BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Kobe will not win again. Guy wouldn't take a pay cut to put a team around him. Lakers will win again...once he's gone.
    This is the exact reason you know why he could care less anymore.
    He didn't want melo.
    He was watching soccer games in Brazil instead of trying to recruit.
    He's had the best career of anyone other than Jordan, and has been an arrogant "me first" prick the whole time.
    He won those rings with Shaq and still managed to tell him to go fukk himself after lol.
    He is still one of the fiercest competitors the game has ever seen when he has a ball in his hands.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

this should be a fun season watching nick young and kobe bryant fighting for the ball. They might actually block each others shot attempts just to have another shot of their own.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    this should be a fun season watching nick young and kobe bryant fighting for the ball. They might actually block each others shot attempts just to have another shot of their own.
    Will also be fun seeing which one tries less on defense. Kobe has quietly been one of the worst wing defenders in the league the last 4 or 5 years.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    True...considering his wife is holding him ransom...He has to take care of her entire extended family...and in return she won't take him to the cleaners....in the divorce...Kobe know where that 50 million is going...lol
    kobe strikes me as the kind of guy who will have to compete until the day he dies i'm guessing he'll try and out do Magic. I don't see him just fading out never to be seen again. As far as the wife and extended family ....Those are Rich guy problems I know 4 filthy rich guys ...i'm talking filthy rich they all have wives holding them ransom and taking care of extended families....wealthy guy problems. 2 own Oil production companies 1 owns i'm not sure but he also owns a major mma team in so florida the other Owns 3 cannabis dispensaries Wealthy guys with Wealthy guy issues...Much cheaper to keep her and them. Kobe has more dough than all of them. That's a whole other story though dudes with that kind of $$$ shouldn't ever get married or have a joint agreement without a pre nup with these gold diggers.. Shit is out dated.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers will land somebody soon enough I wouldn't worry about westbrook and Durant are up next somebody will bite this is basically the Nba version of the Yankees and the market demands success. This is LA people have entertainment options and Laker tickets aren't cheap they'll get it squared away.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Will also be fun seeing which one tries less on defense. Kobe has quietly been one of the worst wing defenders in the league the last 4 or 5 years.
    That's why we call him "Weak Side Kobe"........For the last six years, he has cherry picked and gambled at the expense of Pau and Dwight closing out to clean up his mistakes.... or he just sits on the weak side waiting for rebounds....Mike Brown wasn't having it...he's out...Dwight and Pau hoped on the first flight out of LAX....should be an interesting year..until he fakes his next injury when they fall 6 games behind the Kings...in December..

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

rectal trauma i believe was the term they used in court

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

What a surprise to see menses in this thread

Lol @ Mike Brown wasn't having it... He's been fired from his last 3 jobs, two of which were the same team. You can't make this shit up.

Nobody wants to play with Dwight (see Bosh and Parsons) Guy is a fukkin loser and everyone knows it.

Pau was so disrespected by the Lakers brass that I honestly don't blame him for leaving, but that had zero to do with Kobe.

Who was your team again? Heat right? Good luck with that max deal for Bosh. I'm sure that will yield many rings.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Does anyone have any photos of that girl Kobe was banging in CO years ago? Never even knew what she looked like?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I don't know if this is her, but that is definitely her name. Funny video one way or the other. I'm sure if you google her name you can find a million pics. Also funny to note that the dude who posted the video is a well known scammer.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Lakers will land somebody soon enough I wouldn't worry about westbrook and Durant are up next somebody will bite this is basically the Nba version of the Yankees and the market demands success. This is LA people have entertainment options and Laker tickets aren't cheap they'll get it squared away.
    And this is where "Laker fan" makes his or her crucial mistake...This ain't your daddy's or even your older brothers Lakers...Stern refusal to accept the Chris Paul trade put them and the rest of the league on notice....Remember, it was Dan Gilbert who complained to Stern about the Chris Paul trade initially...the same Dan Gilbert who was awarded 3 straight number 1 picks in the 4 years Lebron was in Miami...the same Dan Gilbert who now has somehow landed Lebron for the 2nd time in 11 years....

The script is being rewritten...in this NBA soap opera...and the Lakers have been replaced....meanwhile not a single top tier free agent has chosen to sign in LA despite all their "entertainment options"...Not Melo, not Lebron, not even mid level guys like Kyrie, Deng, or Ariza.....Lin is a consolation prize...and the cap is almost entirely ate up. With no trade pieces in place, Love is entirely out of the question and come 2016...Durant will choose the team that gives him the best chance to win...with the best players already in place who are winning...The Lakers squad won't measure up against the Rockets and the Wizards who will be front and center in the Durant Sweepstakes...Lakers are in the cellar for the next 3 years...and must pray Jabari, Embid or Wiggins do not resign with their respective teams 4 years from now when their rookie contracts expire...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    rectal trauma i believe was the term they used in court
    Kobe put it in her ass without asking...which is why he admitted that he understood why "she" thought it was rape even though the sex itself consensual. What i would like to hear more about is the near assault charge he took in Portland with a waitress. Phil talked about it in his book....where he tears Kobe to shreds....
    Last edited by Menses; 07-15-14 at 10:08 PM.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    5 rings
    2 gold medals
    3 mvp trophies
    $300 mil

i doubt he even has 1 bad day.
    Actually I have a feeling Kobe hates every moment of his day unless he's playing basketball.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    What a surprise to see menses in this thread

Lol @ Mike Brown wasn't having it... He's been fired from his last 3 jobs, two of which were the same team. You can't make this shit up.

Nobody wants to play with Dwight (see Bosh and Parsons) Guy is a fukkin loser and everyone knows it.

Pau was so disrespected by the Lakers brass that I honestly don't blame him for leaving, but that had zero to do with Kobe.

Who was your team again? Heat right? Good luck with that max deal for Bosh. I'm sure that will yield many rings.
    LOL...And even though "nobody" wanted to play with Dwight...the Lakers front office still hung a life size banner outside the Staples center begging him to stay...lolol....the Rockets flew Yao Ming in, along with several Rocket hall of famers to bring Dwight to the city....not to mention Parsons himself who begged Dwight to come to Houston. Parsons got a big head and left Houston over money issues...Dwight had nothing to do with it...Dwight opens up the floor for Parsons, why would he have a problem with Dwight? lol I live in Toronto....not Miami.....
    Last edited by Menses; 07-15-14 at 10:09 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

It all makes sense now. Well, good luck with your local sports teams pal. I'll keep enjoying the greatest NBA franchise, even in their down years. And our dominant NHL teams. And our two so cal baseball teams who are owning heads.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    And this is where "Laker fan" makes his or her crucial mistake...This ain't your daddy's or even your older brothers Lakers...Stern refusal to accept the Chris Paul trade put them and the rest of the league on notice....Remember, it was Dan Gilbert who complained to Stern about the Chris Paul trade initially...the same Dan Gilbert who was awarded 3 straight number 1 picks in the 4 years Lebron was in Miami...the same Dan Gilbert who now has somehow landed Lebron for the 2nd time in 11 years....

The script is being rewritten...in this NBA soap opera...and the Lakers have been replaced....meanwhile not a single top tier free agent has chosen to sign in LA despite all their "entertainment options"...Not Melo, not Lebron, not even mid level guys like Kyrie, Deng, or Ariza.....Lin is a consolation prize...and the cap is almost entirely ate up. With no trade pieces in place, Love is entirely out of the question and come 2016...Durant will choose the team that gives him the best chance to win...with the best players already in place who are winning...The Lakers squad won't measure up against the Rockets and the Wizards who will be front and center in the Durant Sweepstakes...Lakers are in the cellar for the next 3 years...and must pray Jabari, Embid or Wiggins do not resign with their respective teams 4 years from now when their rookie contracts expire...
    I agree with you to a point, but the 3 things that the Laker fans don't get is that:

1. Jimmy Buss is a complete clown. These players are smart nowadays after they have been in the league for a few years, they aren't gonna willingly play for an owner who is incompetent, so they are only gonna be there if they get traded or drafted there, or he overpays them. You can't overpay stars, so they would want to have to play for you, which is a bit comical since they just had 2 guys run for less money.

2. Kobe's days as an elite player are over. His ego will still think he's the guy regardless, so as long as hes around, thats strike 2.

3. As much as their fans live for the past days, its time to acknowledge that the Clippers are the team of the future, especially once Steve made of money Ballmer is in charge. Players could give 2 shits less about the history of the game, the Clippers are currently a much better basketball situation for a guy who wants to play in Los Angeles.

Like you said, Love will be long gone next year anyways, then in 2016 once the Kobe albatross is off the books what in god's name will they have to entice Durant with?

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Kobe is the last person I would feel bad for. He deserves to get a testicular cancer while serving 20-to-life.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Kobe will still get about 20ppg and shoot the ball 25+ times this next season. If there is anyone to feel bad for its his teammates

TwoWays

Let's not bring the Clippers in the conversation. that organization will not win a chip with chris paul and blake griffin, and whiny rivers.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Let's not bring the Clippers in the conversation. that organization will not win a chip with chris paul and blake griffin, and whiny rivers.
    It amazes me after years of futility that people think they are now the top team in LA.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I agree with you to a point, but the 3 things that the Laker fans don't get is that:

1. Jimmy Buss is a complete clown.
    These players are smart nowadays after they have been in the league for a few years, they aren't gonna willingly play for an owner who is incompetent, so they are only gonna be there if they get traded or drafted there, or he overpays them. You can't overpay stars, so they would want to have to play for you, which is a bit comical since they just had 2 guys run for less money.

2. Kobe's days as an elite player are over. His ego will still think he's the guy regardless, so as long as hes around, thats strike 2.

3. As much as their fans live for the past days, its time to acknowledge that the Clippers are the team of the future, especially once Steve made of money Ballmer is in charge. Players could give 2 shits less about the history of the game, the Clippers are currently a much better basketball situation for a guy who wants to play in Los Angeles.

Like you said, Love will be long gone next year anyways, then in 2016 once the Kobe albatross is off the books what in god's name will they have to entice Durant with?
    Jimmy is a clown no doubt. He won't be around long. Jeannie will be the face of the franchise in the next two years.

I think it's funny that people are piling on the Lakers for not landing a big free agent. The Lakers have rarely built a championship team through free agency. Most of the time it's been through the draft or trades. I can't think of a superstar free agent that has changed teams to come to the Lakers except for Shaq.

TwoWays

times are a changin', gaucher. i don't know if free agents won't sign with lakers cause kobe or jim, or combination. we will see in 2 years.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

times are a changin', gaucher. i don't know if free agents won't sign with lakers cause kobe or jim, or combination. we will see in 2 years.
    I'm more worried about the scouting and drafting abilities of Mitch and Co. A big FA would be nice, but again, most Laker championships have been home grown or through trades. I'm prepared for a few years of mediocrity. Fuckk I lived through Sedale Threatt and Club Ced, I can give a little leeway assuming the goal is the same.

I actually liked the Lin trade because the Lakers got a first and second round pick and an expiring contract. Triple win.

TwoWays

gaucher, you are definitely right. Now is the time to pick up some young attractive players that will be the base to attract a star. Randle looks nba ready…not only ready, but honestly a perennial all-star soon. isaih thomas or eric bledsoe would be a nice pick up too. why they didn't even offer them a contract i don't know. at least begin to build a young nucleus of talent.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    lakers did well this year in free agency
    fuk lebron, melo, bosh, dirk, parsons,
    LIN and nick young is the haul of the century
    cant wait to see what they do next year

TwoWays

actually js, i think all the guys the lakers went after said fck the lakers.

jsmithj88

Jimmy is a clown no doubt. He won't be around long. Jeannie will be the face of the franchise in the next two years.

I think it's funny that people are piling on the Lakers for not landing a big free agent. The Lakers have rarely built a championship team through free agency. Most of the time it's been through the draft or trades. I can't think of a superstar free agent that has changed teams to come to the Lakers except for Shaq.
    its funny cuz lakers fans had lebron and melo penciled in the lakers lineup next year
    now they are left with 3rd tiered FA's
    kobe is fcked

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    its funny cuz lakers fans had lebron and melo penciled in the lakers lineup next year
    now they are left with 3rd tiered FA's
    kobe is fcked
    Lol no. What dipshit could look at the numbers and think that could possibly happen? I thought it was a coin flip at best to get Melo. No way LeBron was coming to LA.

jsmithj88

Lol no. What dipshit could look at the numbers and think that could possibly happen? I thought it was a coin flip at best to get Melo. No way LeBron was coming to LA.
    believe me, they are on this board
    melo was never coming to LA,
    they were one of his first cuts

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I seriously hope Lakers sign a few washed up has beens, a la Nash, and the line on their win total shoots up so I can fade that pathetic team. Maybe they can get Bosh ? That would rock.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like treating team mates like shit has finally caught up to him. Never got why he just gets pass after pass on these issues. But what is really hurting Lakers, is the terrible deal they gave Kobe. Makes no sense at all to pay him for something he did already, maybe in the MLB you can get away with it since there is no Cap. Kobe had to of known when he signed that deal, that it was going to be hard to sign any other free agent with all the cash he makes off the court if he wanted to win, he would of took less money. Guy made his own decision, and I cant blame him. I would do the same thing, but no one should feel sorry for him, or bad for him.

Menses

It all makes sense now. Well, good luck with your local sports teams pal. I'll keep enjoying the greatest NBA franchise, even in their down years. And our dominant NHL teams. And our two so cal baseball teams who are owning heads.

The Kings...? LOL....Jesus......I will never forgive you guys for stealing Gretzky away from us in 1988....blasted Hollywood jerks crushed the whole city of Edmonton...the hell with you and your Kings...lol

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Kobe will still get about 20ppg and shoot the ball 25+ times this next season. If there is anyone to feel bad for its his teammates
    Jeremy Lin thinks he had it bad in Houston with Harden...looking forward to seeing the look on Lin's face when he realizes his only job is to set picks at the top of the Key for "Weak Side Kobe"....who is half the player Harden now is...and 3 times as bad on defense.....I give it about 10 games before Kobe tells Lin to put his big boy pants on....meanwhile Gasol is laughing his Spanish ass off in Chicago....

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

kobe carried kwame brown to back to back playoff appearances...... not even jordan could do that.

contrary to what these clowns say, kobe will be fine. he will be among the league leaders in scoring and have the lakers in the playoff hunt.

Menses

The Draft? How old are you young fella? Randle is the first significant draft the Lakers have had since Magic in 79...and that wasn't even a draft...they were simply awarded Magic....They have either stolen or bamboozled other teams into giving them their best players....or they have acquired assets through free agency...Somebody threatened the Hornets into trading Kobe For Vlade back in 96....Shaq chose to come to LA in 96 as well....Gasol was traded to LA by Jerry West as a favor to Jerry Buss for a bag of skittles back in 07...after Jerry begged him so Kobe would not leave the franchise...Chris Paul was a free agent...Gilbert and Stern nixed the trade...Dwight was a trade acquisition...historically they do not "draft"....but will be drafting quite a bit over the next few years as they will be a lottery team from here on out....

First 1234 Last