SBR Natalie
    SBR Natalie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16905

Formula 1 Picks: 2014 Australian Grand Prix Preview

Formula 1 Picks: 2014 Australian Grand Prix Preview

Are you all excited for the Formula 1 season? Share your thoughts below !

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Can't wait.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Anyone but Vetel

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Prefer to meet you head on in a bumper car Natalie so hot that youre smokin out your tailpipe

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Anyone but Vetel
    Vettel is actually +300 to win the driver's championship at 5 Dimes, the first time I remember him not being favored. They have Hamilton +250.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

i can't stand F1 racing personally....too boring for me

but i know optional and Mati are FIRED UP!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

Once you learn all the rules its quite entertaining.

F1 is like a game of chess against a bunch of cheaters.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Once you learn all the rules its quite entertaining.

F1 is like a game of chess against a bunch of cheaters.
    Your teammate has a bigger sponsor so pull over and let him win

4getaboutit
    4getaboutit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2467

Forza Scuderia Ferrari!!!
    Alonso
    Raikkonen

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Hell yeah.

Agree with most of what the guest expert says.

Should have bet Hamilton last week or earlier when Vettel was still fave. But agree Alonso and Raikkonen the value value now.

And Kimi for fastest lap is always a favourite bet of mine. He loves making them as much as Vettel.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Vettel is actually +300 to win the driver's championship at 5 Dimes, the first time I remember him not being favored. They have Hamilton +250.

There is something wrong with their car. New rules or something. Favors the richest teams. Ferrari, McLarren etc.

byronbb

Ya I can understand but people will say the same of NASCAR and you would correctly tell them they are wrong. Last season sort of sucked because that jerk Vettel ran away with it but the last few years have seen some good races and close championship. Kimi back at Ferrari should be amusing.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

as opposed to left bank x1000?

Sure pal

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I loved to watch it.
    They fukked up big time with all the laughable rule changes and shit. Plus, there are no characters in it anymore - Neither to love, nor to hate. Räikkönen and Alonso are the last men left there. Even the engines are laughable now.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    as opposed to left bank x1000?

Sure pal
    At least u see passing and cars ACTUALLY RACING each other. Lol. After turn 1 it's follow the leader and 7 second leads all day. I like actual racing side by side and a lot of action. Nothing wrong with liking it at all, I just said I didn't like f1. I have it a try last 2 years an just couldn't get into it

just a difference of opinion of the kind of racing u like.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-27-14 at 08:16 PM.

SBR Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    \
    \And Kimi for fastest lap is always a favourite bet of mine. He loves making them as much as Vettel.

Very interesting .... Do you look at many other markets typically?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Natalie View Post

Very interesting .... Do you look at many other markets typically?
    As there is no incentive to run away by a big margin to win a race in F1, I think the Under 10 seconds winning margin market is always worth some thought. (although there were a lot of 10+ sec margins last year which was unusual compared to the previous few years). With these new cars and fuel usage rate rules I'd say there will be even more dis incentive for a driver to go any faster than required in the lead. So will be trying that again this year.

Driver to Score Points (top 10) usually offers a couple of decent shots around $3.00 or better. I'm thinking with the new cars and reliability issues (hopefully) there might be some really big priced shots to be had early. Like a Marussia for example...

A tip from another forum poster (MatI) that seems to work very well for him is to bet NO Safety Car in the appropriate races (most of them)

On betfair they have interesting Pole/Race WInner market that usually offers a chance to buy a couple early and trade out with an easy profit after qualifying. (well in theory... haven't been that successful with it but can always see what I should have done afterward lol)

I like betting who will top the first and third practice sessions too. Just because a pattern develops in the first one around which teams do their pre race work in what order (some do faster lap work first session, some in 2nd)... and third session is mostly all out speed for the big teams so more reliable to predict. (although maybe thats also because I like watching practice sessions anyway, and betting on it makes it a lot more interesting)

Was burnt a bunch of times last year betting Webber for a podium finish, with his string of 4ths.

Sometimes driver head to heads.

Too much probably. I'm not sharp. Just a race fan that loves betting on anything with an engine in it.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Natalie gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Natalie

SBR Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As there is no incentive to run away by a big margin to win a race in F1, I think the Under 10 seconds winning margin market is always worth some thought. (although there were a lot of 10+ sec margins last year which was unusual compared to the previous few years). With these new cars and fuel usage rate rules I'd say there will be even more dis incentive for a driver to go any faster than required in the lead. So will be trying that again this year.

Driver to Score Points (top 10) usually offers a couple of decent shots around $3.00 or better. I'm thinking with the new cars and reliability issues (hopefully) there might be some really big priced shots to be had early. Like a Marussia for example...

A tip from another forum poster (MatI) that seems to work very well for him is to bet NO Safety Car in the appropriate races (most of them)

On betfair they have interesting Pole/Race WInner market that usually offers a chance to buy a couple early and trade out with an easy profit after qualifying. (well in theory... haven't been that successful with it but can always see what I should have done afterward lol)

I like betting who will top the first and third practice sessions too. Just because a pattern develops in the first one around which teams do their pre race work in what order (some do faster lap work first session, some in 2nd)... and third session is mostly all out speed for the big teams so more reliable to predict. (although maybe thats also because I like watching practice sessions anyway, and betting on it makes it a lot more interesting)

Was burnt a bunch of times last year betting Webber for a podium finish, with his string of 4ths.

Sometimes driver head to heads.

Too much probably. I'm not sharp. Just a race fan that loves betting on anything with an engine in it.
    Love the feedback Optional . . i should get you on my show ;-)

Vegas39

Yes you should

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Do it honey.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Do it honey.

byronbb

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    I loved to watch it.
    They fukked up big time with all the laughable rule changes and shit. Plus, there are no characters in it anymore - Neither to love, nor to hate. Räikkönen and Alonso are the last men left there. Even the engines are laughable now.
    They brought turbos back this year but dropped 2 cylinders. The hybrid system is here forever. I watched 24hrs of Lemans and that Audi diesel hybrid machine is insane.

CarnieNation
    CarnieNation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    They brought turbos back this year but dropped 2 cylinders. The hybrid system is here forever. I watched 24hrs of Lemans and that Audi diesel hybrid machine is insane.

I'm not a big car guy but I like the vid...lookin forward to following you guys this season