Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    yes, in the past
    since u mentioned the past, u already recognized their existence
    the point is, the ballyhooed team spurs won titles in many forms
    they won with the superstar model, they won with big3 model, they won with team model
    there is no "right" way or watever the hell that means
    wtf are you talking about? you smoking crack?

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

hahaha, yea ok
    all 3 will be in the HOF, won multiple titles, and individual awards
    by that logic heat had a big 4 with Allen

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

yes, in the past
    since u mentioned the past, u already recognized their existence
    the point is, the ballyhooed team spurs won titles in many forms
    they won with the superstar model, they won with big3 model, they won with team model
    there is no "right" way or watever the hell that means
    I think when people think of a big 3 these days they think in terms of what Miami and Boston did in stars coming from other teams, Boston started that label, so thats why nobody considers Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili a big 3 because theyve played on the same team their entire careers, they werent a team pieced and put together. Besides Ginobili doesnt produce regularly liked he'd be part of a big 3 and comes off the bench.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-09-14 at 12:38 AM.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

The reason they didn't give up to much to two fold. First Lebron wanted deal so that is only reason you need. The second point in one people are overlooking, Cleveland is now a top 3 destination in the league. They will get a legit shit at every free agent that comes available. Draft picks do diminish in value when you have access to every available PROVEN commodity that hits the free agent market. Don't forget one other point the new TV deal comes up in two seasons so salary cap will rise and all teams will have more cap space, including the team with Lebron and his two your stud cohorts.

Its like they say SEC football teams don't rebuild they reload, The Cavs will have no problem reloading.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Can't wait to see the Cav's play this year, they will be a very fun team to watch.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Can't wait to see the Cav's play this year, they will be a very fun team to watch.

No question, spicing up the east a little.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    by that logic heat had a big 4 with Allen
    uh no, not not really
    big difference in what i said and what ur saying
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 08-09-14 at 01:30 AM.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    wtf are you talking about? you smoking crack?
    i see ass crack

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I think when people think of a big 3 these days they think in terms of what Miami and Boston did in stars coming from other teams, Boston started that label, so thats why nobody considers Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili a big 3 because theyve played on the same team their entire careers, they werent a team pieced and put together. Besides Ginobili doesnt produce regularly liked he'd be part of a big 3 and comes off the bench.
    ur not a big 3 cuz u played on 1 team???
    how does that make any sense???
    do people just make shit up along the way?
    a big 3,4,5,6 .... 10 is what it is regardless how they got together
    do people forget how good ginobili was in his prime??

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

ur not a big 3 cuz u played on 1 team???
    how does that make any sense???
    do people just make shit up along the way?
    a big 3,4,5,6 .... 10 is what it is regardless how they got together
    do people forget how good ginobili was in his prime??
    I said these days, if not then what other teams do you generally hear people throw around that term on? Name one. Do you ever remember even in Ginobli's prime the term big 3 being used to describe Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, no. Maybe on an NBC or ESPN game when the analysts used that term before the game started, simply as a viewer ploy, but not used by the general public.

ace888
    ace888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Before wiggins and bennett become good nba players, james and love will play nba finals i think and thats what cleveland is planning.

bradthebloke

Love to see the Spurs or any other TEAM whip up on all these "big 3" ring chasers. Games become a joke.
    Last edited by bradthebloke; 08-09-14 at 11:10 AM.

bradthebloke

hahaha, yea ok
    all 3 will be in the HOF, won multiple titles, and individual awards
    big difference in what i said with Allen? By what you said, uh no, not really. Allen hasnt won multiple titles? wont be in hall of fame? hasnt won individual awards? If your above post is reason for calling the spurs a big three, than it looks like Heat had a big 4 by your logic. Just going off what you said, bro

ace888

allen was great and still is

ace888

by the way both sides did well in this trade

bradthebloke

I like the trade, sill be interesting to see how it goes down with the Bulls/Cavs. If George hadnt gone down, East would have been more interesting than its been in years. My memory's a lil faded on a hangover, anyone else looking primed in the east?

ace888

bulls could not be successful even if rose come backs healthy. their offense is really no good and when it comes to semis all teams play hard defense and bulls have not many options to solve this problem.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Interesting how all of these Spurs fan boys have popped up after 15 years if ignoring them...simply because they beat "Lebron".....LOL

bradthebloke

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Interesting how all of these Spurs fan boys have popped up after 15 years if ignoring them...simply because they beat "Lebron".....LOL
    Spurs fan since '91 when I moved here. I remember rooting for em before Duncan came.....back when they had the gay ass turquoise and orange on the emblem at half court

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

I like the trade, sill be interesting to see how it goes down with the Bulls/Cavs. If George hadnt gone down, East would have been more interesting than its been in years. My memory's a lil faded on a hangover, anyone else looking primed in the east?
    I think the East will be much better next year than people think. Wizards are coming up and did well in the playoffs, and the addition of Paul Pierce could be huge (especially in the playoffs) cause they're a young team that didn't have any real veteran presence last year. Wall and Beal should continue to improve, and Gortat is a solid center who should be able to recreate his play from last year.

Raptors and Nets proved they're both legit, the Nets took awhile to get it together, but they were without their best player (Lopez) most of the year and Deron Williams was....well......I guess I have no idea what his deal is I guess he just sucks now.

The Hornets have as much momentum as they ever have, and with the excitement of getting the Hornets back and the addition of Lance Stephenson, as well as Vonleh who could possibly contribute right away, they should be a much improved team next season. Their defense is seriously underrated, and I think Stephenson could emerge as more of an offensive weapon than he has been in the past. Also Big Al is an absolute beast which everyone always seems to overlook.

The Hawks had a decent year without Al Horford, they're not exactly contenders but they should be much more competitive with him healthy.

Knicks are solid and should at least be a playoff team next year. This season will really solidify whether or not Phil Jackson is really as amazing as everyone thinks he is.

Pistons are a few moves away from being legit, but the hiring of Van Gundy is a step in the right direction, they could also be a playoff team. Andre Drummond will be a monster in a less toxic environment, cause Joe Dumars was a straight up idiot.

Bucks and Sixers likely won't make the playoffs, but they both have some interesting young pieces and should be a lot of fun to watch. Noel and Embiid is going to be ridiculous and the combination of Jabari Parker and Giannis Antenawhatever (who will supposedly be running the point at times) should be a lot of fun to watch. Also Larry Sanders was injured all last season, and I think he'll be more motivated this season due to their young talent and potential.

Bottom line is the East still won't be as good as the West, but they're going to be much more fun to watch this year..I'm actually pretty excited to see the Sixers, Hornets, and Bucks play, which I haven't been able to say in a LONG time.
    Points Awarded:

bradthebloke gave DUBnation 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    I think the East will be much better next year than people think. Wizards are coming up and did well in the playoffs, and the addition of Paul Pierce could be huge (especially in the playoffs) cause they're a young team that didn't have any real veteran presence last year. Wall and Beal should continue to improve, and Gortat is a solid center who should be able to recreate his play from last year.

Raptors and Nets proved they're both legit, the Nets took awhile to get it together, but they were without their best player (Lopez) most of the year and Deron Williams was....well......I guess I have no idea what his deal is I guess he just sucks now.

The Hornets have as much momentum as they ever have, and with the excitement of getting the Hornets back and the addition of Lance Stephenson, as well as Vonleh who could possibly contribute right away, they should be a much improved team next season. Their defense is seriously underrated, and I think Stephenson could emerge as more of an offensive weapon than he has been in the past. Also Big Al is an absolute beast which everyone always seems to overlook.

The Hawks had a decent year without Al Horford, they're not exactly contenders but they should be much more competitive with him healthy.

Knicks are solid and should at least be a playoff team next year. This season will really solidify whether or not Phil Jackson is really as amazing as everyone thinks he is.

Pistons are a few moves away from being legit, but the hiring of Van Gundy is a step in the right direction, they could also be a playoff team. Andre Drummond will be a monster in a less toxic environment, cause Joe Dumars was a straight up idiot.

Bucks and Sixers likely won't make the playoffs, but they both have some interesting young pieces and should be a lot of fun to watch. Noel and Embiid is going to be ridiculous and the combination of Jabari Parker and Giannis Antenawhatever (who will supposedly be running the point at times) should be a lot of fun to watch. Also Larry Sanders was injured all last season, and I think he'll be more motivated this season due to their young talent and potential.

Bottom line is the East still won't be as good as the West, but they're going to be much more fun to watch this year..I'm actually pretty excited to see the Sixers, Hornets, and Bucks play, which I haven't been able to say in a LONG time.
    I think the Wiz losing Ariza is a big deal. Picking up Pierce isn't as big a deal as losing Ariza. Its the Bulls and Cavs in the East followed by the 2nd tier of the Raptors, Wizards and Heat.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Spurs fan since '91 when I moved here. I remember rooting for em before Duncan came.....back when they had the gay ass turquoise and orange on the emblem at half court
    You have proven you are indeed a real fan as I know most of these fan boys will have no clue what the hell you are talking about...LOL.....its just too many Lebron haters on the Spurs bandwagon....they are no more real than the Miami fan boys walking out early...

jsmithj88

big difference in what i said with Allen? By what you said, uh no, not really. Allen hasnt won multiple titles? wont be in hall of fame? hasnt won individual awards? If your above post is reason for calling the spurs a big three, than it looks like Heat had a big 4 by your logic. Just going off what you said, bro
    did ray allen + lebron + wade + bosh play together in their primes?
    NO
    so im aint saying it, its u dude

back to what is obvious
    manu+parker+duncun WERE DEFINATELY A BIG 3
    i dont know what u acting like it never existed

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Bulls are not even close to the cavs and are been mentioned here just cos of the weak conference they are in. CAVS are mile ahead of others with the Lebron and Love joining Irving. Bulls have no offense and the defense won't be able to stop Lebron, Love from whipping them in a series. When u are playing the Bulls in a playoff, u only have to worry about stopping Rose who isn't even as effective as his mvp year.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Love, according to all defensive metrics is a middle of the pack defender.

Miggy in MLB gets the same rap. People crap all over Cabrera' defense too, he's not a gold glover, but like Love, his defense isn't all that bad either.

I remember one Griz game Love locked down Ridy Gay for like 3 for 14 from the floor. He ain't that bad.
    he's terrible don't fool yourself. he'll need varejao to cover for him just like pekovic did in minny. problem is, pekovic is miles better than varejao.

First 123