Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Carolina Players Think Short Week Led To Injuries Against Saints

Fullback Mike Tolbert kicked things off with the same thought many have been echoing for some time now, according to The Black and Blue Review.

“The league preaches player safety, but then you make us play a game three days after playing another game.”

Tolbert wasn’t alone in sharing that sentiment. Safety Kurt Coleman told BBR there is little he can do about it, but that he doesn’t feel right heading into Thursday night games.

“That’s the way the league is and I’m just going to pray for everybody. Not just our team, but their team. Whoever got hurt. I’m going to pray for them and hope that they heal quickly. … I don’t know what the statistics say. And some may say that it’s the exact some; same amount of people get hurt on a Sunday as they do on a Thursday. You don’t know. I know how I feel going into a Thursday. It’s not the same way I feel on a Sunday, but both teams have to show.”

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/201...hers-injuries/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I was talking to a friend about this the other day. They really need to have the teams participating in the Thursday games coming off their bye weeks. Either that, or just get rid of the Thursday night games which we know is not going to happen.