cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Bayern a very fortunate Classic winner

Now I know they don't want to do the dq thing in big races but FFS, Shared Belief would hve to be Secrtariat to overcome that double knock at the start. At 10f I would say you have to overcome a little traffic and bumping to prove yourself the best but that was ridiculous. SB got pushed hard 2 paths inward by Bayern and while recovering he had to deal with ToNY cutting in front of him causing him to check out of his recovery. Any other horse finishes way back so respect to Shared B for studding it out like he did.
    The other star aligning for Bayern was that Moreno was nowhere to be found today. FFFFFFFFfffffkkk you Moreno!!!

the good thing in all of this... the drama was off the charts! Great finish and will that finish hold up with all of that chaos out of the gate....

cbiscuit

FK BAYERN! I just went back to watch replay for 4th time...whaat a gift ! How many times hve we regular players seen that horse dq-ed at start? Just too much body onto the favorite out of gate, come on now... pardon my bias, I know I woul dhave won money if they bring him down but I'm cooled off now and I know it's not just not my bioling blood overtaking me here.. someone weigh in please???!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

If it wasn't a Breeders Cup race, the horse gets DQ'd. The stewards always give more leeway in big races, just the way it is. Doesn't make it right, but that's racing.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

This is the hard part about this sport getting real recognition. A complete lack of transparency and consistency. It's not the decision itself but the lack of information on it that makes it so hard to believe in.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7081

Had $50 on Toast, and have watched twenty replays of that start, unbelievable... Guess those with serious money on Shared Belief are the ones that truly should be pissed...
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Gonad 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    If it wasn't a Breeders Cup race, the horse gets DQ'd. The stewards always give more leeway in big races, just the way it is. Doesn't make it right, but that's racing.

Amen brother, book closed

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The official chart is worth reading.

Footnotes
    BAYERN broke inward bumping SHARED BELIEF and also forcing that rival into MORENO...

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...10114USA12.pdf

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure but wouldn't moving bayern down and sb and cc up cost the house a ton of $

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Not sure but wouldn't moving bayern down and sb and cc up cost the house a ton of $
    No. The house takes the cut before the payoffs. The house cut is the same no matter who wins.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

The percentage the 'house' makes is completely unchanged based on who wins. Santa Anita made absolutely 0 more dollars either way. I still don't think it was the wrong call, but the problem is that we are completely shut out of the process of determining the call. There is no black and white rule book that allows us to point toward something that should have either been enforced or gone unenforced.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Its really unfortunate, because people are forgetting about Bayerns performance horses had a chance to catch him in stretch and couldnt.
    How many times do you see horses going inward when coming out of gate? quite often.

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best horse won.