docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Doc's Horse Racing Index for Saturday 8/27/16: Travers Stakes Day!!!!

First the Total's:

Over 44 Races through six days posted at SBR. Winning tickets in 24 (54.5%) of them.

Exacta $2,160 In $3,235.70 Out +$1075.70 Profit ROI = +49.8%

Trifecta $4,140 In $7,236.37 Out +$3,096.37 Profit ROI = +74.8%

Make no mistake there are ebbs and flows to horse racing. Whether its a track bias that isn't accounted for, or its just a day that the favorites seem to get us right at the wire on every race to cut into the profits. It's important to not wager more than 4% (3% if you can) of your bank on each race.

If you scroll to row 770 you'll see that my top 5 (Column "F") win at a 65% clip with place horse getting there 67% of the time. This hit rate is why I structure tickets the way I do. I have no fear of gamblers ruin, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Good record keeping over the years has helped me weather the losing streaks, and point out weak and strong points in my handicapping. As you can see I keep track of all my races, and it's all right there for all to see.

On to Saturday 8/27/2016:

I have nine races picked out. Including four graded stakes races at Saratoga. As The Travers looks has a sensational entry list of horses. I also have one race at Monmouth, Woodbine and Arlington, and then two at Del Mar.

NOTE: Don't bet too early as I will drop a race from the list if the right scratches are made, or if the track conditions change.

At the bottom of the sheet I have wagering bundles, and instruction tabs (3 tabs total). I've tried to come up with the best way to structure tickets for all budgets. I encourage everyone to read this as it explains how the Index works, and the bettor can get the best use out of it.

Play within your means.

URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1929474103

May The Winners Be Yours!!!!

Doc

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Alright Doctor MAKE OR BREAK DAY

docwatson

Some changes made to the Del Mar card. Took races 7 & 6 down, and put races 1-5 & 10 up. Looks like no more changes for the remainder of the day.

Doc

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    Alright Doctor MAKE OR BREAK DAY
    Good Luck BHC, and I hope you've not been zig-zagging today. After three races you should be up at minimum $1354.20 using the three bundles. Already locked up a profit for the day. Anyway I guess the main thing is having fun watching the races, and of course winning a few bucks.

Love when I hit two trifecta bets in one race, and that's happened in back-to-backs in both of those graded stakes races at Saratoga.

Doc
    Points Awarded:

BetweenHerCheeks gave docwatson 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

Doing every one today up about 1100 on the day NOT counting one pending race bet so about same...nice job...lets kill del mar

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

Only risking $10 on WIN bets when I can get two of the a-b-c-d horses with good odds...being conservative on this to avoid leakage...doing exotics exactly as I read your sheet thanks

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

I am on 7/14 exacta race 11 Saratoga

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

The doctor is operating today yessir

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

DOC- fantastic job today!!!!!

Please know that I really appreciate your tremendous capping and will be following you going forward

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Doc nice work

I have not been betting

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

Doc this is just really spectacular work! Keep it up. I will be following your google sheet and threads like a mad man....what a great day....slow and steady...keep it going baby.

Can't believe 10,000 morons wanna see if Linda Cohn got boob job - i was one of them btw - but only 100 views on your awesome thread!

Better for us, the more players on board, the lower the payouts. Guess some people hate money.

THANKS MAN!
    Last edited by BetweenHerCheeks; 08-27-16 at 11:37 PM.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

Threw up 50 betpoints for ya as a very small token of my thanks.

docwatson

I appreciate it folks, and I hope it turns a few into race fans. Here's the final recap for Travers Day.

We hit all but one of the graded stakes races at Saratoga including the solid paying Travers. In those three winners the best thing was cashing two trifecta tickets in all three races. Cashed a chalker at Arlington, and made a little profit in the race at Monmouth. Then we swept all three races at Del Mar including two with crooked numbers. Yeah, pretty much on point with the handicapping today. In three of the ten races the A-E Ranks had the top four runners. Including the 10K $1 Super payoff for the Travers.

Cashed exacta and tri tickets in 8 of 10 races.

Exacta $480 IN & $852.70 Out for a profit of $372.70 with an ROI of +77.6%

Trifecta $960 IN & $2834.45 Out for a profit of $1874.45 with an ROI of +195.2%

Good Night!

Doc
    Points Awarded:

mncosoldier gave docwatson 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    Doc this is just really spectacular work! Keep it up. I will be following your google sheet and threads like a mad man....what a great day....slow and steady...keep it going baby.

Can't believe 10,000 morons wanna see if Linda Cohn got boob job - i was one of them btw - but only 100 views on your awesome thread!

Better for us, the more players on board, the lower the payouts. Guess some people hate money.

THANKS MAN!
    Oh cool, thanks for the Bet Points Brother! To be honest I had doubts about posting the Index from the get go, but I didn't know if enough people would actually impact the parimutuel pools.

However I'm trying to get over $10k that Topbet owes me via SBR for over 2 months now. So I thought why not try to contribute to the forum. Great timing I guess.

Doc

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Doc: Excellent results. Do you ever play tournaments like those found at Derby Wars/Horse tourneys? Horse Tourneys has exacta box games where you box 3 horses with no cap. You could probably make some good $$ playing those as well.

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Doc: Excellent results. Do you ever play tournaments like those found at Derby Wars/Horse tourneys? Horse Tourneys has exacta box games where you box 3 horses with no cap. You could probably make some good $$ playing those as well.
    No Sir, I've never ventured into that arena. I hope those tournament / fantasy type events would help bring more people back to the parimutuel pools. The more the merry, because the better the odds get better on these chaos races.

Thanks,

Doc

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Quote Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
    No Sir, I've never ventured into that arena. I hope those tournament / fantasy type events would help bring more people back to the parimutuel pools. The more the merry, because the better the odds get better on these chaos races.

Thanks,

Doc
    OK. You might want to check them out though. You seem like a real sharp player, and yesterday Derby Wars had a 100K game with top prize 40K. Some of the top players on these sites make 25K to 100K a year.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

DOCTOR WATSON, what's on tap for today brother?