rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6485

Apparently a number of posters on here don't agree with the grand jury's decision.

The grand jury had access to way more information than any of us. They watched two videos of of the incident in real-time, slow-motion and frame-by-frame. The heard testimony from about 20 eyewitnesses as well as sprint car racing experts and an accident reconstruction expert.

While Ward's being under the influence of marijuana certainly was a major factor in their decision, it's important to note that they found no fault with Stewart's actions behind the wheel.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Apparently a number of posters on here don't agree with the grand jury's decision.

The grand jury had access to way more information than any of us. They watched two videos of of the incident in real-time, slow-motion and frame-by-frame. The heard testimony from about 20 eyewitnesses as well as sprint car racing experts and an accident reconstruction expert.

While Ward's being under the influence of marijuana certainly was a major factor in their decision, it's important to note that they found no fault with Stewart's actions behind the wheel.
    Who gives a rats ass if he smokes weed,to say that was why he went after Tony is just a crock of shit. Every driver has gone after drivers on the track at one point including Mr Stewart.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-28-14 at 12:43 PM.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The entire basis for weed in this story is to create a Strawman, Ad hominem, and clearly red herring attack.

Pretty spectacular move by the NASCAR PR department.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I don't give a shit about Stewart. If he would have got hit while out of the car, I'd say he's an idiot too.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Funny you say that, because Smoke thinks it's perfectly acceptable to throw a helmet at a moving vehicle
    In that case, as in this one, Stewart started the whole chain of events by causing the wreck in the first place.
    Bottom line is the race track becomes a more dangerous place when Smoke is present.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't give a shit about Stewart. If he would have got hit while out of the car, I'd say he's an idiot too.
    This is what you posted:

Does it matter if Stewart sped up, slowed down, swerved, etc.? Maybe Stewart thought Ward had a gun so he tried to speed up. Maybe he had a bat? He definitely had a helmet. That could be a weapon if thrown at a moving vehicle.
    You were defending Stewart, saying maybe he thought Ward was going to use his helmet on him or something.

Smoke has thrown his helmet at a moving racecar in the past (he was throwing a tantrum after HE CAUSED A WRECK).

Bottom line is Smoke makes the race track a more dangerous place (as proven by the long trail of carnage he's left behind in the past), regardless of whether he intended to run Ward over or not (and remember, the whole incident started not by Ward driving poorly, but by a wreck that Stewart caused).
    Last edited by yisman; 09-28-14 at 11:08 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9220

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

That's the important bit.

And if there was evidence to say Stewart gunned his car to intimidate Ward and slid into him, the grand jury would not have said that.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The entire basis for weed in this story is to create a Strawman, Ad hominem, and clearly red herring attack.

Pretty spectacular move by the NASCAR PR department.
    Excatly

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why are you assuming that Tony Stewart floored on the accelerator? There is no proof that he sped up. People heard the sounds of an engine revving and assume it was Stewart's car. It could have been the car in front of him that almost hit Ward too. If you look at the video, it was Ward making impact with the car that caused the car to fish tail, not Stewart turning the car. Stewart was driving in his normal lane and it wasn't until Ward hit the wing that the car moved.

The most dramatic of all was the guy filming the incident screaming out... "Oh he hit him", basically accusing Stewart of deliberately hitting the kid. The kid never tried to move out of the way. He kept going towards the car as if he was on a death march. Rewatch the videos.

The guy didnt deliberatly accuse Stewart,Stewart did hit him.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

It looks like he walked right into the car to me. I could see if Stewart went up high aiming at Ward which he didn't. If you are on foot in the middle of a racetrack, isn't the onus on you to get out of the damn way? Ward didn't try to move backwards or jump back. He walked right into the car path. Even the car before him looked like it grazed him a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    The guy didnt deliberatly accuse Stewart,Stewart did hit him.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Smoke got all hotballs again aND used his car as a weapon last saturday night and still nobody gives a fukk

this guy thinks he can do WHATEVER the fukk he wants and no repurcussions and he is right

so what Kevin Ward smoked a little tree prolly just fingered his girlfriend too

it was his saturday night too he was just A KID

why didn't Tony Stewart get drug tested that night?

where's the fukkin on board go pro?

i hope somebody buries this motherfukker he should never race agaim fukk him

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Wreck high, go low...Fukk that mj stuff. The open letter from wards aunt(?) pretty much said it all...

manny24
    pay Bobby

everyone's sympathy and support for Smoke will vanish if he even touches Jimmie Johnson's bumper trust me

if he wrecks Jr. they will have him swinging from a light post

Optional

I think it is just the mainstream media wanting to get fired up about it. Stewart didn't do anything particularly bad on Saturday.

They ram each other all the time in NASCAR. And I hope they don't change simply because of social media driven outrage.

manny24
    pay Bobby

Opti his actions contributed to killing a young man less than 2 months ago and he's out there looking to ram guys

this is not over

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Opti his actions contributed to killing a young man less than 2 months ago and he's out there looking to ram guys

this is not over
    I would have liked to see him man up and address the point that really mattered. Did he rev the car as he approached Ward and if so was it meant to intimidate him.

So I havent given him a free pass, but bumping another car on the slow down lap is just part of NASCAR racing, not further evidence Stewart is a crazy man.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I def agree Opti, it is just NASCAR. But that shit needs to stop ASAP on a race track. It is getting out of control.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Every single opinion piece written by guys who drive these types cars have said it was obvious from to them that Stewart did not aim at Ward, did not try to scare him, and did nothing wrong. In fact, one driver even went as far to say that in his own experience, that during a caution lap, he was usually keeping a quick look at the track while he adjusted his straps and checked his gauges. That his main focus was not on the track, just making sure he had a gap with the car in front of him. And he felt safe in saying that most drivers do the same. That makes a lot of sense to me from what I have heard over driver radios during races. And if that was the case, then Stewart probably didn't see Ward until the very last moment and it was too late by then.

As for Stewart's temper, what on earth would he have had to be angry with? He wasn't wrecked. Why would he care if some kid was coming down a dimly lit dirt track to yell at him? It was nothing to him. That as an argument has never made any sense to me.

manny24
    pay Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Every single opinion piece written by guys who drive these types cars have said it was obvious from to them that Stewart did not aim at Ward, did not try to scare him, and did nothing wrong. In fact, one driver even went as far to say that in his own experience, that during a caution lap, he was usually keeping a quick look at the track while he adjusted his straps and checked his gauges. That his main focus was not on the track, just making sure he had a gap with the car in front of him. And he felt safe in saying that most drivers do the same. That makes a lot of sense to me from what I have heard over driver radios during races. And if that was the case, then Stewart probably didn't see Ward until the very last moment and it was too late by then.

As for Stewart's temper, what on earth would he have had to be angry with? He wasn't wrecked. Why would he care if some kid was coming down a dimly lit dirt track to yell at him? It was nothing to him. That as an argument has never made any sense to me.
    Nina i will be cool with everything you said soon as i see that on-board go pro

i can hear the guys on the headset right now

uh yeah Tony why don't you bring her down to the wall we're going to grab the camera and change 1

fukkin guy should be in jail Nina

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

He didn't use a go pro that night. It has been reported multiple times.

manny24
    pay Bobby

if it was just a horrible accident where is the Kevin Ward memorial fund or scholarship headed up by Smoke?

a little late by now but where is the tribute or rememberance by Tony and his team?

when is he going to dedicate this season to his fellow driver that had this terrible misfortune?

is nobody else bothered by the blatant lack of remorse or sympathy how about once even mentioning the kids name again?

i bet he has not contacted the Ward family to invite them to an event or even have an honest conversation about life

the only thing i know for sure is Kevin's ghost will be in Smoke's car with him every lap every race every year

this will sort itself out

manny24
    pay Bobby

last bump for the sponsors

fukk off Smoke

yisman

the only thing i know for sure is Kevin's ghost will be in Smoke's car with him every lap every race every year

that's true and it explains why Smoke has been terrible ever since

hard to focus with a ghost in the car with you

and yes, zero remorse from Smoke. He even was going to race the Sprint Cup race immediately afterwards until sponsors finally pressured him to sit it out.

Even if it wasn't his fault at all, normal people would feel bad about running over and killing someone.

manny24
    pay Bobby

it's supposed to be a brotherhood right Yis?

an innocent person would have BEGGED forgiveness from the family and dedicated EVERYTHING to their fallen brother

guy is a disrespectful piece of trash nothing he says or does from this point forward will ever change that

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16267

Yes I agree with the above poster his in car radio from the last race showed you he still has a very bad temper.Most Nascar drivers are babies they cry over everything.

packerd_00

if it was just a horrible accident where is the Kevin Ward memorial fund or scholarship headed up by Smoke?

a little late by now but where is the tribute or rememberance by Tony and his team?

when is he going to dedicate this season to his fellow driver that had this terrible misfortune?

is nobody else bothered by the blatant lack of remorse or sympathy how about once even mentioning the kids name again?

i bet he has not contacted the Ward family to invite them to an event or even have an honest conversation about life

Tonys a selfish prick,were you watching him on Sunday tried to wreck two different drivers just because he wasn't getting by them fast enough. Ended up wrecking himself trying to get by Justin Algier.

yisman

I wish I had a dollar for every time Smoke threw a tantrum and tried to wreck another driver.

He has the maturity of a 5 year old.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

do people actually spend their time watching others drive cars around in a circle?.. and then actually get mad about it? who does that?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    do people actually spend their time watching others drive cars around in a circle?.. and then actually get mad about it? who does that?
    what do you expect from a sport that was started by moonshiners.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stewart is still a king in the sport

Horrible accident

existential

sport? is that a joke?

i drove my car to the grocery store earlier - the route to there and back home is basically a full circle.. am i an athlete now?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

sport? is that a joke?

i drove my car to the grocery store earlier - the route to there and back home is basically a full circle.. am i an athlete now?
    No you're a smart ass....but many drivers are athlete's first these days...drivers like Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards are athletes that do triathlon's and marathons among other sports. You'll find the other motor sports drivers just the same that they have to train daily because of the strain that driving puts on your body. It's not like the redneck days of years ago....but that's what you want to focus on....so have at it Clem

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I wish I had a dollar for every time Smoke threw a tantrum and tried to wreck another driver.

He has the maturity of a 5 year old.
    Probably why he's a middle aged bachelor.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    No you're a smart ass....but many drivers are athlete's first these days...drivers like Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards are athletes that do triathlon's and marathons among other sports. You'll find the other motor sports drivers just the same that they have to train daily because of the strain that driving puts on your body. It's not like the redneck days of years ago....but that's what you want to focus on....so have at it Clem
    The guys a dipshit,the amount of technology that goes into building a Nascar these days is mind blowing.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    The guys a dipshit,the amount of technology that goes into building a Nascar these days is mind blowing.
    there's also a lot of technology that goes into building smart phones and flat panel TV's

so does making phone calls and watching TV make you an athlete too?

packerd_00

there's also a lot of technology that goes into building smart phones and flat panel TV's

so does making phone calls and watching TV make you an athlete too?
    Get in one of those cars and go toe to toe with those boys for 4 hours and then tell me they aren't athletes.

Im sorry but unless you get the Sport you just wont understand what these guys go through. See I don't think of Golfers as Athletes but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 03-19-15 at 10:02 PM.

First ... 1011121314 Last