Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    Well disappointing after Am. Pharoah lost and still wasn't able to cash.......but, but, but....no buts I guess.
    Next time
    Breeders Cup
    you will have your chance
    good luck to you

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    nice pull. this was one of the early signs for me to try and beat him this race.
    Thanx
    those jack offs never give anything away
    lol

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Just the scenario the commentators said wouldn't happen. American Pharaoh got pushed early by Frosted, tiring him out, and giving Keen Ice a perfect opportunity to blow by. Probably more people than we'd care to know about knew the horse was probably losing today.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw123 View Post
    Just the scenario the commentators said wouldn't happen. American Pharaoh got pushed early by Frosted, tiring him out, and giving Keen Ice a perfect opportunity to blow by. Probably more people than we'd care to know about knew the horse was probably losing today.
    What I don't understand is why Victor decided to duel with Frosted?? May be I am wrong but I thought that AP can sit just behind front runners and pound turning for home. I believe if he did that instead taking the lead, the result would be different.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    Next time
    Breeders Cup
    you will have your chance
    good luck to you

Watch, within two weeks they'll retire American Pharoah.....I'm already hearing rumblings to that fact. I'm guessing he will not run again.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Yeah, so much for Zayat's BS "I'm gonna do this for racing" crap

One small bump and he's out like a btch

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    What I don't understand is why Victor decided to duel with Frosted?? May be I am wrong but I thought that AP can sit just behind front runners and pound turning for home. I believe if he did that instead taking the lead, the result would be different.
    Hi Mr. G and T.

Wanted to help out with this one.
    You know how I talk about the right eye and being pinned once you are solo on the lead? I have spoken about it a lot.
    Well, had Frosted wanted to go on around the clubhouse turn or even JUST as they started down the backside, he probably would have let him . I am sure he would have. But, as a rider you reach a point of no return in 2 turn races when you have been on the lead early. That point of no return is about the 5/8' pole. ( that's 5/8's before the finish or roughly a third of the way down the backside.)
    That is exactly where Frosted went after AP. That was no accident. All trainers and jocks think alike when it comes to this in the USA. Not in Europe where the unwritten rule I am speaking to does not apply in the same fashion.
    So when Frosted started to want to put on the pressure it was a steady build of pressure from the 5/8's pole to the 3/8's pole. By the time they got to the 3/8's pole, those 2 were flying around the turn. It was incredible too me how fast they were going at that stage.
    But AP's rider had committed to the lead by then and that unwritten rule of keeping AP's right eye clean was in play. So that is why he did what he did. In my eyes, it was the correct move, and the only choice he had at the time. Had he sat, Frosted could have gotten 3/4's of a length on him and started leaning in on him going into the far turn. When the horses switched leads to their left leg, going into the far turn, AP would have had to check out of the spot and would have been 2 lengths minimum behind with 5/16's to go.
    So I think the jock did the only thing he could have done at the time and remember, it was a slow steady build to an all out duel . It didn't just go full on right away.
    Hope that helps explain the jocks mind set and thought process.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    Watch, within two weeks they'll retire American Pharoah.....I'm already hearing rumblings to that fact. I'm guessing he will not run again.
    rumblings? zayat himself said after the race he is leaning towards retiring AP.

First 12