cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

A Classic Stab - wing and a Prayer style

Taking a shot with the Classic
    We all know that Bayern will set out early on with Moreno right off his flank. Halfway down the backstretch I think it could get interesting. I can see potential for anxious riders or horses to send a bit too early. Cal Chrome, Shared Belief, and Cigar Street may lose patience and launch as a trio. (I think Cal and SB will keep tabs on each other throughout) If so I can see a sub 1:11 going into far turn. The benefactors of this would be Toast of New York, Tonalist and Prayer For Relief who will track those 3 around turn. We might see 5 in a cluster early down the stretch with one of those finally breaking away from pack and maybe that one will be ...Cigar Street!

THis colt has alot of upside, not sure if it's known how good he is yet after 8 races. So if he does carry on while the others get passed late, I can see him holding on to just beat out Toast of New York, Prayer for Relief and Tonalist. Iffy on Tonalist liking SA surface but I think Cigar Street will love it with that pedigree (StSense/DepMnstr dam). He stamped himself legit IMO after taking the Skip Away at Gulfstream last year.
    So primary bet is to use 2 Cigar St, 1 Prayer for Relief 9Toast of NY in ex and tri boxes. Will use with Tonalist,Shared B, Majestic Harbor and Zivo in hopes of blowing it up.

Hedging with $.10 sups of SB and Cal Chr(maybe) over these. Don't think CC wins this thing but SB had the best race of the year in US so he gets my full respect... just sort of hoping it's not his day but will cover/use just in case.
    FWIW, don't really think Prayer wins this but I am damn near positive he ends up in super.
    Small win bet maybe on Zivo odds dep. If Bayern wins this I'm cooked, save for a nice show bet on P4R. Hey,that may pay $10+ which will be better than a CalChr win ticket!
    Last edited by cbiscuit; 10-28-14 at 11:06 PM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

I'm right with you; don't think Bayern will have things easy or that he'll like 10 furlongs and I don't like Chrome. I'm considering Cigar Street, Tonalist and Shared Belief for the tri.

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'm right with you; don't think Bayern will have things easy or that he'lllike 10 furlongs and I don't like Chrome. I'm considering Cigar Street, Tonalist and Shared Belief for the tri.
    He has done nothing that would make me feel otherwise even if he does get semi-easy lead. Only way he gets 10f is if he slows it down, which he can't, but if he does that Moreno takes lead and then he is done via that scenario. I can see Shared winning this easily but also can see him not putting it all together and finishing midpack. Towards Chrome, have to admit this race sets up really nicely for him...just hoping it is another Belmont type situation for him.

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

I think tonalist is the best horse in the field

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

Right now I have tonalistt, cigar street, and imperative

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Heppy10 View Post
    I think tonalist is the best horse in the field
    He might be the best win or lose but I'm anxious about his shipping west and liking SA track. If Imperative gets into tri - kaboom - regardless of other 2 with him. FWIW, I think you will get the ML of 5-1 or better on Tonalist, think SB and CC get hammered = 2-1 and 3-1 and wouldn't be shocked if Chrome actually goes off favored with all the love being showered on him. plus by all accounts he is looking great this week. Don't think CStreet will hold 12-1, he and CandyBoy will get played.