Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Their fans are annoying pussies who think they invented the game of basketball and should somehow be entitled as a result.

That made me laugh

Rockchalk

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

That made me laugh

Rockchalk
    I respect the history of that program, and have to respect what Self has been able to do, but their goddamn fans want to be treated like royalty, and for pundits to praise them as such.

One of the few teams I root against in college basketball.

I think the fact that they got Withey and turned that gigantic oyster into a gamer and NBA pick might have made my dislike for them border on irrational.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

No one needs Wiggins more than the Raps.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    No one needs Wiggins more than the Raps.
    That would be a coup, yet it wouldn't be surprising if the balls happen to fall that way.

If Wiggins bombs his only year in college, and the Raptors get the first pick, they would take Wiggins without hesitation.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

That would be a coup, yet it wouldn't be surprising if the balls happen to fall that way.

If Wiggins bombs his only year in college, and the Raptors get the first pick, they would take Wiggins without hesitation.
    And in true raptor form, they will actually make the playoffs in a year they should not...but it might be for nill anyway....Stern and his successor will not allow number 1 draft pick to be playing in Toronto...not good for the league...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    And in true raptor form, they will actually make the playoffs in a year they should not...but it might be for nill anyway....Stern and his successor will not allow number 1 draft pick to be playing in Toronto...not good for the league...
    No shit. Agreed with not letting number 1 go.

I think Canadian teams have had 2nd pick a few times.I know one time was for Arizona's own Mike Bibby

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Wiggins is getting trashed right now. Saw something earlier today while I was working my way around the world wide web where writers were just taking shots at this kid, Jeff Goodman being among those writers.

Everything from simply not seeing the star potential, to his straight up laziness, to him taking plays off, to him looking like an average player, to him not being the best player on Kansas much less one of the most stacked drafts in a long time.

I am in 100% agreement with you on Randle. The guy is old for a freshman, and is already sporting a man body. Guy has all the tools to be a game changer.

Wiggins jumped up a class. He should be a senior in HS. He's still older than Aaron Gordon, but the point remains when looking at a kid who hasn't even lost their baby fat, and looking at a guy who has man muscle there is a vast difference.

Right now, if I have the no. 1 pick and the lottery is tonight, I am picking Randle without even a moments hesitation.

I've seen these kids play for years now. Wiggins is the crown jewel of the Canadian basketball program. He's incredible. The first time I saw him, he absolutely asserted himself as one of the best I've ever seen at the HS level. I remember leaving the gym that day thinking this kid was already more physically athletic than LeBron at the same age. I saw him a few times since then, and I have to agree with a lot of the reports coming out of Jayhawk practice. Guy looked disinterested, took plays off, and outside of a highlight reel play here and there looked average.

Randle on the other hand has and always will have a weird nose for the ball, and he seems to have some ill will towards the people he plays against. The guy plays hard as hell, damn near with malice.
    I've been saying Fukk Wiggins for a while and I will be all season.

Outside of Louisville's players, my boy is JABARI PARKER.

I expect Parker to stay longer than a year, I think he buys into Coach K's thing about sticking around.

One and Done is trying to ruin the college game and they should let kids go from HS to the pro's again so we can actually watch college teams develop.

I'm a guy who reps coaches in basketball before I rep teams. I like Pitino, Coach K, and Izzo so I'll be watching plenty of Parker next year at Duke. Outside of those coaches and where they currently coach/may coach in the future, I like Louisville as a team and HATE UNC and Kentucky. Next year I'll just hope that Duke and Louisville both have awesome years and then Louisville beats them whenever they play and advance farther in the tourney's.

Still my biggest sports fan regret, probably ever, is how I used to trash Izzo, before I found out he might legitimately be the only big time coach who isn't a scum bag in real life. Pitino is a boss, but hide your daughters, girlfriends, and wives when he comes around. Coach K will have a stroke with all his red face if he doesn't watch it.

How soon the media forgets:

Then Parker gets injured and still finishes like 2nd ranked in his class after Wiggins moved up, and now Parker gets know love and now we see this:
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-16 at 01:34 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Julius Randle, Andrew Wiggins, and Jabari Parker are all contenders for the #1 pick.

ChalkyDog

Wiggins would have been #1 overall regardless what class he was in.

The reason Parker got bumped off #1, is because Wiggins reclassified.

Would have been hilarious if Parker went to BYU for Mormon reasons.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    YES....100% correct

couldn't score in college or shoot FT's

So he can swat balls, so could Manute Bol
    Brock, I don't want to hear you ever disrespect the great Manute Bol ever again...

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Raps missed the boat last year. They should have played a Sixers type season & taken Bennett.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Wiggins would have been #1 overall regardless what class he was in.

The reason Parker got bumped off #1, is because Wiggins reclassified.

Would have been hilarious if Parker went to BYU for Mormon reasons.
    No doubt Wiggins would have gone #1 last year, but if he doesn't perform in college he won't go #1. Julius Randle is just as athletic as Wiggins, but not as good of a basketball player in High School. Problem with Jabari Parker is he is not athletic enough compared to Elite SG/SF NBA players. If Parker starts taking PEDs that might change though, but he doesn't have that speed now to be an Elite NBA player. If Parker was fast he would be #1 in most mock drafts. Parker's comparison now is a bigger Ray Allen who can post-up.

(By elite I mean Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Ginobili, and Wade)

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    No doubt Wiggins would have gone #1 last year, but if he doesn't perform in college he won't go #1. Julius Randle is just as athletic as Wiggins, but not as good of a basketball player in High School. Problem with Jabari Parker is he is not athletic enough compared to Elite SG/SF NBA players. If Parker starts taking PEDs that might change though, but he doesn't have that speed now to be an Elite NBA player. If Parker was fast he would be #1 in most mock drafts. Parker's comparison now is a bigger Ray Allen who can post-up.

(By elite I mean Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Ginobili, and Wade)
    I was more speaking to the class rankings. Wiggins was the no. 1 player in HS regardless of class. The fact that he reclassified from a Junior to a Senior, so he can get to the next level quicker, is the only reason Jabari got bumped.

Jabari was the best player in the class, but not the best player in High School.

The amount of hype surrounding Wiggins should push him to no. 1 overall unless he shits the bed this year, which I doubt. Self will give Wiggins every opportunity to showcase that talent. Otherwise, Kansas recruiting could take a serious hit.

The stigma of "Wiggins was no. 1 before he went to Kansas" would stick for a bit.

I do agree with your assessment of Jabari though, he lacks that first step that elite players have, as such he has a hard time beating good defenders off the dribble. His shot selection used to be awful, but that has improved and Coach K will really help in that regard. My main issue with Jabari is his lack of interest in playing defense. That will drop your name on a few teams draft boards, but overall not wanting to play solid defense in the NBA isn't that big of an issue.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 10-23-13 at 02:33 PM.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

first place in the Atlantic division

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

and they end up with a guy who still hasn't played a game yet. That franchise has a long way to go.

First 12