Panthers quarterback Cam Newton made it clear this week that he doesn't feel like he's being protected when he's on the field. According to Newton, officials are letting opposing players take free shots at him with no repercussions.

If there's one quarterback in the NFL who might agree with Newton's take that officials aren't doing enough to protect QBs, you'd think that guy would be Russell Wilson. From 2012 to 2015, the Seahawks quarterback took 349 hits, which was more than Newton took during that same span.

Despite all the hits he's taken, Wilson has no gripes with the way his games are being officiated. The Seahawks quarterback also added that if he didn't want to get hit, he'd be playing a different sport.

"I just try to play smart football," Wilson said, via ESPN.com. "I think I've said this before, but if I didn't want to play football, if I didn't want to get hit, I'd be playing tennis. That's just one of those things -- you know you're going to get hit, and you know you're going to take some tough hits every once in a while, and you have to hang in there. At the same time, it's a rough game, and you always want to make a smart decision and get down, get out of bounds."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ru...g-tennis/?xaFu