aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Good call on the Cowboys.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Huge round 6 in the NRL. Erased the season deficit in 1 weekend.

NRL round 6
    5-1 (+6.85 units)

NRL season
    9-9 (+0.49 units)

Pretty average start to the AFL season, however I'm not worried. Was a bit unlucky with the Freo 1-39 play, and if that had of hit would have been a break even round in a round full of crazy results!

AFL Round 2
    2-4 (-2.75 units)

AFL Round 2
    2-4 (-2.75 units)

aussieH
    Update your status

Not a ground round ahead in afl.

Going with freo at the line and the over in that game.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
    Not a ground round ahead in afl.

Going with freo at the line and the over in that game.
    Bad round for entertainment. Best round thus far for building the bank.

sando

NRL

1* Sea Eagles ML ($2.50 Pinnacle)

AFL

1* Collingwood 1-39 ($2.05 Sportsbet)

sando

AFL

Essendon v Carlton

3.5* Bombers -24.5 (Luxbet)

(First big play of the AFL/NRL season's)

The Bombers have the Blues covered all over the park. Their list is loaded with a solid mix of emerging young talent & proven stars. They have a superior forward line, back line, ruck & midfield. Especially in the midfield & ruck, with Kruezer, Warnock & Daisy Thomas out for Carlton, and Gibbs & Murphy in poor form. Essendon is harder around the ball (Chapman, Watson) & they have superior outside run (Zaharakis, Heppell). Carlton is actually a rather slow team, seriously lacking in outside run, and Heppell & co can exploit them badly here. The Bombers have a loaded forward line with Hurley &/or Carlisle, Goddard, Daniher & Cooney, and a solid backline. The Blues have an average forward line, and keep trading away their best forwards (Kennedy, Betts, Waite, Garlett, etc). Their forward line is so impotent that they have had to move one of their best midfielders (Murphy) into the forward line. Also their backline looks suspect and got opened up time & again by West Coast last week. The Bombers forward line is superior to West Coast's. There is no conceivable area where the Blues are stronger than the Bombers. The Blues are essentially a bottom 4 team this season & the Bombers are potentially a top 4 team. All of the b/s surrounding the Asada investigation & the controversy surrounding coach Hird over the last two seasons has left most pundits overlooking the fact that the Dons have put together a very impressive list. I simply don't understand why the line is so low. I grade the line at closer to -38 (and would still back the Dons to cover that). Carlton has been poor in both matches so far against average teams & Essendon has been outstanding in both matches so far against last years two grand finalists. Carlton have lost 12 of their last 15 matches. There is some precipitation expected in Melbourne tomorrow, however that is not expected to roll in until 1700 at the earliest & the game will be over by then. Yes the Blues will probably be fired up after copping it from their coach & the media after last weeks insipid effort, and also because they are playing the old enemy. They will probably even start well (as they have the last two weeks), but at some point the Bombers will put the foot down and grind the Blues into dust. These two teams often play close matches, regardless of ladder position, but I'm not buying into that this time round, the Don's are simply the better team all across the park. Bombers by 40+

sando

NRL

2* Gold Coast -1.5

1* Cowboys v Warriors Over 43.5 ($2.00 Centrebet)

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

My book just have Bombers -33.5. Still a play?

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Interesting 1st quarter. Bombers dominating but not yet pulling away.

sando

AFL

North Melbourne v Port Adelaide

1* North Melbourne ML ($2.09 Pinnacle)

sando

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    AFL

North Melbourne v Port Adelaide

1* North Melbourne ML ($2.09 Pinnacle)
    Sorry the play is 1* North -2.5 ($1.96 Pinnacle) NOT the ML.

sando

AFL

Freo v West Coast
    2.5* Freo -19.5 (Pinnacle)

Also posted a couple of MMA plays on twitter. One of them has already cashed. The other is Max Holloway for 1 unit ($2.12 Pinnacle) starting soon...

sando

NRL

Eels @ Knights

2.5* Knights -6
    1* Over 39.5

Eels score 20 & concede 25ppg.Knights to bounce back hard at home.Expect attacking footy.

luan92
    luan92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2594

Wow. Freo with a solid start

sando

NRL

Cronulla v Souths

1.5* Under 34

Both teams with above average defence and the weather is crazy in Sydney as well.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Do you like the souths ml or can I take them with - the points thank you my o/u is at 36 1/2 some will also put a wager on the under Tia Johnny

sando

NRL

A solid if not spectacular round, however starting to get a good handle on most teams by now. Totals have been doing well.

Round 7

4-2 (+1.55 units)

Season

13-11 (+2.04 units)

AFL

Would have been a great round, but losing the big Essendon play killed the round. Slow start to the season, but not too concerned as I follow AFL as closely as NRL, and have traditionally done well in both sports.

Round 3

1-3 (-3.25 units)

Season

3-7 (-6 units)

*Also hit both UFC plays, however I think I only posted 1 of them on SBR?

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

NRL is starting to tickover Sando, love tailing your plays. AFL will come back around, been a strange few rounds and that Essendon play was so unfortunate, pretty much that fluke goal by Ellard that cooked the play. Keep goin strong!

aussieH
    Update your status

Crazy weather I that Monday night nrl game.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    NRL is starting to tickover Sando, love tailing your plays. AFL will come back around, been a strange few rounds and that Essendon play was so unfortunate, pretty much that fluke goal by Ellard that cooked the play. Keep goin strong!
    Thanks mate, long time no talk. Glad to see a familiar face in this ghost town...

sando

AFL Future play

2015 Rising Star award

2* Isaac Heeney ($3.75 Will Hill/Centrebet/Tom Waterhouse)

Can get $3.25 at Sportsbet, but only $2.75 at Luxbet

Anyone who has watched the Swans this season will know what I am talking about. This kid is head & shoulders above the rest of the 2015 rookies. Would have gone top 3 in the draft if not for the Swans academy clause that has Eddie Maguires knickers in a knot (like he needs any excuse to hate on the Swans). If Hogan from the D's & McIntosh from the Tigers are the closest competition, then he should have nothing to worry about. Heeney plays like he's already got 100 games under his belt. Great hands, great kick, goes hard at the ball, (as is expected of all Swans) appears to be unflappable, and he is already forming a very dangerous combination with Buddy in the forward square. Also a natural advantage playing at the Swans, as they are loaded with stars through the midfield & up forward so opposition teams will hardly pay him any attention. Only injury can derail what should be a lock on the rising star award by mid-season, when his price will probably have come in to around $2.00.

Last edited by sando; 04-21-15 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Supposed to be a 2 unit play (not 1)

therealdealau

Thanks mate, long time no talk. Glad to see a familiar face in this ghost town...
    No doubt man, you on the same phone number? Let's get some AFL plays ticking over.

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

I hope he hasn't quit again

sando

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzadude View Post
    I hope he hasn't quit again
    Sorry mate, really busy w/e. Couldn't quite find the time to get my plays out, although you didn't miss much. It was a tough round & I only finished up approx +1 unit across both NRL & AFL for the w/e.

I'll be back next w/e for NRL. I already see some big opportunities in the rep matches. I like the junior Kangaroos to smash the junior Kiwis & the actual Kiwis to cover the spread against the Kangaroos.

aussieH
    Update your status

I hve also backed Heeney at 4.00 and 3.50. He has now drifted to 6.00 based on hogans game against the Tigers. Thinking of going again on heeney.

sando

NRL

Representative Round

Australia v NZ
    2* Under 36.5 (Centrebet/Will Hill)
    1.5* NZ +8

Toa Samoa v Mate Ma'a Tonga
    1.5* Samoa ML ($1.87 Centrebet)

City v Country
    1* City -1.5

*Just for the record I think the Jillaroos will lose to whatever they call the female Kiwis and that the junior Kangaroos will crush the junior Kiwis (I just wish I could find a market on the match).

sando

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
    I hve also backed Heeney at 4.00 and 3.50. He has now drifted to 6.00 based on hogans game against the Tigers. Thinking of going again on heeney.
    Hogan was amazing against your Tigers mate, but I think the drift was also because Heeney has a injury. Thank god it is only a minor knee issue & he should be back soon...

therealdealau

Hopefully Heeney comes back soon, solid player just got a little lost against my boys on the weekend. Was a pity too I was at the game and was looking forward to seeing some of his skills especially around goal. One think I'd like to say is wow, Buddy Franklin what an athlete. I went to school with him but back then he was really skinny but I got to see him have a couple of impressive passages of play last weekend that just blew my mind. He is an absolute physiqal BEAST. One play that I'll never forget was in his attacking forward 50 close to the boundary he tried to close down McPharlin who did a long range handball pass to Walters, I thought that was play finished as I anticipated Walters (who had a good 10m+ distance from Buddy) would just sprint away, however Buddy is infact significantly quicker than little Sonny Walters, he charged at him like a bat out of hell, caught up to him incredibly quickly and with one swift bump sent Walters flying into the stands. Amazing!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

sando

AFL
    2* Collingwood -6.5

NRL
    1* Junior Kangaroos -8.5

I don't know enough about the junior Kiwis to risk more than 1x

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Hopefully Heeney comes back soon, solid player just got a little lost against my boys on the weekend. Was a pity too I was at the game and was looking forward to seeing some of his skills especially around goal. One think I'd like to say is wow, Buddy Franklin what an athlete. I went to school with him but back then he was really skinny but I got to see him have a couple of impressive passages of play last weekend that just blew my mind. He is an absolute physiqal BEAST. One play that I'll never forget was in his attacking forward 50 close to the boundary he tried to close down McPharlin who did a long range handball pass to Walters, I thought that was play finished as I anticipated Walters (who had a good 10m+ distance from Buddy) would just sprint away, however Buddy is infact significantly quicker than little Sonny Walters, he charged at him like a bat out of hell, caught up to him incredibly quickly and with one swift bump sent Walters flying into the stands. Amazing!
    What a game to be at, I'm so jealous. Freo look the goods this season, imagine a Sydney v Freo GF... How angry Eddie Macguire & his Melbourne power brokers would be haha.

therealdealau

AFL
    2* Collingwood -6.5

NRL
    1* Junior Kangaroos -8.5

I don't know enough about the junior Kiwis to risk more than 1x

What a game to be at, I'm so jealous. Freo look the goods this season, imagine a Sydney v Freo GF... How angry Eddie Macguire & his Melbourne power brokers would be haha.
    Would love a Freo/Syd grand final, I'm most probably going to buy tickets to Melbourne in the next few weeks. I'm never confident but this year (although it's early and one of our vets could get injured) I feel really good about our squad especially our scoring ability now via the midfield turnovers something we didn't have much of in previous seasons. Also Fyfe's becoming more dominant and in tight games/moments he is really putting his 'will' on the game and making key grabs, still cant kick for sh*t in front of goal. I might be coming your way to check out Adelaide Oval!

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

The Australia vs NZ game was postponed due to bad weather! Kickoff is now 4pm on Sunday Afternoon.

aussieH
    Update your status

Sportsbet are not voiding bets on the rugby. Unbelievable I played the under due to the wet

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

Havent been on here in a long while nice to see this thread is back, I think theres some value in the tryscorers markets for samoa v tonga,, a couple thst stood out for me was
    antime tryscorer
    konrad hurrell 2.40
    Joseph Leilua 2.30
    value in a few more too, but just need one of these to cross the line for a profit

sando

Nice start to the w/e last night with the Pies an easy winner. Loving todays AFL card.

AFL

Sydney v Western Bulldogs
    1* Swans 1-39 ($2.05 Sportsbet)

Brisbane v Gold Coast
    1.5* Over 168.5 (Luxbet)
    1* Brisbane ML ($2.00 Pinnacle)

North Melbourne v Hawthorn
    1.5* North +21.5 (Luxbet/Pinnacle)
    0.5* North ML ($3.45 Luxbet)

West Coast v GWS
    1* GWS +8.5 (Luxbet)
    1* GWS 1-39 ($2.90 Luxbet)

therealdealau

Nice love the plays. I'm leaning the Cats as well.

First ... 319320321322323324325 ... Last