PrinceD
    PrinceD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

California Chrome is free money

Even money. I don't see how he loses. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Also leaning heavy on Songbird & Carina Mia in their respective races.

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I have Chrome finishing 2nd or 3rd. Songbird off the board for me. I do like Carina Mia.

Good luck to you.

TheCaliforniaKid
    TheCaliforniaKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2745

I'm not sure what to do with Songbird. Been destroying short, 3 yr old fields all year. First time tackling better and older. Either she's a freak or doesn't hit the board. Certainly no value at her morning line price. Good luck to all. Basically this is one of 4 weekends during the year I watch and wager on the horses.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I feel like Arrogate has a legit chance I will be playing him and CC in all my horizontals... If I am having a good day I might go deeper with Effinex and Hoppertunity.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

PS I am singling Beholder no Songbird for me. If I go deeper it will be with Stellar Wind and Curalina.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Chrome is almost a mortal lock, but you'll have to be willing to accept 3/5 odds.......no way he'll go off even money. Arrogate is interesting but a horse with 5 lifetime races and only 1 graded race has to be very questionable. If a Chrome/Arrogate exacta is paying more than $8, that's probably the bet.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    Chrome is almost a mortal lock, but you'll have to be willing to accept 3/5 odds.......no way he'll go off even money. Arrogate is interesting but a horse with 5 lifetime races and only 1 graded race has to be very questionable. If a Chrome/Arrogate exacta is paying more than $8, that's probably the bet.
    the only horse chrome has beaten in the last 2 years of any legit contender is hoppertunity. and everyone knows he is a stiff. the fastest horse in the 160 years of saratoga history for that distance is the incredible, unbeatable arrogate. arrogate nails chrome easily here.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

With 4 horses able to win today, Chrome is likely 2nd.