R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just a matter of time now....

Before the inevitable happens! Cavs have finally agreed to include Wiggins in deal for Love. Not a matter of if any longer but when......

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Smart move.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I agree Love is a PROVEN Nba star and still plenty young. He will instantly provide a better all around gm and shooting than Wiggins. Minny owner is apparently voicing loudly he wants Love to stay but I just don't see it. Gives him a better bargaining chip for a trade maybe but why risk losing him in a year for nothing? Wolves going nowhere and Kevin wants to win joining with Bron is a no brainer for him and I would imagine it only causes tension between Love and Minny owner if they try and block this. Lose lose situation I think if they try and keep him. Get Wiggins up there and start fresh!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I think this is bullshit but...

T-Spence ‏@tspence26 17m
    I will get the trade details of exact players/picks involved, but was just informed by Minnesota source that they have agreed to a trade.

T-Spence
    ‏@tspence26
    4m
    @tspence26 It's Waiters, Thompson, and Wiggins for Love and the rights to GRIII according to my minnesota source

Wiggins hasn't even been signed by the Cav's yet. They can't trade him until he's at least 30 days removed from signing a deal. That's why it's bullshit to me. But we shall see.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

and no way do I give up Wiggins and Waiters. You need to have backup guards. Plus the Cav's still need a quality Center. I think it's best for the Cav's to stay pat until the trade deadline in season. See how the young guys play together and Love is still around, go after him. If not, look for a quality Center. Cav's should have no problem scoring points. They need defense and Love ain't bringing that.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

cavs dont need to give up that much
    love can just walk over there next summer
    lebron opts out, sign love to max contract, resign lebron for the max

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    and no way do I give up Wiggins and Waiters. You need to have backup guards. Plus the Cav's still need a quality Center. I think it's best for the Cav's to stay pat until the trade deadline in season. See how the young guys play together and Love is still around, go after him. If not, look for a quality Center. Cav's should have no problem scoring points. They need defense and Love ain't bringing that.
    I despise Dion...but bloody murder I give up Waiters..and Wiggins for love...Waiters can score 15 off the bench with his eyes closed...Minny needs to go on with that bull shit.....Wiggins, Thompson and the 1st rounder is more than enough...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    cavs dont need to give up that much
    love can just walk over there next summer
    lebron opts out, sign love to max contract, resign lebron for the max
    Cavs cannot sign Love to a max as a FA...without destroying the cap...the trade is necessary for the removal of said contracts, whomever it may be...in order to allow space for next year...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Cavs cannot sign Love to a max as a FA...without destroying the cap...the trade is necessary for the removal of said contracts, whomever it may be...in order to allow space for next year...
    they will go over the cap but it will be worth it
    lebron would have to opt out first, haha

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Holy shit hadn't heard they wanted all that wow! Yeah losing that many guards is asking alot. And doesn't Minny have like 20 guards on their roster now after this past draft haha? Figured maybe Wiggins and a couple future picks. Obviously future 1st rnd picks the Cavs will have lost a ton of value the day Bron signed but.....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Sounds like there is a possibly Love might have the Minny brass bent ov a barrel here. According to the Muppet Stephen A sources have told him KLove is putting the word out he won't sign with ANYONE other than Cavs to play with Bron. If these reports are true I'm withdrawing in GS and Chicago no way they send all that young talent to rent Love for 1 year. And if I'm the Cavs it's time to play hardball. You are not getting both Bennett and Wiggins it's one or the other and a pick or two. Regardless if these reports are true and Love stays firm on this Minny will lose alot of bargaining leverage!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Sounds like there is a possibly Love might have the Minny brass bent ov a barrel here. According to the Muppet Stephen A sources have told him KLove is putting the word out he won't sign with ANYONE other than Cavs to play with Bron. If these reports are true I'm withdrawing in GS and Chicago no way they send all that young talent to rent Love for 1 year. And if I'm the Cavs it's time to play hardball. You are not getting both Bennett and Wiggins it's one or the other and a pick or two. Regardless if these reports are true and Love stays firm on this Minny will lose alot of bargaining leverage!
    Love can be as mean spirited and nasty as Kobe..which is why he had no problems throwing his team under the bus last year..I would not put it past Love to put the poison pill in play and sabotage any other teams chances of landing him...In some ways though, the honesty will save other teams a lot of time and energy...teams should not have to gut their rosters for a rental...this will save a lot of time and energy...minny needs to get this done....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

It's fairly common practice with free agents Mensus. Sometimes teams will bite on a rental however usually it's during season trying to get that one piece to try and make a run while knowing they either cannot afford him beyond or he won't sign. If this is truly case tho and Love stonewalls this deal there is no way Gsw or Chicago stay in the race with the pieces they would be risking.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

This has been a sign and trade deal since day 1. No team involved was going to give up that much for Love without an extension. Sounds like LeBron is working behind the scenes to make sure this deal gets done for Cleveland.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Love would be stupid at this point to sign a deal and lose leverage unless he has a clause in it saying he can block a deal. By why would Minny do that? Writings on the wall pretty clear Bron and Love get their way. Just a matter of how good Wolves end up making out.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

As I said weeks ago it's inevitable. The nba more than any other sport is a star driven league who get what they want and LeBron is king of the hill in that regard.