Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Mase of Base Super Rugby/NRL

Really need to follow through with one of these threads I seem to give them up quickly so hopefully this season!

Super rugby kicks off this weekend, expanded comp is going to be interesting there's going to a lot of cannon fodder for the good teams and there'll be some big spreads this season.

At the moment leaning the Chiefs down in Christchurch, the Crusaders got pumped by around 70 points in their last pre season game think the line will get better though the Crusaders are a public backed team. Cheetahs, Reds may be getting a few too many points and the Sharks should hammer the Kings 11.5 doesn't seem like enough.

Will post on Friday onwards final plays though.

Mase of Base

Blues/Highlanders O48.5 @ 1.90. Like the Highlanders but bit much steam for me. Think their backs create an open game.

Mase of Base

Think the Brumbies may edge the next one only because the Hurricanes have an untested midfield but again this should produce some points. Maybe not a whole bunch of tries but I think both teams picking up penalty goals will help, very good goal kickers.

O46.5 @ evens.

Mase of Base

Think Perth Glory are good for at least a point in the A League also at 2.30 (+0.5) gone 0.6U on that, teams gelling and getting Keough back has been huge he's quality at this level.

I'm 1.5U on the above play now, really like this one but probably over confident, think it'll be played at a pretty decent pace (the rugby).

Mase of Base

Lions team total O30.5 v Sunwolves.

Lions are potentially a team on the rise and will be looking to see of they can top last years solid result, this should be a walk over but 12.5 is a decent amount I'll side with them to score some points instead. Sunwolves have only been training for a few weeks don't see how they don't leak a few points.

Didn't know the Cheetahs was a Friday game and woke up to see it had kicked off, they covered but didn't have money on it unfortunately.

Mase of Base

Well that was brutal they should of scored 40 easily, getting held up over the line at the end was almost fitting. Sunwolves are way out of their league it's going to be embarrassing, can't scrum and they play in the best scrummaging conference...yikes. Not to mention their travel schedule going to be plenty of teams putting 50 on these guys, going to be interesting spread wise.

Anyway on to the next, got a small play on a forward to score first try @3.00 for 0.25U.

Gonna stick with the team totals here, Chiefs O22.5.

Mase of Base

+3.25U on the rugby, -0.6 soccer.

Reds got beat easily against the Tahs, Sharks thumped the Kings so would of split those two leans had neither though.

This is going to be an ugly season watching wise there's a huge gulf in class between the contenders and the rest. The Brumbies and Waratahs are going to cruise though the Aussie sides, the Kings and Sunwolves are going to get thumped every week neither have any business being in the comp they shouldn't of expanded, not enough players around at this level to make up teams. Crowd was good to see in Tokyo though, will anyone watch their 'home' games in Singapore I highly doubt though.

Few eye catching games next week Brumbies/Waratahs and two decent NZ games.

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Goodluck with the season mate much respect. i wonder how large the lines will get on the kings games?.

RobertPaulson
    RobertPaulson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27239

Good luck Mase, will try to chime in if I've got anything to offer.
    Leaning Broncos tonight but will lay off making any plays 1st week.

Mase of Base

Bit the same really, without Foran puts a bit much pressure on Norman who I'm not sold on for the Eels. Think that Eels pack rolls behind a fired up Pirtek Stadium crowd though! Was hoping for a high 30s total but again not sure at 40.5 for a first game. Broncos have been hammered the last few hours with public money I guess.

Was hoping for some +6.5 but that ain't happening!

Ohhh too tempted can get +5.5 at 1.86, that'll do me for 0.6U.

Mase of Base

Add -0.6 in the NRL, Broncs were really solid. Unders could be a play with them this season.

Don't like much tonight gonna watch the Breakers v Perth NBL final, playing the o163.5 to win a unit. Think the 3 ball might drop tonight and there will be a few fouls.

Odds are too heavily juiced to the favs in the rugby imo but I do think they both win. Tahs +8.5 I'm still contemplating they weren't flash against a very poor Reds side but they should make a game of this. Quite like both unders also but have a feeling the Blues games this season are going to have some points even against an incredibly boring Crusaders side.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 03-04-16 at 12:13 AM.

RobertPaulson

Bulldogs and the points seems like a no-brainer, I expect them to win without much fuss. Hasler (constant) revenge factor.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
    Bulldogs and the points seems like a no-brainer, I expect them to win without much fuss. Hasler (constant) revenge factor.
    Nice work mate. Didn't see it unfortunately before the game!

Mase of Base

Don't have much tonight, think I'll just tail Sando to be honest!

Surfing all day can't be bothered doing any capping. Kinda like Highlanders and the over, don't see why the Bulls and Sharks don't cover either.

Mase of Base

Back for some more A League, don't see the Phoenix/Adelaide game staying under 2.5 so 1U to win 0.65. Should be four at least in this.

Do a quick recap also otherwise I'll lose track:

Rugby +3.25
    Soccer -0.6
    BBall -1.0 (got that they'd shoot the 3 ball right but my god there were some bricks in that game unbelievable)
    NRL -0.6

Mase of Base

Rugby +3.25
    Soccer +0.05
    BBall -1.0
    NRL -0.6

Nice easy one in the A League last week, managed to get that half unit or so back in the NRL but didn't post the bloody thing which is frustrating. Lost my arse on everything else however! Ended up having a shocker!

Like the Doggies tonight, just the ML @1.60 though. 1.65U to win a scratch over one. Just reading that Dogs pack is scary let alone alone playing against them, without Segyaro (sp) running them ragged outta dummy half as he always does I don't see how the Panthers aren't going to play into the Dogs hands here. Panthers should turn some heads this season especially when back to full fitness but not off short rest this early against a pack the size of this, could be some points late might look at the HT live total.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 03-10-16 at 02:32 AM.

Mase of Base

Hmmmmm Arghhhhhh Hmmmmm. I missed the start, twas 12-0 when I flicked over. Since then it's been basically all Dogs, played basically as I thought it'd be but it isn't the Panthers got a couple early somehow. I was actually assuming I'd bet the under at around 42 but it's still in the high 30s?! 2.10 for over 38.5 seems very very gettable, don't want to lose anymore on this one. *Can that had a live bet that was going to play but missed the good price, stick with the dogs, you useless fukks!

Mase of Base

Dogs scraped in at the death last night.

Adelaide/Melb City A League O2.5, still $1.50 at the NZ TAB only going to go down from there. City are 20-2 O/U and on a 15 O streak, unbelievable really, Reds aren't shabby at 14-8 and have been playing much better recently, should be 4 at least again. Just 1U to win 0.5 as I don't like going any bigger on the a League.

Mase of Base

Should be some points in the rugby tonight (Blues/Canes) O48.5 to win 1. Think it'll be getting close to 60.

RobertPaulson

Rabbitohs -10.5....out atm, should be comfortable for the bunnies.

Mase of Base

Nice again^ Took the live in game spread, what a laugher that was! Souths are on a mission again this season.

Didn't like much in the weekend tended to bet live so not going to post those. Was meant to post and play Scotland/France over but did neither and of course it cruised!

Rugby +2.25
    NRL +0.05
    Soccer -0.95
    BBall -1.0

The upcoming super rugby weekend looks very poor again in terms of entertaining games (Kings +31.5 in Christchurch haha, and no way I would consider backing the Kings even with that huge number!). Prob have another week off that by the looks.

Mase of Base

Finding it almost impossible to be motivated by this garbarge (watching North GLD v Roosters) so last official play for the thread is NQL-18.5. Sydney aren't scoring more than a try here. Both sports have been incredibly boring imo and eben though it's early season the writing is on the wall.

I'll still post some plays but can't be bothered tracking anymore, just doing it for a bit of fun. Also going to throw my live bets in now.

Mase of Base

Cows score so -24.5 live now, Roosters should get blown outta Queensland here but who knows. 20 second half points seems way to easy, I'm a sucker so add that to the previous post.

Mase of Base

Somehow the rebels have been cut all the way to 1.50, not buying it Rebels ML.

Mase of Base

Can't believe people smashed the sunwolves tonight, really is beyond belief but I thank those that did. Never will you see money as free as that often.

Mase of Base

Games still got plenty to go above^ but it was all over before kick off.

Next up a team that somehow is atleast 10 points worse than the sunwolves, they're now 36.5 on the handicap. I laughed at 31.5 earlier and I still do, they aren't coming anywhere near 36.5 of the Crusaders even though the cantabs are boring as all hell. Should be something around fifty odd to ten I think. I only say ten as somehow Canterbury in these games manage to give up an intercept try.

Mase of Base

I've been critical of the oval ball leagues but we've got two shit shows in the early A League game. Both defenses are a disgrace but niether can score I'll have some of that U2.5 at really nice odds. Lets see if they can actually score (they should but it's worth a shot I think).

Mase of Base

Added Crusaders-16.5 HT. Let the burial commence!

Can't believe I'm laying all the points on the most boring side in the comp, and on top of that expecting CCM and Sydney to defend in the a league. Oh dear!

Mase of Base

Quite funny that the only real first half points that the kings scored were from an intercept as I half jokingly thought! Didn't matter the Cantabs covered.

I've said pleanty of times this team has no business being in the comp, but they're slightly better than I thought they'd be. Very good at scrum time, okay on d, completely appalling on attack which is to be expected.

Sydney had to go and score in added time first half, completes shit show of a team though I'm not giving up on it.

Mase of Base

-40.5 seems easy add that

Mase of Base

The ref had a blinder for the Kings. They got one legit try but hey what can you do.

Mase of Base

21.5 first half total for the Blues/Reds. Eeeeeeaaaaaaasssssyyyyyyyyy! gone a bit bigger on this one.

Mase of Base

Was easy, too easy keep an eye on the HT total or the Blues, i.e the Reds are scoring penetrate all.

Mase of Base

Prob crazy but to win a unit on the O171.5 Rich/Blues AFL game, more caught up in the hype of it starting I think. Seems a gettable total though, don't know the weather but was watching the womens surf comp down the coast and it seemed okayish.

Mase of Base

Asian qualifying for the soccer/football WC is hilariously bad tonight, my books barely offer anything but if you've got the chance multi up some O2.5 (or 3.5) and you'll have some easy money for the weekend, but remember bet SIDE totals don't leave money on the table with those minnows to score. I'll have live options at least I assume.

Sides that are scoring 3+ AUS, JAP, CHINA, JOR, UZB (although Phillippines can park the bus okay), IRAN, OMAN, SYRIA.

Will try to write more as the night progresses but dogs that could put up a fight for me are Pallestine, Malaysia, Thailand, Chainese Taipei.

123 Last