DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

You also need the patience of a saint to do all of this work to make a few bucks

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Uncashed tickets (if he wins) will be worthless because there will be at least 100,000 of them.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Uncashed tickets (if he wins) will be worthless because there will be at least 100,000 of them.
    and barring a mishap he is going to win and by A LOT

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    Solid analysis if I understand it correctly.
    Points Awarded:

Rio DiNero gave reigle9 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

AP....not for me. I'll play the under card.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

They'll be backstopped by the true payout if he wins. In addition the population will be fixed and only declining.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

No mishap required; he's running his second in a row on short rest and he's facing fresh horses. On top of that, he may get ganged up on.

CWD
    Update your status

No mishap required; he's running his second in a row on short rest and he's facing fresh horses. On top of that, he may get ganged up on.
    field is down to 8 horses, and with only 2 races coming into TC he has plenty in the tank. preakness was a workout for him not a race
    Last edited by CWD; 06-02-15 at 01:48 PM.

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

not an AP fan at all but I see a possible wire 2 wire win, running in the 5 slot ,no real challengers and 50/50 chance of rain favors that horse even more

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Easily the worst triple crown field in history.
    The Derby was somewhat impressive but he has to beat an 8 horse field in the Preakness and belmont?
    how pathetic and of course the horses who had any chance of beating him didn't even opt to race.

Giants007

Totally agree, very bad field. IMO it will be a shame if this horse does win the triple crown, its a decent horse (not great) and didn't have any real competition. These small fields at Pimlico and now Belmont are a joke. Honestly im really rooting against this horse.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's sad is Bruce Jenner is getting more attention in this horse race

Fresh horses usually beat horses that have been running

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Giants007 View Post
    Totally agree, very bad field. IMO it will be a shame if this horse does win the triple crown, its a decent horse (not great) and didn't have any real competition. These small fields at Pimlico and now Belmont are a joke. Honestly im really rooting against this horse.
    derby was a tough field AP was 4 wide the entire race and still was able to put away 2 very talented horses in firing line and dortmund. preakness and belmont are always smaller fields whats your point? he came back and beat those same 2 horses in the preakness. not his fault they didnt like the mud.

to say he has had no real competition is just ignorant. he might well romp saturday and people are going to be complaining thats just sad.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

just ignorant.
    Name of the game on the internet.

Golf majors, big fights, TC...all the experts come out of the woodwork despite not having the first clue wtf they're talking about.

Giants007

lol just ignorant ? lol

sorry but the competition is/was poor

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    on ebay if AP wins and you are a seller known for selling for years uncashed horseracing and MINT derby, preakness or belmont tickets you will get about $5 - 7 for an uncashed $2 winning ticket from the Belmont, if you move early after he wins..if you are a nobody with a wrinkled ticket forget it the buyers will go with the proven type sellers on these items. too many fakes, too easy to cash working with a teller using just the numbers, too easy to have a small corner bent etc etc.
    you probably know more about it than me, but i think you would get more than $5-7... heck i was selling chicago obama papers for $20-30 the day after he won

there would be no point in selling a $2 ticket for $5, after fees and postage they would get less than cashing it in

Boner_18
    Update your status

I believe they'll also sell for more than $5-7. The population will be fixed and only decreasing. Sure you can scam cashed tix with cooperation of a tote clerk but i'd bet the majority individuals who cash are cashing LARGE totes, not a series of $2s or even individual $2s. Surely others are collecting large volumes and the market will be somewhat competitive. However, I just recently sold some Chrome Preakness totes for $9.99.. and he didn't even triple. Go figure. Selling @ 5.17 total will net you 1/1 odds if you ship with just a stamp in an envelope. If I offered you 1/1 on AP would you take it? 2/1?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

the problem is that there will be people very willing and good sellers, known for MINT uncashed LEGIT triple crown win tickets, with great feedback on shipping and delivering who have 500 of these and are willing to get them going and sold Netting $5-$7...

a total nobody seller attempting to get $12 on them is just not going to happen.

CWD
    Update your status

the problem is that there will be people very willing and good sellers, known for MINT uncashed LEGIT triple crown win tickets, with great feedback on shipping and delivering who have 500 of these and are willing to get them going and sold Netting $5-$7...

a total nobody seller attempting to get $12 on them is just not going to happen.
    so they are bootlegging win tickets now?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

something affordable and cheap for people to collect to remember a fond sports memory. no harm in that.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

this guy already sold 158 of them for $7 before the race so why would they go for $5-7 AFTER the race? you might be right with the supply/demand of people printing out 500 like you said, but all it takes is one article about those tickets being sold on ebay for 100,000 people to want them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Belmont...item25a683121f

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    this guy already sold 158 of them for $7 before the race so why would they go for $5-7 AFTER the race? you might be right with the supply/demand of people printing out 500 like you said, but all it takes is one article about those tickets being sold on ebay for 100,000 people to want them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Belmont...item25a683121f
    you know it is horse racing most people just dont care, you could lead sportscenter with a story on these tickets no way 100,000 people would order

its a decent gamble since its basically a win bet, if he wins you resell and what doesnt sell cash out after a few weeks. if he loses you lose big but if you live near the track its well worth the risk imo i would do it

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I kind of like this Irish horse out of the 1 hole..
    advantage on the rail if it can get through the first turn
    and also the outside there are some real tough horses there..
    see American Pharoah getting bumped and unable to gain enough
    in the far stretch of Belmont..
    liking the far inside and far outside 1-2 / 7-8 with the middle clustered.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-05-15 at 08:53 PM.

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Im getting "Will there be a "Triple Crown Winner" for -115.
    Last edited by Winning oasis; 06-06-15 at 09:06 AM.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Lol @ $5-7.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Great

First 12