getthatheadup
    getthatheadup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Race 9 mountaineer

Hey folks

With all the attention focused on the spa and del mar I wanted to shift to rock bottom land. As much problem as some people have handicapping at this level I have had good success. Race 9 is for non winners of 2 and lets say a week bunch. (Trying to be kind to dumb animals.LOL) As one popular handicapper has stated in one of his books, at this level a horse who gets a clear uncontested lead is odds on to win. Small Town Emperor has been on the bench since dec.2012. His last run he broke his maiden winning wire to wire at six 1\2 panels. He has broke well in every start and usually carries his speed at least halfway into race.His works are nothing to brag about and trainer is below average. M\L is 8-1 and I would not play him at that price. However I think the layoff might cause his odds to rise.If he has anything in him I think he gets a clear lead. Looks like rain and a wet track would make things even better for him.IMO. I like the play at 12-1 or better. Shepard is trained by Schuh and IMO should be fav. M\L 4-1 and I expect him to go much lower. He has tactical speed and even ran well well of the pace on a wet track.Dont expect this but would play him down to 3. An exacta around 30 bucks would look good with these 2. Will be away till late this evening but all responses are welcomed. JBEX I see where you have posted selections for the Mountain...Your thoughts?

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Nice write up. I don't have the form and don't play that track much. But your analysis persuated me, gonna some $ on them. GL to us.