BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Arkansas Derby

I have looked at this for a few days, and I really wanted to find some value looking outside of American Pharoah, but I just don't see how he loses here.

He threw a shoe, broke badly and still wired the field in the slop last time out. Here is is facing less competition, IMO and should absolutely handle these guys without breaking a sweat.

Here is the Brisnet Ultimate PP for the Arkansas

That being said, there are a couple of things that I will be paying attention to looking forward to the Derby.

AMERICAN PHARAOH - Can he rate off the pace...I would love to see him let Mr. Z and possibly the 3 Bridgets Big Lucy get out front and set a pace and try to come off the pace here. But just the same he could wire these guys again without much worry I don't think.

THE TRUTH OR ELSE
    - Adding blinkers and will be moving well of the pace, he has been working out well and could put in a nice late run a finish in 3rd or better will assure him a spot in Kentucky.

MR. Z - After his run in the Delta Jackpot back in November people loved this horse, I hate this horse in terms of winning at this distance, but I think he can be a hell of a miler or even 7f horse. That being said, he will get the lead here, they added blinkers and all he has to do is hold on to 4th to get enough points for Kentucky. And if he makes it to Kentucky he may have a say in the outcome of the Derby. The pace that he could bring to the Derby will change the outlook of that race, IMO.

BOLD CONQUEST - I have loved this horse for a while now, the Pedigree is amazing (+4 ) for this distance. but he just hasn't popped. I keep waiting and he keeps disappointing.

WIN THE SPACE - Watch out for this guy, only raced twice, finished third in both, but took a huge step up last time out and is bred for this distance. Has a huge turn of foot late and could surprise some people here and grab some points.

BGboothA

Here is our look at the Arkansas

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19084

I think I saw American Pharaoh smoking a cigar before the race..... wow, what a performance...

BGboothA

I am really looking forward to seeing this horse in the Derby, holy cow. What I was most impressed with was that the Jockey didn't seem to have to handle him much. I was worried once Bridget's went clear that AP was going to 'have' to go with her, and he didn't...he didn't seem to care. Many times you will see the jockey trying to hold a horse back and sit back if someone jumps out to a 22.7 quarter. But AP just ran his normal race.

Again he came home hand ridden, Not even under urging, hell he was standing up and just riding in the last furlong, we haven't even seen what this horse can do yet!

Un-freaking real.

I am so excited that Dortmund will be getting hit with all the California money, and we may be able to get a decent price on AP. This horse is crazy, ears pricked at the end hend he could have ran another lap

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A very good effort by the winner of the Arkansas Derby in winning the Kentucky Derby, wide all the way and fanned into the stretch, drawing away late, impressive.