Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

LOL nonsense....Its amazing how well the hype machine brainwashes people into believing a top pick is going to be an all time great. There were a lot of people second guessing Lebron and right fully so when he first came into the league...after a year..we knew he was the real deal...Wiggins is not Lebron or Durant or even Melo at this point in his career....and people are ASSUMING....he is already better than LOVE...LOL....Parker is the better player and Embid would gone first if he wasn't hurt..Wiggins is 5 years away from being remotely close to Lebron and at least 2 years away from being as polished as Parker...The deal is a no brainer...its Bennett and Waiters the cavs should be concerned about....its obvious those guys would produce well off the bench....that what is holding this deal up...Wolves want extra....and Waiters is too valuable to the Cavs depth...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Chris Sheridan now reporting Bulls offering Taj, Douggie McBuckets, and Mirotic. HELLO!!!!
    this offer makes sense for the bulls
    its a better offer than the cavs
    best offer is from the warriors, if they include klay

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Chris Sheridan now reporting Bulls offering Taj, Douggie McBuckets, and Mirotic. HELLO!!!!
    If this is true, the TWolves are gonna make out ridiculously well regardless what deal they take. They can just sit back at this point and watch these teams throw pieces at them for one player. Kevin Martin was mentioned in talks at one point, if they threw him in the Chicago deal they could probably get back another young piece, maybe a 1st rounder as well. Chicago needs a player like him at the 2.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    If this is true, the TWolves are gonna make out ridiculously well regardless what deal they take. They can just sit back at this point and watch these teams throw pieces at them for one player. Kevin Martin was mentioned in talks at one point, if they threw him in the Chicago deal they could probably get back another young piece, maybe a 1st rounder as well. Chicago needs a player like him at the 2.
    Taj, McDermott and Mirotic are 3 really nice pieces all under reasonable contracts for 3 more seasons. If that's offer I jump at it if I'm Minny.

Of course they can't jump for another 25 days or so. Bulls can't trade McDermott or Mirotic until 30 days after signing.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Taj, McDermott and Mirotic are 3 really nice pieces all under reasonable contracts for 3 more seasons. If that's offer I jump at it if I'm Minny.

Of course they can't jump for another 25 days or so. Bulls can't trade McDermott or Mirotic until 30 days after signing.
    Yeah, you instantly upgrade on D at the 4 if you're Minny. Dougie and Mirotic give you the offense to make up for losing Love. I almost jump on that over the Cavs offer but with Wiggins and a 1st rounder, they still have the edge.

I think I would try to get Snell or a draft pick thrown in if I'm Minny. As a Chicago fan would you do say...Snell or Butler/Dougie/Mirotic/Gibson and a draft pick for Love and Martin? You get a shooter at the two that you haven't had in a while but the defense instantly goes backwards.

Could throw out a lineup like Rose/Martin/Butler/Love/Noah...pretty damn good on offense and D.

Would love to be in the room as these things are being discussed.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, you instantly upgrade on D at the 4 if you're Minny. Dougie and Mirotic give you the offense to make up for losing Love. I almost jump on that over the Cavs offer but with Wiggins and a 1st rounder, they still have the edge.

I think I would try to get Snell or a draft pick thrown in if I'm Minny. As a Chicago fan would you do say...Snell or Butler/Dougie/Mirotic/Gibson and a draft pick for Love and Martin? You get a shooter at the two that you haven't had in a while but the defense instantly goes backwards.

Could throw out a lineup like Rose/Martin/Butler/Love/Noah...pretty damn good on offense and D.

And they would still have Gasol coming off the bench backing up both C/PF, and then Dunleavy and and presumably Snell, Hinrich and Brooks.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Bulls may throw in a 1st rounder to include Martin, or Snell and a 1st rounder to bring Love, Martin and the dude with 2 last names.

meader99

The Wolves get the liberty of sitting back because neither the Bulls nor the Cavs can complete this deal for close to a month.....Could make GS change their mind about including Klay.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

hello what? gibson's offensive game is hideous and zero is known about the other two with respect to the NBA game. horrible trade for wolves.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

I think its dumb if cavs trade away all that for love, if they do then they re going all in with love, cant see how they can get anyone else since love will get a max and is love sigining extension right away? It would be funny if he signs and after experiencing a year in cleveland he changes his mind

Cuse0323

Damn, I completely forgot about Gasol too, the Bulls are in a nice spot. I've been against the Cavs giving up Wiggins etc. for Love but I think the Bulls should definitely try to work something out. They have so many pieces where their depth wouldn't compromised. The Bulls are in win now mode as well, they have a great mixture of vets and young talent but adding Love would top that balance off nicely.

MiDNiTe

Unless wolves are interested in this trade with bulls, cavs deal is almost done

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Unless wolves are interested in this trade with bulls, cavs deal is almost done
    Not really. If Cavs sign Wiggins (and that's the report) then (for all intents and purposes) they can't trade him for 30 days. This is going to drag on awhile.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    hello what? gibson's offensive game is hideous and zero is known about the other two with respect to the NBA game. horrible trade for wolves.
    Is there something "known" about Wiggins in respect to the NBA game? How about Bennett?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

OK.
    And what's known about Wiggins' NBA game? The same nothing.
    And what's known about Bennett's NBA game? That he has no NBA game.

And Mirotic would have been a top 4 or 5 pick this year. McDermott a bargain at 11. Mirotic + McDermott > Wiggins. Gibson > Bennett, by a wide margin. Bulls offer would be much stronger.
    Last edited by d2bets; 07-23-14 at 08:35 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Snell yes, Butler, no. Butler is needed defensively against LeBron. Martin would be a nice fit. Not sure if those salaries match. Love and Martin are like 22m. Snell/Doug/Niko/Taj seem to be about 18. Does that work? Throw in Dunleavy? Bulls would need to sign a trio of vet mins.

MiDNiTe

Not really. If Cavs sign Wiggins (and that's the report) then (for all intents and purposes) they can't trade him for 30 days. This is going to drag on awhile.
    I think thats the only thing stopping them from doing the deal right away, cavs have done trades with jazz to even out the slaries for the trade like with lebron i think theres a verbal agreement since cavs execs are so confident

jsmithj88

the bulls offer is better in terms of overall talent right now
    they are giving up their best young players for a star

so the question is whether the twolves want to gamble on wiggins becoming a star/superstar
    or do they play conservative and get the bulls role players

i would take the cavs deal because there is more upside and potential from those picks
    theres no point in being mediocre in this league
    u need superstars to compete for championships
    no superstar is trying to sign in minny as a free agent
    thats why every1 in cleveland need to get on their knees and thank lebron james

if ur gonna rebuild, u might as well stock pile as many draft picks as possible
    look at the sixers, have a treasure chest of picks, young talent and cap space
    they can parlay them into multiple star players if the opportunity arises or hope some1 develops
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 07-23-14 at 11:30 PM.

Cuse0323

Snell yes, Butler, no. Butler is needed defensively against LeBron. Martin would be a nice fit. Not sure if those salaries match. Love and Martin are like 22m. Snell/Doug/Niko/Taj seem to be about 18. Does that work? Throw in Dunleavy? Bulls would need to sign a trio of vet mins.
    Yeah, not sure on the numbers and just throwing it out there. I do think that would be great for both teams if it could be worked out however. I agree on giving up Snell over Butler, they need to keep Butler as his D is invaluable at times. Having him and Noah would make up for the deficiencies from Martin and Love. If they pull off a trade like that and Rose comes back 80% of himself then they're the favorites.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

do u still think the bulls are not truly interested?

Cuse0323

I love Gibson's game on offense myself. He can hit jumpers just fine and even create on the block but Chicago has seemed to hold him back for whatever reason. Mostly Boozer getting unnecessary minutes. His mid-range game is perfect for a 4, and he can play D. Gibson is one of the more underrated players in the league by far.

homie1975

What did i tell u guys who were ripping the wolves. Waiting is getting them better offers

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    What did i tell u guys who were ripping the wolves. Waiting is getting them better offers
    It is all specualtion at this point, Wolves have gotten nothing yet. You dont even know if the offers are even true, and we all know about the media "sources", just look back at the Lebron decision part 2... Media is as clueless or even more so than all of us (we as fans dont have GMs and owners whispering BS in our ear every chance they get). The GMs and owners use the media to hype up their side of the bargain, it is all he said she said at this point.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    They don't have any choice but to wait on any deal involving the Cavs or Bulls when rookies are being included. The Wolves should make out pretty well here letting the Bulls, Cavs and Warriors fight it out over speculation.

homie1975

Stax many media members including broussard and sheridan were all over LeBron's return to Cleve at least 3-4 days before he announced it

existential

They don't have any choice but to wait on any deal involving the Cavs or Bulls when rookies are being included. The Wolves should make out pretty well here letting the Bulls, Cavs and Warriors fight it out over speculation.
    Warriors are basically out. Wolves came to their senses and realized they wouldn't want to pay Thompson max anyway, so he's a non-issue even if the Warriors tried to suddenly offer him. Wolves will only deal with the Warriors if they give up Barnes, Green, and two future 1st rounders since they'd have to take back Lee.

Cavs still with the best offer since it's 2 rookie deals plus another future 1st rounder.

Bulls will have to offer 2 future 1st rounders along with Gibson and McDermott to overtake Cavs' offer.

bottom line: no one is getting Love unless they give up the equivalent of at least 3 first rounders.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Bulls offer is laughable compared to the Cavs.
    I can't even believe Minny would consider it.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Bulls offer is laughable compared to the Cavs.
    I can't even believe Minny would consider it.
    agreed, I really dont think the Cavs have officially offered Wiggins, Bennett, and 1st rounder because if they did, the deal would have been done by now. I think the Cavs are willing to give up Wiggins and the 1st rounder, but not Bennet too. Or maybe Bennett and all 3 1st rounders from next year. I really want the Cavs to to somehow keep Wiggins and still get Love... not sure how thats happening though. I dont think Waiters is even part of the discussion, nor should he be

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Snell is a really good defender too, he probably has more upside than Butler because he is more of a scorer.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    agreed, I really dont think the Cavs have officially offered Wiggins, Bennett, and 1st rounder because if they did, the deal would have been done by now. I think the Cavs are willing to give up Wiggins and the 1st rounder, but not Bennet too. Or maybe Bennett and all 3 1st rounders from next year. I really want the Cavs to to somehow keep Wiggins and still get Love... not sure how thats happening though. I dont think Waiters is even part of the discussion, nor should he be
    The deal cant get done because Wiggins cant be traded for 30 days after contract signing.... Same with Mirotic and McBuckets for the Bulls.

meader99

Warriors are basically out. Wolves came to their senses and realized they wouldn't want to pay Thompson max anyway, so he's a non-issue even if the Warriors tried to suddenly offer him. Wolves will only deal with the Warriors if they give up Barnes, Green, and two future 1st rounders since they'd have to take back Lee.

Cavs still with the best offer since it's 2 rookie deals plus another future 1st rounder.

Bulls will have to offer 2 future 1st rounders along with Gibson and McDermott to overtake Cavs' offer.

bottom line: no one is getting Love unless they give up the equivalent of at least 3 first rounders.

Gibson, McBuckets and Mirotic = 3 first rounders. A lot of analysts put Mirotic in the top 4 of this years draft, so technically that's 2 lottery picks and a first rounder.

existential

Gibson, McBuckets and Mirotic = 3 first rounders. A lot of analysts put Mirotic in the top 4 of this years draft, so technically that's 2 lottery picks and a first rounder.
    the equivalent of 3 first rounders still on rookie deals
    Last edited by existential; 07-25-14 at 07:06 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

According to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Knicks swung for the fences by offering Amar'e Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Iman Shumpert to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love.

The long-shot offer, which was inevitably declined, apparently "never stood much of a chance" and it's not hard to see why.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I don't think Gasol will be too happy with a bench role after assuming he is going to start. That didn't go too well at LA. If he likes a bench role, he would have join Spurs instead.

jsmithj88

the bulls offer will help u win now but not much in terms of higher potential
    its basically a bunch of young role players
    cavs offer is laced with potential but wont help u win now

if i were the twolves, i would roll with the cavs package
    to win titles, u need to get superstars and stars
    swing for the fences and take wiggins, bennett and the picks
    hopefully they turn into something special

the bulls offer is gonna make them nothing better than average
    theres no point in being average in the nba, u will never win a title

First 1234 Last