Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Harris, wright, marion, crowder, smith, etc. is not a bad bench. it is a good combination of vets and athleticism.
    I love Wright's game off the bench and James seems to be improving too if he can earn a spot. Just need a scorer, who starts next to Monta? I figure Harris probably starts right now with Monta, Parsons, Dirk and Chandler. If they get Mo Williams then they may be a legit contender, he's the scorer they need off the bench or even starting. Not sure why Felton is even in their plans. Also added Richard Jefferson to provide something off the bench, never been a huge fan but he can hit some jumpers for them. Wish Melo considered Dallas.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

as a backup, felton can give u good minutes. he can still drive the ball to rim. he can still hit shots. I really like this Mavs team with the addition of the two chandlers. they will be good. if greg smith sticks and is fully healthy, that guys got a motor and can score the ball and provide defense, even though he is undersized.

Cuse0323

Yeah, Felton can be effective I suppose, with around 20 minutes a game. He's done as a starter, or should be. Knicks had zero transition game with him running the point, the guy gets up the court about as fast as Shaq. I don't know much about Smith but nice numbers, 62% shooting in his short career.

Cuse0323

No worries for the Rockets. They signed Joey Dorsey and Jeff Adrien.

Dorsey has actually done real well overseas. Both undersized bigs who can defend and rebound but...yeah.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

cuser, there is something to be said about continuity. Rockets lost at least 1-2 years of that losing asik, parsons, and….um...fine, lin too. who knows how this team will be constituted next year. too much statistical mixing and matching going on for building a basketball roster in my opinion.

Cuse0323

Definitely...Rockets are only going downward this next year. Was being sarcastic about the Dorsey signing in case it seemed like I was serious. They really bombed in free agency but at least saved some money to try again in 2015.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

championship team right here. put marion on the bench.

harris
    monte
    parsons
    dirk
    chandler

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Definitely...Rockets are only going downward this next year. Was being sarcastic about the Dorsey signing in case it seemed like I was serious. They really bombed in free agency but at least saved some money to try again in 2015.
    houston definately took a step back
    ariza is a solid replacement for parsons
    but losing asik is not good
    even losing lin is not good, hes actually a quality backup

Cuse0323

Yeah Lin isn't terrible. Nick Johnson could step in though, that kid can ball. Almost forgot about Ariza, solid player who can hit threes and defend, probably better than Parsons...a wash at best compared to Parsons though. They should still make the playoffs, maybe swap with the Mavs and get the 8 spot while the Mavs move up to 4.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah Lin isn't terrible. Nick Johnson could step in though, that kid can ball. Almost forgot about Ariza, solid player who can hit threes and defend, probably better than Parsons...a wash at best compared to Parsons though. They should still make the playoffs, maybe swap with the Mavs and get the 8 spot while the Mavs move up to 4.
    the west is so loaded
    houston being an 8th seed is just nuts
    they would be a top 4 seed in the east

even the teams not in the playoffs have talent,
    other than the lakers, hahahahah

Cuse0323

Don't mind that sentence, meant to say wash at best...don't think he's better than Parsons.

West is crazy loaded, that's why all the big name FA's stayed in the East.

Cuse0323

Mavs adding Rashard Lewis. They're really going for it this year, solid addition. They needed a three point shooter and there ya go, Lewis will be serviceable at that. The bench looking alright.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

People down in here in Houston went from a week ago saying we were Finals bound to "Parsons sucks! He the worst player in the NBA!"

Some sad, sad shit down here.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    People down in here in Houston went from a week ago saying we were Finals bound to "Parsons sucks! He the worst player in the NBA!"

Some sad, sad shit down here.
    NBA fans are the best. One second they love a player and the next he's the worst and we didn't need him anyway.

No dumber fans than ignorant NBA fans.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Dont think you should give a player that kind of money that mostly stand on the 3pt line waiting to take a 3 and if the D closes he drives to the basket, thats not enough, that kind of money, you should be able to give him the ball and say go get me a bucket, thats not Parsons IMO.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Dont think you should give a player that mostly stands on the 3pt line waiting to take a 3 and if the D closes he drives to the basket, thats not enough, that kind of money, you should be able to give him the ball and say go get me a bucket, thats not Parsons IMO.
    I'm not sure if I can trust your opinion after that run-on sentence.

Parsons may not be an isolation type player but I think he's worth it for Dallas. He shoots 37% from deep, not the best but efficient enough. He can pass the ball and rebound well for a SF with a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio and over 5 boards a game. Also snags a steal a game on average, so he really can do it all though maybe not anything at an elite level. The contract is a bit much, maybe worth around 12 mil a year but for Dallas another 3 mil isn't gonna kill them thanks to Dirk. Overpaying is the motto this off-season.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Mavs looking like they're gonna be a good team this year. Gotta make plans to fly over for some games. Fukkin expensive though smh.

Would love Jason Terry as a bench fill in guy, looks like it's a possibility, I know he's not 2011 Jet but feels like the backcourt needs a shooter (Monta, Felton, Harris are all average 3pt shooters).

If they could somehow trade Felton for a good PG they're contenders. Salary numbers will never work though. Bummer.

Seto

Mavs adding Rashard Lewis. They're really going for it this year, solid addition. They needed a three point shooter and there ya go, Lewis will be serviceable at that. The bench looking alright.
    The backcourt are all average/bad shooters though. I mean the NBA is kinda positionless now but that's still somewhat of a concern to me. Need someone to fill the Calderon role. Mavs are adding a lot and Calderon has his flaws like his godawful defense but the dude still shot like 45% from 3 last year. That's gotta account for a loss.

Ray Allen would be perfect but I can't imagine him wanting to sign for the vet min. Jason Terry rumours flying around...

Cuse0323

That's really all they need is a PG, fat Felton isn't the answer. Him and Tyson had beef last year so it's funny that they got traded together. Luckily, they won't be in the same unit. Love the Mavs lineup, if they just had a PG besides Felton though Monta and Harris should be fine in the backcourt. Not a huge Harris fan, need a young player to step up...Mekel or Ledo.

Posted just as I did...think we're on the same page. Just one piece away from being a contender.

Seto

That's really all they need is a PG, fat Felton isn't the answer. Him and Tyson had beef last year so it's funny that they got traded together. Luckily, they won't be in the same unit. Love the Mavs lineup, if they just had a PG besides Felton though Monta and Harris should be fine in the backcourt. Not a huge Harris fan, need a young player to step up...Mekel or Ledo.

Posted just as I did...think we're on the same page. Just one piece away from being a contender.
    The thing with Mekel is he can't shoot to save his life... I thought Shane Larkin was a pretty nice end-of-the-bench guy, wish Mekel had been traded instead of him. I guess Phil must've asked for Larkin.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    The thing with Mekel is he can't shoot to save his life... I thought Shane Larkin was a pretty nice end-of-the-bench guy, wish Mekel had been traded instead of him. I guess Phil must've asked for Larkin.
    Yeah, I love what I've seen from Larkin in the summer league. I think he can really make an impact with the Knicks. No clue on Mekel, never really even heard of the guy until this year but I do love Ledo's game or at least his potential.

An odd trade by the Mavs, feel like the Knicks won that one. Chandler is getting up there in age and I don't even mind Dalembert. NY got rid of Felton for Calderon and Larkin. Dallas really gave up a lot for Chandler, including two 2nd round picks.

jtoler

Mavs will be worse this year than last.

Seto

Yeah, I love what I've seen from Larkin in the summer league. I think he can really make an impact with the Knicks. No clue on Mekel, never really even heard of the guy until this year but I do love Ledo's game or at least his potential.

An odd trade by the Mavs, feel like the Knicks won that one. Chandler is getting up there in age and I don't even mind Dalembert. While they got rid of Felton for Calderon and Larkin. They really gave up a lot for Chandler, including two 2nd round picks.
    Dalembert is a decent enough player when he wants to play which isn't often unfortunately. He did start being concerned more often towards the end of the year (which is kinda normal given the unreal run-in to the playoffs in the West then the playoffs) but I can see why they were sick of dealing with him.

If Chandler stays healthy he provides exactly what this team needs and pairs up perfectly with Dirk. He is getting older but this is clearly a win-now thing for the Mavs (or rather a "give Dirk one last shot at another ring" thing). Plus which Carter isn't returning and it looks like Marion isn't either so the team is still getting younger overall.

Larkin looked like a decent player to me last year in his cameos here and there. If he had been on the PG-less 2012/13 Mavs who were starting Mike James (lol) towards the end of the year, he might have actually played major minutes. Wrong year for the guy to get drafted.

Cuse0323

It does seem like they are going all out to win another. Chandler may be rejuvenated going back the Mavs. It may be one of those things where a different home or in Tyson's case going back home produces better results.

Chandler needs a pick and roll point guard like when he thrived with CP and Felton isn't that guy. I think Monta will enjoy having Chandler down there since the Mavs are mainly a pick and roll team and he is the perfect center for it. The Knicks moving to the triangle had no need for Chandler. Dalembert will be a better fit in the triangle.

Seto

It does seem like they are going all out to win another. Chandler may be rejuvenated going back the Mavs. It may be one of those things where a different home or in Tyson's case going back home produces better results.

Chandler needs a pick and roll point guard like when he thrived with CP and Felton isn't that guy. I think Monta will enjoy having Chandler down there since the Mavs are mainly a pick and roll team and he is the perfect center for it. The Knicks moving to the triangle had no need for Chandler. Dalembert will be a better fit in the triangle.
    Monta runs like 90% of PnR's for the Mavs, which is another reason why Felton will suck for this team. Already dreading seeing him torpedo the offense and run his own shit just to "prove he is still an elite pg" in his own deluded words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkbuylj5HA

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Mavs will be worse this year than last.
    Yep.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Yep.
    Yep.

Kaboomba
    Kaboomba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1123

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Yep.
    Their record last year through 71 games was 42-29 and this year its 44-27...

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomba View Post
    Their record last year through 71 games was 42-29 and this year its 44-27...
    I dont remember them last year but i can tell you they sure do suck this year.
    I would love to play them first round in playoffs.

jtoler

Kaboomba
    Kaboomba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1123

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    I dont remember them last year but i can tell you they sure do suck this year.
    I would love to play them first round in playoffs.
    Wow, what a great point....

First 12