste" solution would be to play Washington on the ML and LA on the spread. A 9 point spread is a large enough tolerance to achieve a win for both sides....

Thanks for breaking out the options. Very helpful.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39200

The option that was om1tted is actually the proper option. Since both plays are ATS plays, play Washington to WIN 9.18 units instead of the standard 15.01. If Washington wins, bet Lakers next game on their normal (D) bet amount. If Lakers win, both series are over at that point.
    Points Awarded:

thekoreanmang gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Wallco chase is 45-0. I know which one to follow. Nuff said.

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Haha actually 46-0.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33870

That was close for those shitty Lakers. Blows a 19 point lead but manages to cover. Still perfect 47-0!!

Wallco99

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2014-15 System to Date: 47-0 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +47.00 units (fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 0

(1/27/15):
    #43 L.A. Lakers (+8½) (C) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 19-28
    (B) 15-13

(C) 7-5
    (D) 5-0
    Losses: None

Games for (1/28/15):
    #48 Dallas (**) @ Houston (A) (8:05 pm EST)

** Denotes line not available at time of post.

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

We will ALWAYS play the M/L on favorites and the point spread (-110) on dogs. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the play. There is no point buying in this system, with one exception, if your team is the favorite, and buying down to a (-½) point spread is cheaper than playing the M/L, then by all means, buy the points, otherwise, M/L on all favorites and point spread on dogs. All results will be based on this principle. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team, and who is the favorite on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines. I will try to update my post as often as I can throughout the day if the lines do change. However, it is the individual bettor’s responsibility to get the appropriate line if it differs from the line in my post.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #52 & #53.
    Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kev the Brit

Morrison 1/27 Results & 1/28 Plays

Note: 1-7-5 System Rules are available here (Post #97)

1/27 Results
    (Covers.com)
    Legend/Abbreviations/Definitions: won - Series won 1/7/5 unit(s). lost - Bet did not win but series continues.
    lost/stopped - Series lost or stopped. Series/Bet filtered out - for reason stated. MEP - Most Efficient Player.
    Lose heavily ATS - lose by more than 3 points ATS

Currently Published Morrison System
    (3 point buy* all bets @ odds -185/1.54)
    10.30pm #99 V1 Chicago: A Bet won 1 unit (ATS)

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    10.30pm #94 V1 Washington: C Bet lost
    10.30pm #99 V1 Chicago: A Bet won 1 unit
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28 Plays
    (All times EST)

7.00pm #97 V1 Portland: A Bet to win 1 unit
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: B Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A Bet amount
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: A Bet to win 1 unit
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: A Bet to win 1 unit
    8.30pm #102 V2 Charlotte: A Bet to win 1 unit
    9.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: A Bet to win 1 unit

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    7.00pm #97 V1 Portland: A Bet to win 1 unit
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: A Bet to win 1 unit
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: A Bet to win 1 unit
    8.30pm #102 V2 Charlotte: A Bet to win 1 unit
    9.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: A Bet to win 1 unit
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Plays (1/29)

Currently Published Morrison System:
    Scheduled:
    None
    Possible:
    None

Morrison 1-7-5 System:
    Scheduled:
    None
    Possible:
    None

Results to Date (11/1 - 1/27)
    Completed Series

Currently Published Morrison System total P/L so far (3 point buy* all bets @ odds -185/1.54): +78.00 units

Morrison 1-7-5 System total P/L so far (ATS all bets @ odds -110/1.91): +39.36 units

Please refer to Post #579 for detailed stats for the season so far: 11/1 to last Saturday 1/24. Detailed stats will continue to be posted weekly on Sundays.

* Always buy 3 points with the Currently Published Morrison System, except when the selected team is -3 ATS or greater, in which case the ML is the official bet. Alternatively, the bettor may reduce the bet amount, or buy 3 points or stop the series at that point. However, the ML result will be the official system bet for the record.
    Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Kev the Brit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Boyne gave Kev the Brit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99 gave Kev the Brit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

analyzer gave Kev the Brit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hagball52
    hagball52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12394

One more option which was the riskiest of all was to parlay Washington M/L and Lakers pointspread which I did and got very lucky. Don't plan on that happening very often but it did reduce my risk.

imotiv8
    imotiv8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5717

Has anyone kept up with TheLimits 1-7-5 units? I got off track a couple of weeks ago but I believe his system is performing the best right now because it helped avoid a few losses

Kev the Brit

Quote Originally Posted by imotiv8 View Post
    Has anyone kept up with TheLimits 1-7-5 units? I got off track a couple of weeks ago but I believe his system is performing the best right now because it helped avoid a few losses
    I have tracked it daily throughout the season. It only avoided 1 1-7-5 loss in recent weeks: Series #85 Lakers. All the other 1-7-5 system losses passed the A Bet stop (they didn't lose narrowly ATS). Consequently, the 1-7-5 Filtered stands at 11.08 units profit.

Kev the Brit

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    The option that was om1tted is actually the proper option. Since both plays are ATS plays, play Washington to WIN 9.18 units instead of the standard 15.01. If Washington wins, bet Lakers next game on their normal (D) bet amount. If Lakers win, both series are over at that point.
    Isn't that the equivalent of playing both against each other at their respective stages of their series (my Option 2), except that you bet only to win the difference between the 2 targets? I've studied your numbers and I can't get to a Washington target of 9.18 units, so could you take time out to show me how you got there? I obviously know about the standard 15.01 target for Washington, and I know that you had Lakers showing an Open Series loss of 3.41 units, after the B Bet, which I agree with. But from there on?

We now know the result, but I'm interested in your theory for future use, if needed.

Wallco99

Isn't that the equivalent of playing both against each other at their respective stages of their series (my Option 2), except that you bet only to win the difference between the 2 targets? I've studied your numbers and I can't get to a Washington target of 9.18 units, so could you take time out to show me how you got there? I obviously know about the standard 15.01 target for Washington, and I know that you had Lakers showing an Open Series loss of 3.41 units, after the B Bet, which I agree with. But from there on?

We now know the result, but I'm interested in your theory for future use, if needed.
    You're right, my fault. It should have been 10.18 units bet on Washington, not 9.18. I had another (A) bet for another system for 1 unit on Lakers yesterday. My play was 9.18, the JM should have been 1 higher for everybody else. I quoted it directly from my spreadsheet without thinking about my other canceled bet. Since nobody in there right mind would have played Washington (C) bet yesterday on the M/L for -425 odds, and since that is not how the system was designed anyway, my 1 unit error ended up saving 1.1 units for whomever followed my strategy. Wrong but lucky.

Kev the Brit

Morrison 1/28 Results & 1/29 Plays

1/28 Results
    (Covers.com)
    Legend/Abbreviations/Definitions: won - Series won 1/7/5 unit(s). lost - Bet did not win but series continues.
    lost/stopped - Series lost or stopped. Series/Bet filtered out - for reason stated. MEP - Most Efficient Player.

7.00pm #97 V1 Portland: A Bet won 1 unit (PB)
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: B Bet lost. C Bet 1/30
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: A Bet lost. B Bet 1/30
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: A Bet won 1 unit (PB)
    8.30pm #102 V2 Charlotte: A Bet won 1 unit (ATS)
    9.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: A Bet won 1 unit (ML/PB)

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    7.00pm #97 V1 Portland: A Bet lost. B Bet 1/30
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: B Bet lost. C Bet 1/30
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: A Bet lost. B Bet 1/30
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: A Bet lost. B Bet 1/30
    8.30pm #102 V2 Charlotte: A Bet won 1 unit
    9.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: A Bet lost. B Bet 1/30

1/29 Plays
    (All times EST)

None

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    None

Upcoming Plays (1/30)

Scheduled:
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: C Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: B Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A Bet amount
    Possible:[/I]
    None

Morrison 1-7-5 System:
    Scheduled:
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    7.30pm #97 V1 Portland: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    8.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    Possible:
    None

Results to Date (11/1 - 1/28)
    Completed Series

Currently Published Morrison System total P/L so far (3 point buy* all bets @ odds -185/1.54): +82.00 units

Morrison 1-7-5 System total P/L so far (ATS all bets @ odds -110/1.91): +40.36 units

Please refer to Post #579 for detailed stats for the season so far: 11/1 to last Saturday 1/24. Detailed stats will continue to be posted weekly on Sundays.

* Always buy 3 points with the Currently Published Morrison System, except when the selected team is -3 ATS or greater, in which case the ML is the official bet. Alternatively, the bettor may reduce the bet amount, or buy 3 points or stop the series at that point. However, the ML result will be the official system bet for the record.
    Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    Current Open Series: 1 (-1.10 units)

(1/28/15):
    #48 Dallas (+3½) (A) - Loss

v1 Plays
    (A) 19-29
    (B) 15-13

(C) 7-5
    (D) 5-0

There are no system plays for (1/29/15):
    #48 Resumes (B) on 1/30/15

We will ALWAYS play the M/L on favorites and the point spread (-110) on dogs. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the play. There is no point buying in this system, with one exception, if your team is the favorite, and buying down to a (-½) point spread is cheaper than playing the M/L, then by all means, buy the points, otherwise, M/L on all favorites and point spread on dogs. All results will be based on this principle. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team, and who is the favorite on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines. I will try to update my post as often as I can throughout the day if the lines do change. However, it is the individual bettor’s responsibility to get the appropriate line if it differs from the line in my post.
    Points Awarded:

skyscrapers gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

chickndinner
    chickndinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1888

Quote Originally Posted by spankmythighs View Post
    Wallco chase is 45-0. I know which one to follow. Nuff said.
    LOL, even a monkey with a dart board can guess it right in 4 tries, this system is a joke

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by chickndinner View Post
    LOL, even a monkey with a dart board can guess it right in 4 tries, this system is a joke
    Then it sounds like you should do well.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Which is why it's +47 units on the season? Is there a bottom to the well of stupidity you drink from?

Kev the Brit

Morrison 1/29 Results & 1/30 Plays

1/29 Results
    (Covers.com)

None

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    None

1/30 Plays
    (All times EST)

7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: C Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A & B Bet amounts - MEP questionable
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: B Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A Bet amount - MEP questionable

Morrison 1-7-5 System
    (ATS all bets)
    7.30pm #93 V2 Sacramento: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    7.30pm #97 V1 Portland: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    7.30pm #98 V1 Sacramento: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    8.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount
    8.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: B Bet to win 7 units plus lost A Bet amount

Upcoming Plays (1/31)

Scheduled:
    None
    Possible:
    7.00pm #98 V1 Sacramento: C Bet to win 1 unit plus lost A & B Bet amounts

Morrison 1-7-5 System:
    Scheduled:
    None
    Possible:
    7.00pm #98 V1 Sacramento: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    7.00pm #100 V2 Dallas: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    8.30pm #97 V1 Portland: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts
    9.00pm #101 V3 LA Clippers: C Bet to win 5 units plus lost A & B Bet amounts

Results to Date (11/1 - 1/29)
    Completed Series

Currently Published Morrison System total P/L so far (3 point buy* all bets @ odds -185/1.54): +82.00 units

Morrison 1-7-5 System total P/L so far (ATS all bets @ odds -110/1.91): +40.36 units

Last edited by Kev the Brit; 01-30-15 at 03:13 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Kev the Brit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

njb5572
    njb5572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2693

Speaking of searching for a bottom.. I am interested to hear how people are playing 1-7-5 tonight as we are in the midst of a 100 unit downswing.. temper or double our bets?! ha..

alexknyc
    alexknyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17998

Quote Originally Posted by njb5572 View Post
    Speaking of searching for a bottom.. I am interested to hear how people are playing 1-7-5 tonight as we are in the midst of a 100 unit downswing.. temper or double our bets?! ha..
    I'm playing it the way it should be played. It's a system.

Wallco99

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    Current Open Series: 1 (-1.10 units)

v1 Plays
    (A) 19-29
    (B) 15-13

(C) 7-5
    (D) 5-0

Games for (1/30/15):
    #48 Dallas (M/L) @ Miami (B) (8:05 pm EST)
    #49 Sacramento (**) @ Cleveland (A) (7:35 pm EST)

** Denotes line not available at time of post.

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Last edited by Wallco99; 01-30-15 at 09:21 AM.
    Points Awarded:

skyscrapers gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by alexknyc View Post
    I'm playing it the way it should be played. It's a system.
    I am with Alex on this one. Finish any open series the way you started it. But I am seriously considering fading the rest of the series this year starting with the 2/1/15 games. I made the switch last year and ended up 56 units ahead when the actual system took a -180 unit shit.

njb5572
    njb5572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2693

I am with Alex on this one. Finish any open series the way you started it. But I am seriously considering fading the rest of the series this year starting with the 2/1/15 games. I made the switch last year and ended up 56 units ahead when the actual system took a -180 unit shit.
    Yeah, I understand it is a system. I have been betting systems for years but like wallco mentioned, and as I am sure you are well aware, systems have huge upswings and downswings..

We cannot predict where this system will go in the future.. I am just curious if anyone was changing their betting strategies at this point.

chickndinner

One loss with this system and your entire years worth of work is gone. Money Line everytime there is a favorite, really? LOL at this system big time. There is nothing like chasing a team 4 times at -200+ odds if they are a heavy favorites in a majority of their games. This system might be more appealing if it was not taking money lines at such high juice and was not a 4 game series. I see it is doing well this year and thats wonderful but I can assure you this system will take a 4 game loss and all 45-units are wiped out in just that. There is no money management that is wise in any way about this system. These are all my opinions and I am not trying to bash on Wallyco and I do give the guy props for taking his time to list this system at no cost to all of us but you all are putting your bankroll at extreme risk chasing a 4 game series at stupid odds

Wallco99

One loss with this system and your entire years worth of work is gone. Money Line everytime there is a favorite, really? LOL at this system big time. There is nothing like chasing a team 4 times at -200+ odds if they are a heavy favorites in a majority of their games. This system might be more appealing if it was not taking money lines at such high juice and was not a 4 game series. I see it is doing well this year and thats wonderful but I can assure you this system will take a 4 game loss and all 45-units are wiped out in just that. There is no money management that is wise in any way about this system. These are all my opinions and I am not trying to bash on Wallco and I do give the guy props for taking his time to list this system at no cost to all of us.
    Then skip it if you don't like it. Yes, it is that simple!

chickndinner

I agree and I don't play it, just to much risk. I am only stating my opinion and again it's just one opinion. I do think it's pretty cool though that you take the time to post and do the things you do at no cost to us, that itself is pretty cool but still a 4 game series chase is extremely risky and not wise. Maybe consider doing this system without any of the money lines, everything at 1.10 and not so many games, say a 2 or 3 game max chase at 1.10 would be much safer for ones bankroll. Keep up the work wallco, it is very considerate that you take the time to do what you do in the first place.

Wallco99

I agree and I don't play it, just to much risk. I am only stating my opinion and again it's just one opinion. I do think it's pretty cool though that you take the time to post and do the things you do at no cost to us, that itself is pretty cool but still a 4 game series chase is extremely risky and not wise. Maybe consider doing this system without any of the money lines, everything at 1.10 and not so many games, say a 2 or 3 game max chase at 1.10 would be much safer for ones bankroll. Keep up the work wallco, it is very considerate that you take the time to do what you do in the first place.
    I have been doing extensive backtesting for the last month to try to eliminate the M/L plays. That has always been an issue of mine as well, but the M/L plays ended up netting the highest returns overall. Hopefully all M/L plays will be eliminated by next season, and if time permits, by after all star break.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

No you're not. You're a dipshit newbie that has 13 posts of trolling. Since you're obviously just bored, I have a great idea for you to pass the time:

1. Go get your dad/uncle/crack-dealer's gun
    2. Buy a bullet
    3. Put the gun in your mouth
    4. Pull the trigger

Presto! Problem solved

TrojanMan8
    TrojanMan8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3054

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    No you're not. You're a dipshit newbie that has 13 posts of trolling. Since you're obviously just bored, I have a great idea for you to pass the time:

1. Go get your dad/uncle/crack-dealer's gun
    2. Buy a bullet
    3. Put the gun in your mouth
    4. Pull the trigger

Presto! Problem solved
    I've been following both Wallco's Chase 110 system and the JM 1-7-5 betting structure that Wallco helped devised all year long, so we're both following the same philosophy, so let's be clear that I disagree with chickndinner's comments.

However, I don't think telling him to kill himself will stop him from posting in this thread if he wants. If what he says really bothers you that much, just ignore him instead of spreading hate.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

CJ's right though, chickenlittle's 13 posts have been nothing but trolling. Obviously somebody's ghost. Doesn't have to kill himself, fuking off will do.

jsleeeee
    Money is evil
    jsleeeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

Good luck to this system. I feel like it's going to be worth following.

brihy17
    brihy17's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you have fading the money line plays? or all A bets ? Thanks.

TrojanMan8
    TrojanMan8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3054

Wallco, do you think that the system is trending downward so quickly that you want to make the switch this weekend? Do you think the all-star break would affect results so that it would be better to wait?

First ... 15161718192021 ... Last