mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Dubai World Cup Carnival 2015

Well I'm usually on top of this but I missed opening day Jan 8th for the first time since I've been on SBR. I guess it's indicative of my enthusiasm for winter racing. I just haven't been into it as much as years past for some reason. The carnival always gets my attention though so I'll post picks for the cards from here on out which take place every Thursday morning until the end of February when it transitions to Saturdays Feb 28th. Super Saturday March 7th Dubai World Cup Day March 28th

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Good deal. Derby Wars usually has some good contests(Some free) up for the Carnival as well. Think you scored in a couple last year.

mikemca
    Update Status

Yeah seems like they partnered up with DW last year.When they had contests there almost every week.Usually just World Cup Day until then.World Cup Day has been good to me on DW. Have won at least one of the tournaments 3 years in a row.

Looked at trakus for yesterdays races and looked pretty fair with a slight edge to stalkers but most races had horses charging from back of pack 11th/12th to get up for 2nd or 3rd.Just not winning yet.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

mike i understand that feeling ...me to of late......
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Well I'm usually on top of this but I missed opening day Jan 8th for the first time since I've been on SBR. I guess it's indicative of my enthusiasm for winter racing. I just haven't been into it as much as years past for some reason. The carnival always gets my attention though so I'll post picks for the cards from here on out which take place every Thursday morning until the end of February when it transitions to Saturdays Feb 28th. Super Saturday March 7th Dubai World Cup Day March 28th

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Much appreciated Mike!!

mikemca
    Update Status

Thursday 1/15/15 - starts at 8 or 9 am est

Meydan

Race 1
    Pretty unappealing start with a field full of very lightly raced 3 year olds. bin Suroor holds a strong hand with 2-Local Time 3-1 and 6-Good Place 4-1.Neither is the favorite so maybe there is something to trying to beat 4-Comedy Queen as fave.However her trainer C Appleby was close to unstoppable at the beginning of last year's meet before cooling off severely toward March.I'll throw in 1-Ad Idem 6-1 to try as she was tossed into a Group 2 in her 2nd start right off her maiden breaker.Could be the price play if just looking for a w/p horse .

2-Local Time 3-1
    6-Good Place 4-1
    1-Ad Idem 6-1

Race 2
    Not too thrilled here either where the favorite looks tougher. Only 2 horses have established themselves as good dirt horses and they are the 1st and 2nd choices 1-Storm Belt 5-2 and 5-Le Bernardin 9-2. Doug Watson , who trains the 1 has gotten off to a quick start in 2015.Le Bernardin hasn't lived up to expectations since coming over to Dubai from K McLaughlin last year.He could matter but would use him underneath .The rest of the field is a question mark trying dirt or slow . Would be very tempted by 6-Pinzolo 20-1 if I thought that ML would hold up but think we're looking at more along the lines of 6 to 10-1.8-Famous Kid 6-1 is the upside horse having never been on dirt and sired by Street Cry.The 7 making 1st race transferring from McLaughlin and 10 who just likes the air at Meydan could be used.

8-Famous Kid 6-1
    1-Storm Belt 5-2
    6-Pinzolo 20-1
    5-Le Bernardin 9-2 (Using 2nd/3rd or tossing)

Race 3
    Very tricky race pops up for first time.I'm on 5-Layl 8-1 making 1st dirt start on trainer change off long break.Could have progressed substantially taking 4 year old season off and like I stated in 1st race D Watson is getting all his horses to run right now.7-Knavery 3-1 is the buzz horse. Everything I read likes his chances and he is the fastest horse with a progression symbol on overseas Timeform.Take your pick for 3rd horse to throw in.For me it's between the 1 and 8 who both are returning from being Gelded.

5-Layl 8-1
    7-Knavery 3-1
    1-Asatir 4-1

Race 4
    On paper it's 2-Maftool 5-2 and a gap to everyone else.While he has never been on dirt , being by American sire Hard Spun increases the likelihood he will take to it.There are a lot of progressing possibilities after him if you want to try and beat him or add some punch to ex/tri/super.7-Padlock 10-1 , 9-Unorthodox 15-1 , and 10-Volatile 6-1 are the 3 who could jump way forward. While 1-Ajwad 9-2 first time change to de Kock could also see a big improvement.Price is the only thing unattractive.Could key 2 with other 4 under or go out on a limb and play the thought he won't transfer form to dirt and box 10,7,9,1.

2-Maftool 5-2
    10-Volatile 6-1
    7-Padlock 10-1
    9-Unorthodox 15-1
    1-Ajwad 9-2

Race 5
    This is the race you want to hit if you could pick just one. 9-Haafaguinea is the 3-1 fave and could win but no way anyone should be taking as the fave vs this field with one layoff line followed by another and another. Second and third choices on ML are also coming in off more than 3 months.I'm sure I set the table for a $8 exacta but I think balloons are more likely.Could try and get through Pick 3 with 8-El Estruendoso 12-1 and 6-Mr Pommeroy 5-1. Year in and year out de Kock is a killer with 2nd off break horses which is what the 8 is.Plus back numbers give a chance too. Star Empire would be a threat most days but probably needs a race.4-Elleval 10-1 would be a top pick if not for jock who has never won and only ridden 9 times. 7-Sennockian Star 4-1 could be prepping for bigger things but top notch connections.In the end this race looks very tough to get the winner let alone top 2 or 3.

8-El Estruendoso 12-1
    6-Mr Pommeroy 6-1
    7-Sennockian Star 4-1
    4-Elleval 10-1

Race 6
    Looks straightforward 8-Muarrab 5-2 , 9-Muaanid 8-1 , and 2-United Color 5-1 have dirt form and fast. Reynaldothewizard is a Dubai Carnival horse for course but that was synth.Hard to take at 9-2 .If there is a bomb imo it's 1-Russian Soul 15-1.Equal to Reynaldo on speed and same question regarding dirt form but 3x the price.

8-Muarrab 5-2
    9-Muaanid 8-1
    2-United Color 5-1
    1-Russian Soul 15-1

Race 7
    I take back race 5 as being best to hit.This race is almost guaranteed to produce huge payouts. I wouldn't put too much stock in the MLs as there is no way to make a ML for this race.I'll default to who is best on their best.

7-Horsted Keynes 20-1
    9-Belgian Bill 15-1
    3-Avon Pearl 15-1
    (AE)17-Edu Querido 20-1
    13-Slipper Orchid 12-1

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

thanks mike, always like your selections for this meet. heres hoping for the long shots!

Easy-Rider 66

Good write-ups. No DW for Meydan today. Hopefully they have some games up later in the meet.

mikemca
    Update Status

Yeah maybe it's too early in meet. When the cards start having a couple group races they might have a contest. They have always had one on World Cup Night so would be surprised if they didn't at least have that.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

not on twinspires ,,if ya want to watch onlineracingtv.com has it

mikemca
    Update Status

Fkin pissed it's not on Twinspires and can't bet it.Would of had a nice winner and exacta race 1 and could have finagled a nice ex in 4th if I constructed it right.

Easy-Rider 66

5 dimes has Meydan available for those who use offshore.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

Just got it mike how did you make out..picks

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

you can bet Dubai on onlineracingtv and TVG had free programs, sorry Im late on this info but it might help the next time, had a good day there 3/7 the biggy being the R4 #6 mubtaahij at 18/1,,,,wished I had bet milemca's 5 in the 3rd nice pic there

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    Just got it mike how did you make out..picks

I didn't make out because I couldn't bet..Would have been an OK day not great but was all around most of the races I would've lost.

Hopefully this isn't one of those disputes between Twinspires and Dubai Racing Club because Twinspires never caves and DRC could probably care less if they carry their signal.

mikemca
    Update Status

Looks like Twinspires got their heads out of their asses and are going to have Dubai available tomorrow. They were being stubborn with negotiations I assume for the cut on the signal.

Now I can finally handicap Meydan again !!!!

mikemca
    Update Status

2/19/15

Meydan

Race 2

A crazy 5f turf dash on the straight course to start the card.Not even going to try and hit an exacta here , just going to play my horse to W/P. Hototo , Medicean Man , and Lancelot Du Lac are the popular picks and likely favorites. Of the 3 I'd throw in Medicean Man first if I were trying multi horse bets. Hototo looks strong but draws the inside which is a disadvantage at Meydan on the straight course. My W/P horse is 9-Mashaaref 15-1 who tried a straight course for the first time last race and won with ease. Takes a step up in class and drops a furlong but imo likes the turf which he is lightly raced on and could love straight course turf sprints which is where all the upside is having just one promising run on it.Normally I'm a sucker for a 2nd off the layoff De Kock horse especially with Soumillion riding so hard to get away from 6-Banaadeer 15-1 but just seems like something is amiss after a promising first two races. Only 5 starts and De Kock threw him straight into G1s so could be special if he ever runs back to best.

9-Mashaaref 15-1

Race 3

The former Americans Romansh/Yard Line figure to get a lot of support now that Meydan is back to dirt. I was attached to Romansh in US and think he may be best horse in the race. My problem is I need to see him run one of his top races without lasix. As one of the favorites I'm going to pass but if he gets dismissed I could play him at 10 or 12-1. My horse is a bit scary because I have no idea who the trainer is. The think I really like is he has been in 10 group/graded stakes in his last 12 races. The 2 that weren't graded he won and finished 3rd by 3/4 of a length.Also 3rd off layoff.4-Capital Attraction 20-1 could surprise at a huge price and chances go up if Haatheq finds trouble.No doubt he is the main danger.The two I can't figure out are 13-Layl and 15-Filfil , both 10-1 and don't let the program # mislead you. They are drawn ideally in posts 1 and 4.They both are in peak form that would be competitive if they can repeat taking this big jump in class.

4-Capital Attraction 20-1

Race 4

Don't see much here.5-Hunter's Light 9-5 figures to be very tough to beat and I don't see any long shots even worth trying. If somehow he ends up getting beat 7-Umgiyo 4-1 is probably the one to do it.

5-Hunter's Light 9-5

Race 5

Again no surprises. IMO it's between 3-I'm Back 7-2 , 8-Farrier 10-1, 6-Toolain 10-1 , and for a bomb 1-Interpret 20-1. Has beaten Farrier a couple time and 3 for 6 getting 1st or 2nd at Meydan. Yeah track changed but by Distorted Humor is a move up not the opposite. De Sousa not automatic anymore since all his troubles last year but that ticker in your head doesn't just go away and he has one of the best. Just lost his 1st call status for Godolphin is what hurt him most.At 20-1 and probably higher you could do worse that stab at the 1.Otherwise can key box the 3 with 1,6,8 or just box all 4 if feeling lucky.

3-I'm Back 7-2
    8-Farrier 10-1
    6-Toolain 10-1
    1-Interpret 20-1

Race 6
    Shaping up to possibly be a very chalky card with 9-Cladocera 7-5 having just trounced most of this field.She should win easily.A scenario that could present itself due to the fact that every horse but 1 or 2 want to sit in the back and make one run is that 6-Oh Star 20-1 could open up on the field and never look back.Again it's the same trainer that I'm trying earlier who is either new or has very few horses in stable. If the 9 wasn't in here I would have a hard time deciding between 1-Slipper Orchid 15-1 and 2-Victoria Regina 12-1 going 3rd and 2nd off layoff could have been prepping in the Cape Verdi where Cladocera trounced them. Only way to make a nice chunk is to box all 4 or stab at the 6.

9-Cladocera 7-5
    1-Slipper Orchid 15-1
    2-Victoria Regina 12-1
    6-Oh Star 20-1

Race 7
    De Kock empties three from his stable to try and get this one. Hard to narrow it down to anything less than 6 or 7 horses in this huge field plus the odd 7f distance only adds to the uncertainty. I'm liking 16-Counterglow 20-1 who drew the rail , started his career with four 7f races before being sent routing ever since.Those four races were arguably the best we've seen him.11-Jallota 20-1 has been in some tough races . Last 2 races were 7f straight course races where he ran OK but might be best around a turn. Either will pick between one of the De Kocks(probably Soumillion but he is carrying 9 to 12 lbs more than any other horse) or try 10-Free Wheeling as Bin Suroor/Doyle are a good combo nowadays.Bin Suroor could have a good day.

16-Counterglow 20-1
    11-Jallota 20-1
    10-Free Wheeling 12-1

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Looks like Twinspires got their heads out of their asses and are going to have Dubai available tomorrow. They were being stubborn with negotiations I assume for the cut on the signal.

Now I can finally handicap Meydan again !!!!

JayTris07

Hey Mike, where did you get the PPs for Dubai? I usually use the free Bris on Twinspires but they don't have Dubai.

JayTris07

Never mind. Found them in the International racing.

mikemca
    Update Status

Struck out first day but hoping to get a good read on what's winning by the time Super Saturday and World Cup Night roll around in a few weeks.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by JayTris07 View Post
    Hey Mike, where did you get the PPs for Dubai? I usually use the free Bris on Twinspires but they don't have Dubai.
    I have a monthly subscription to TimeformUS and they have their version but I usually end up buying the original Timeform race card from the European site.

Anything besides those two and you are basically just handicapping off finish positions of previous races. They are the only two that have accurate performance figures.

JayTris07

I have a monthly subscription to TimeformUS and they have their version but I usually end up buying the original Timeform race card from the European site.

Anything besides those two and you are basically just handicapping off finish positions of previous races. They are the only two that have accurate performance figures.

Thanks Bud. Got the 9-6 Ex yesterday.

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Day coming up this Saturday along with graded stakes filled cards at Gulfstream and Fairgrounds that include the Florida Derby and Louisiana Derby along with 9 other graded stakes. Might be the best day of racing all year all races combined.

With the switch back to dirt many more US runners than last several years

These are just saddle numbers , posts are drawn Wednesday

$10 Million DUBAI WORLD CUP

1 Epiphaneia (Japan); Katsuhiko Sumii
    2 California Chrome (USA); Art Sherman
    3 Hokko Tarumae (Japan); Katsuichi Nishiura
    4 Ron The Greek (USA); Nicholas Bachalard
    5 Lea (USA); William Mott
    6 African Story (Great Britain); Saeed bin Suroor
    7 Prince Bishop (Ireland); Saeed bin Suroor
    8 Side Glance (Great Britain); Andrew Balding
    9 Candy Boy (USA); Doug Watson

$2 Million Dubai Golden Shaheen
    1 Lucky Nine (Ireland), Caspar Fownes
    2 Rich Tapestry (Ireland), Michael Chang
    3 Big Macher (USA), Richard Baltas
    4 Secret Circle (USA), Bob Baffert
    5 Salutos Amigos (USA), David Jacobson
    6 Muarrab (Great Britain), Musabah Al Muhairi
    7 Shaishee (USA), Musabah Al Muhairi
    8 Krypton Factor (Great Britain), Fawzi Nass
    9 Super Jockey (New Zealand), Tony Millard
    10 United Color (USA), Dhruba Selvaratnam
    11 Speed Hawk (USA), Robert Cowell
    12 Cool Cowboy (USA), Doug Watson
    El Padrino (New Zealand), Alwin Tan.

$6 Million Dubai Sheema Classic
    1 Main Sequence (USA), Graham Motion
    2 Designs On Rome (Ireland), John Moore
    3 Flintshire (Great Britain), Andre Fabre
    4 Harp Star (Japan), Hiroyoshi Matsuda
    5 Dolniya (France), Alain de Royer Dupre
    6 One And Only (Japan), Kojiro Hashiguchi
    7 Just The Judge (Ireland), Charles Hills
    8 Sky Hunter (Great Britain), Saeed bin Suroor
    9 Sheikhzayedroad (Great Britain), David Simcock
    10 True Story (Great Britain), Saeed bin Suroor

$2 Million UAE Derby
    1 Dear Domus (Japan), Yutaka Takahasi
    2 Tap That (Japan), Yasutoshi Ikee
    3 Golden Barows (USA), Noriyuki Hori
    4 Faithful Creek (Ireland), Brian Meehan
    5 My Johnny Be Good (USA), Eoin Harty
    6 Sir Fever (Uruguay), Charlie Appleby
    7 Mubtaahij (Ireland), Mike de Kock
    8 Maftool (USA), Saeed bin Suroor
    9 Al Najem Al Faiz (Saudi Arabia), Badr Reziac
    10 Motaa (Saudi Arabia), Badr Reziac

$6 Million Dubai Turf
    1 Euro Charline (Great Britain), Marco Botti
    2 Mshawish (USA), Todd Pletcher
    3 Solow (Great Britain), Freddy Head
    4 Cladocera (Great Britain), Alain de Royer Dupre
    5 The Grey Gatsby (Ireland), Kevin Ryan
    6 Hunter’s Light (Ireland), Saeed bin Suroor
    7 Trade Storm (Great Britain), David Simcock
    8 Farraaj (Ireland), Dhruba Selvaratnam
    9 Earnshaw (USA), Salim bin Ghadayer
    10 Umgiyo (Australia), Mike de Kock
    11 Limario (Great Britain), Doug Watson

$1 Million Dubai Gold Cup
    1 Brown Panther (Great Britain), Tom Dascombe
    2 Bathyrhon (Germany), Pia Brandt
    3 Dubday (Great Britain), Jassim Al Gazali
    4 Ahzeemah (Ireland), Saeed bin Suroor
    5 Meandre (France), Doug Watson
    6 Al Moonqith (USA), Mike de Kock
    7 Cooptado (Argentina), Doug Watson
    8 Rio Tigre (Ireland), Salim bin Ghadayer
    9 Star Empire (South Africa), Mike de Kock
    10 Brass Ring (Great Britain), Ismail Mohammed
    11 Havana Beat (Ireland), Andrew Balding
    12 Mushreq (Australia), Mike de Kock
    13 Marzocco (USA), John Gosden
    14 Al Saham (Great Britain), Saeed bin Suroor
    15 Dormello (Ireland), Dhruba Selvaratnam
    16 Vaasa (Ireland), Ahmad bin Harmash

$1 million Godolphin Mile
    1 Graphic (Ireland), William Haggas
    2 Sloane Avenue (USA), Jeremy Noseda
    3 Bradester (USA), Eddie Kenneally
    4 Tamarkuz (USA), Musabah Al Muhairi
    5 Pylon (South Africa), Mike de Kock
    6 Surfer (USA), Satish Seemar
    7 Frankyfourfingers (France), Salim bin Ghadayer
    8 Dark Emerald (Ireland), Brendan Powell
    9 Gold City (Ireland), Satish Seemar
    10 Prayer For Relief (USA), Dale Romans
    11 Layl (USA), Doug Watson
    12 Forjatt (Ireland), Dhruba Selvaratnam
    13 Nolohay (Ireland), Musabah Al Muhairi
    14 Footbridge (USA), Charlie Appleby
    15 Free Wheeling (Australia), Saeed bin Suroor

$1 Million Al Quoz Sprint
    1 Sole Power (Great Britain), Edward Lynam
    2 Amber Sky (Australia), Ricky Yiu
    3 Peniaphobia (Ireland), Tony Cruz
    4 Bundle Of Joy (Australia), David Hall
    5 Distintiv Passion (USA), Jeff Bonde
    6 Stepper Point (Great Britain), William Muir
    7 Via Africa (South Africa), Mike de Kock
    8 Farmah (USA), Francois Rohaut
    9 Sir Maximilian (Ireland), Ian Williams
    10 Ahtoug (Great Britain), Charlie Appleby
    11 Caspar Netscher (Great Britain), David Simcock
    12 Caspian Prince (Ireland), Tony Carrolll
    13 Lancelot De Lac (Italy), Dean Ivory
    14 Hototo (Great Britain), Fawzi Nass
    15 Green Mask (USA), Wesley Ward
    16 Mirza (Great Britain), Rae Guest

JayTris07

Can't wait. Will be a great day of horse racing.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Very excited here as well...going to be a great day.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

going to be a fun saturday thats for sure.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

OMG, just seeing this now. how many days have I missed? one things for sure: ill be here Saturday! Thanks for your picks MikeMca!

mikemca
    Update Status

You missed the whole carnival. It's just World Cup Night Saturday now. It wasn't like years past though because Twinspires was being stubborn about negotiating the Dubai signal so there was only like 3 or 4 cards available to bet. Saturday is one of a kind so just glad to have that.

mikemca
    Update Status

World Cup Night

Race 2
    Everyone is already handing the race to 1-Tamarkuz who is 2-1 ML in a 16 horse field.I'm not so sure especially now drawing the rail.I envision a rough trip or having to be used more than usual early to keep from getting shut off.Also find it ridiculous that Bradester is 4-1 while 3-Quadrivium and 8-Prayer For Relief are 20-1.All 3 have proven dirt form in a similar ballpark.Think 6-Frankyfourfingers and 16-Surfer are both enticing at 12-1.The main track has been heavily against deep closers all meet but that might say even more about 11-Haatheq 50-1 last run.I'm all over the place in this race but if the 1 has problems this race becomes a gold mine and maybe even if he doesn't have problems.

Race 3
    Situation almost the same as race prior where there is a clear best horse , 14-Brown Panther 4-1 , but drew a post where he will have to be much better than his opponents. 15-Azeemah 12-1 is right there with Brown Panther but drew even worse furthest outside. In a 8 horse field these two would be top 2 choices easily but seemingly destined for a wide trip in this bulky field it brings everyone into play. 8-Bathyrhon 6-1 is going to be a popular alternative. I want a big price and 2-Brass Ring 20-1 drew well. He is lightly raced for a 5 yr old which leaves room for even better while already having races that would put him in the mix. Got the prep run out of the way and now 2nd off layoff. 11-Meandre 15-1 is a bipolar horse. He either runs races capable of winning this or doesn't run a step. May just put my eggs in the 2s basket .

Race 4
    9-Maftool 9-2 is my best bet. Is 4th on the ML and I think the most likely winner. Handled the favorite in this race the last time out at a mile. Should only get better 3rd off layoff and extra furlong + 1/2. The Japanese runners are the scary horses because no way of knowing how their form will translate from Tokyo to Dubai. Could be talked into including 6-Tap That with Joao Moreira riding.In my opinion of best jocks in the world it's J Castellano in the US , Cristophe Soumillion in France , Ryan Moore in Europe , and Joao Moreira in the Far East. Any of these jocks can improve a horse substantially , especially their first time taking over from another jock , and make an average horse a winner.

Race 5
    The 5f straight course turf dash is always one of the hardest races to nail down. This year no different with 16 runners and most of the speed bunched together on the far side. Which could lead to a fast pace.2-Bundle Of Joy 8-1 is 11 for 12 in the money at this distance and was neck and neck with the favorite a couple times.Winning once plus has the previously mentioned J Moreira in the saddle who won both sprints on the card last year.9-Stepper Point 20-1

Race 6
    Word is 4-Rich Tapestry 6-1 didn't ship well according to his trainer, it's up to me/you if you believe it. This horse was good to me a couple times in the past so it's hard for me to dismiss him but it may be the right thing to do. This is a race the USA will probably dominate year after year with dirt sprinters being our specialty. It's all trusting that they shipped OK. We have Secret Circle , Cool Cowboy , Big Macher , and Salutos Amigos . 10-Shaishee 12-1 won the prep for this on Super Saturday and would be among the favorites if not for the US invasion and 14-Muarrab 20-1 has 7 wins and 2 places from 9 starts on dirt here at Meydan and over at Jebel Ali. Takes a big jump in class but hung ok with Reynaldothewizard who is a good horse 3 starts back .

Race 7
    On paper could turn out to be a match race between 6-The Grey Gatsby 5-2 and 10-Solow. Think this is the best ML so far with little to oppose 2 faves. 5-Limario 40-1 does have a race 2 back that could be competitive and 40-1 seems a bit much. Didn't run a step last time but if you erase that line this guy looks like a 6-1 horse so is a bargain if something just went amiss.

Race 8
    Think Main Sequence is a clear bet against at 9-5 with the long trip/lasix off/Maragh up to fck it up/very tough field. Main play would be 7-Designs On Rome 4-1 as the 3rd choice. Is the most consistent of the main quartet 4,5,7,9. A bomb to consider is 3-True Story 40-1 , is capable of hitting the board at giant price. 2-Dolniya 12-1 is the obvious price play which makes me think might end up underlaid.

Race 9
    It's like the race is already over and Chrome / Lea battled for the win with no one else having a chance if you go by media reports. If you go by Timeform figures an easy case could be made to toss both of them. 1-Prince Bishop 15-1 , 2-Hokko Tarumae 8-1 , and 3-African Story 6-1 are the three to like. Not sure what to believe yet but trying to find opportunity in exploiting the 99% coverage of Lea and Chrome.

Will post picks eventually

TonyP
    Update your status

Mike where can you get the pp;s?

TonyP
    Update your status

hers some pp's from amwest.
    Attached Images

mikemca
    Update Status

Disappointed with the last few races.

Meydan

Race 2

Going to play against favorite Tamarkuz as very short price favorite taking on toughest field he has ever seen.

8-Prayer For Relief 20-1
    6-Frankyfourfingers 12-1
    12-Pylon 30-1
    16-Surfer 12-1

Race 3
    Just taking 4 best horses imo .

11-Meandre 15-1
    14-Brown Panther 4-1
    15-Ahzeemah 12-1
    2-Brass Ring 20-1

Race 4

Mainly just against 2nd choice Sir Fever.

9-Maftool 9-2
    7-Golden Barows 4-1
    1-Mubtaahij 5-2
    6-Tap That 20-1

Race 5

2-Bundle Of Joy 8-1
    9-Stepper Point 20-1 -
    Could be w/p price play
    16-Peniaphobia 9-2
    4-Via Africa 10-1

Race 6

Had a price play in 20-1 Muarrab but apparently scratched

13-Cool Cowboy 10-1
    7-Secret Circle 3-1
    6-Big Macher 8-1

Race 7
    10-Solow 3-1
    6-The Grey Gatsby 5-2
    2-Umgiyo 20-1
    5-Limario 40-1

Race 8
    7-Designs On Rome 4-1
    9-Harp Star 6-1
    4-Flintshire 7-2
    2-Dolniya 12-1

Race 9
    Wish there was a bigger field with more options. Just not sold on Prince Bishop/African Story so have to go with the obvious.

5-Lea 5-2
    2-Hokko Tarumae 8-1
    9-California Chrome 8-5
    6-Candy Boy 10-1
    - Would be my one stab if any. Always looks like this is the race he is finally going to explode for the past 5 or 6 races. Currently 16-1 so ML is off , will probably be in the 20-1 range.

TonyP
    Update your status

Mike where you at?

TonyP
    Update your status

Thanks Mike for letting me know on fb appreciate it.