Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The NBA is losing me at rapid speed. An All Star "week"??

NBA considers longer All-Star break
    Updated: July 26, 2014, 10:18 AM ET

The NBA is considering extending the All-Star break into a seven-day hiatus next season, according to a report by the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Citing multiple sources, the Sun Sentinel reported that the league currently is using the week-long All-Star break as its "model" while filling out the 2014-15 season.

The NBA could, however, revert back to its traditional four-day break at any point before officially releasing the schedule next month, according to the report.

If the league decides to implement the seven-day break, each team would consequently have at least one more back-to-back set of games, the Sun Sentinel reported.

Several of the NBA's biggest stars, including LeBron James, have lobbied the league to extend the break.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver revealed in February that he met personally with James during All-Star Weekend in New Orleans to discuss a longer break.

"One of the issues LeBron raised is a break during All-Star [Weekend]," Silver said during a radio interview with ESPN. "[For] a guy like LeBron, All-Star Weekend is not a break for him in any way. He's going around the clock with a combination of things the league is asking him to do, personal commitments, and I think it makes sense if we can work in the schedule a few days so the All-Stars can get a break as well."

Silver added at the time that a schedule change of that magnitude would have to be negotiated with the players' association.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein contributed to this report.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5 days off is good

get rid of all all star stuff though

its not needed in any sport

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

i was really trying to just enjoy lebron these last couple of years despite the bullshit he pulled with the decision, because dude is awesome. and i'd rather just enjoy being able to watch his 'talents' rather than just hate on him. but man, after the finals, going back to cleveland like an idiot, and now this...he's just the same pussy he's always been.

maybe it's not fair to say this, but imagine jordan lobbying for an extended all-star break. he'd beat someone's ass in the locker room for even suggesting that.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i was really trying to just enjoy lebron these last couple of years despite the bullshit he pulled with the decision, because dude is awesome. and i'd rather just enjoy being able to watch his 'talents' rather than just hate on him. but man, after the finals, going back to cleveland like an idiot, and now this...he's just the same pussy he's always been.

maybe it's not fair to say this, but imagine jordan lobbying for an extended all-star break. he'd beat someone's ass in the locker room for even suggesting that.
    LBJ calls the shots and this new commissioner is starting to sound like a major jelly fish.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

How long is it now? Do they have games the monday after the ASG?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    LBJ calls the shots and this new commissioner is starting to sound like a major jelly fish.
    i know. i feared this would happen after the sterling thing. lay down a really stiff penalty then use that as an excuse to go soft on us.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I see nothing wrong with a 7 day lay off...the players are exhausted and could use the rest and with the way people complain about the NBA, why would they care anyway...there's plenty of hockey on for them to watch....lol

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    "One of the issues LeBron raised is a break during All-Star [Weekend]," Silver said during a radio interview with ESPN. "[For] a guy like LeBron, All-Star Weekend is not a break for him in any way. He's going around the clock with a combination of things the league is asking him to do, personal commitments, and I think it makes sense if we can work in the schedule a few days so the All-Stars can get a break as well."
    For a guy like lebron....I'm still waiting for him to do the dunk competition.
    Silver is becoming a puppet for lebron now

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I see nothing wrong with a 7 day lay off...the players are exhausted and could use the rest and with the way people complain about the NBA, why would they care anyway...there's plenty of hockey on for them to watch....lol
    Exactly. There's college basketball also. If it'll lead to less coaches sitting their guys for a break, more power to them.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

No one cares about the NBA or college hoops in Jan/Feb.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    No one cares about the NBA or college hoops in Jan/Feb.
    NBA is the least popular sport everytime of year. Not even close.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post

i agree. Let them take a month off for all i care.