mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Saratoga Meet

Will try to post a few picks every day of the meet if not a write up for the whole card when I have time.Some Del Mar too starting with opening day.

The Spaaaaaaaaaaaah

mikemca
    Update Status

mikemca
    Update Status

mikemca
    Update Status

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Beautiful Pics Mike. Can't wait for the Spa.

mikemca
    Update Status

Yeah that's the way i feel too until it starts kicking my azz.

Gl

Seastriper
    Seastriper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Gl
    Hey Mike.

I am going to Saratoga for the first time August 14th (with the wife) Where is the best location to sit and view the races (and keep the wife happy (if possible lol))?

JayTris07

Gl
    So true.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

good luck mike im going to try and make opening day, if not i'll be there for sunday (hat day) which will be a zoo

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Seastriper View Post
    Hey Mike.

I am going to Saratoga for the first time August 14th (with the wife) Where is the best location to sit and view the races (and keep the wife happy (if possible lol))?
    I've never been up there yet as I haven't been able to convince my wife that it would be a good vacation.She only likes horse racing 4 times a year.

http://www.timesunion.com/living/art...496.php#page-1

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

nice pics thanks

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Before I die, I will make it out there. Can't wait, not a huge Del Mar guy, but I love playing the SPA.

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

The SPA is the best track in the USA I will be there opening day !

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

It will be interesting to see how the Del Mar turf course will play. Cant wait for Saratoga as well. Taking the class a cdl Thursday hope to pass early and stop by Remington for the simulcasting on way home lol

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Looking forward to your selections Mike.

matrix1022

Just so many hours !

mikemca
    Update Status

What will Fashion Alert be in the Schuylerville.I think 1-2 but the better question might be how many lengths does she win by?

o/u - 2 3/4 lengths

matrix1022

1to 5. And by whatever !

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

you been there matrix1022 ..your a lucky guy
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix1022 View Post
    1to 5. And by whatever !

harthebar

wow ...mike....you have never been there....i thought for sure you went.....ive never been there either...want to go.....i'm not into paying 300 a night to stay....but i hear you can stay about 20 mile away..for like 75 a night..also been looking on airbnb.com for some rooms..found some as low as 50 but i plan on going to the haskell what are the 4 times a year....triple crown races and B C day
    I've never been up there yet as I haven't been able to convince my wife that it would be a good vacation.She only likes horse racing 4 times a year.

http://www.timesunion.com/living/art...496.php#page-1

harthebar

matrix1022

Yes been there 4 times and and split the room with my friend

mikemca
    Update Status

Opening day!!

Was going to do a write up but soon realized I don't have a firm grasp on any race.Going to enjoy watching and just play small.More interested in diving into Saratoga.

Del Mar
    Race 1
    On paper second choice 2-Hawk's Eyes 3-1 looks like a big league .200 hitter getting sent down to single a so that he can bat .375 and get confidence.On paper he should no doubt win this race at least 3 times every 10.I guess it's hard to ignore the Dorf and his close to 40% first off the claim stat with Fit To Rule 5-2.I hate taking leaps of faith ,especially as a fave and want no parts of him.As an alternative 5-Old Man Lake 15-1 has 1 W and 1 P at Del Mar , Kitchingman good with just about all applicable angles, and speed figs are right in the ballpark.
    Race 2
    Similar to race 1 in that if 6-Citizenship 3-1 isn't duct taped together he wins.This may be even bigger of a drop that Hawk's Eyes but Baffert isn't dumb so there must be a reason he is here.3-Bird In Love 7-2 and 10-Nonna Reese 6-1 look like the obvious others.Not too informed on Cali racing but I think Pete Miller stacks his deck for Del Mar opening day/meet and he sends out 9-Full Of Spice 8-1.Can take a stance that the 6 isn't right and box 3,9,10 or if he is OK then 6/3,9,10.
    Looks like Citizenship is an early scratch.If another scratches will throw in 7-Splendid Outcast 20-1 at a huge price.
    Race 3
    Not a money making race with the 3 faves looking tough at 2-1 , 5-2 , and 3-1.
    Race 4
    A lot of ways to go in here including another couple P Miller horses(3rd race in a row with live look), another Baffert big dropper(but not fave this time 6-1), and a McPeek horse seemingly out of nowhere shows up.I'm starting to think I need to wait for the workout report.I'll go with the Baffert 5-Hold Everything 6-1 for now.
    Race 5
    7-Kokaltash 5-1
    5-Super Ability 6-1
    11-Little Jerry 12-1
    Race 6
    6-Zinvor 6-1
    Race 7
    4-Jackson Sundown 8-1
    Race 8
    5-Patriots Rule 8-1
    Race 9
    2-Sheer Talent 12-1
    6-Carlot Cowboy 4-1
    1-Next Speaker 20-1
    Race 10
    8-Affretando 6-1

Again, I feel like I could have went 10 different ways each race except the 3rd.Maybe if the track is slanted toward a certain style I will get a better idea for the future.

joeyp1222

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    wow ...mike....you have never been there....i thought for sure you went.....ive never been there either...want to go.....i'm not into paying 300 a night to stay....but i hear you can stay about 20 mile away..for like 75 a night..also been looking on airbnb.com for some rooms..found some as low as 50 but i plan on going to the haskell what are the 4 times a year....triple crown races and B C day

you can stay at the top hill motel which is about a mile and half away on route 9 less than $100 except travers week have pjs bbq next door and harness track is 2 miles away too check it out

mikemca
    Update Status

Should be an fun meet.Not sure if Frankie Dettori is here to stay but will be interesting to see how he does.Looks like he is riding for W Ward.Once a first call pilot for the world class/globetrotting Godolphin operation now trying the US.Hopefully Pletcher doesn't win 90% of the baby races,C Brown wins every turf route, and L Rice every turf sprint.

Saratoga
    Race 1
    5-Grandpa Len 8-1 - Goes 2nd from layoff turf to dirt returning to the track and distance of his only win.Which was also turf to dirt.Beside last race he has faced much better horses consistently.
    4-King Of Broadway 4-1 - Can see he and the 5 running 1-2 around the track in a race without much other pace.Going to assume speed is good until proven otherwise.
    6-Eastside Storm 15-1 - Makes first route try after wanting more distance in his first start for D Stewart.Could see a big improvement as a result.

Race 2
    3-By The Moon 8-1 - Going strictly by the workout reports for this race .Official time on last work may be wrong and was much faster.
    6-Vinolicious 5-2 - Don't need a wo report to know Ward is phenomenal with firsters and this one looks good in AM also.
    4-Lady Of Victory 6-1 - Mott like 0 fer a billion with 1sters in msw at spa but he is 0 for 0 this meet.

Race 3
    Single Fashion Alert , it's next to impossible to make a case for anyone else at their likely odds.

Race 4
    3-Mumtaazah 5-2 - Should be a handful if right.Finished 2nd to Onlyforyou in only start and that one is undefeated 4-4 with two grade 2 wins(G2 Forward Gal and G2 Davona Dale).
    7-Premura 5-1 - Looks like she has grown up quite a bit since last fall.Has been turning heads in morning workouts.
    6-M B And Tee 8-1 - An unknown firster may be the best chance/odds to upset the top 2.

Race 5
    8-Duke Of Perth 8-1 - Why not? Not many options if trying to beat Can'thelpbelieving and this one has no questions about distance.

Race 6
    2-Saluda 5-1 - The 3 outside drawn first time starters are probably going to take all the money while the two inside 2nd time starters have a big edge with a race under their belt.This one is the speediest and will play to take them wire to wire.
    1-Zo Zo 6-1 - Other 2nd timer ran horrible first start but I'm guessing something didn't go right.Was hammered at the windows and didn't run a step.I'm thinking they fixed the problem to run back so quickly.
    8-Graeme Crackers 5-1 - Violette good with babies and is the best price of the 3 .The 6 and 7 getting good marks for their training but just hoping they need a race.

Race 7
    2-Monument Hill 4-1 - Of the top 3 like this one best.Cozy draw should make for a nice trip and speed figs are right there with 9-5 fave.
    7-Days Ride 15-1 - Third from layoff but 1st off claim for Terranova who doesn't claim much.May just be a better 2 turn horse.
    5-Nubin Ridge 10-1 - Tries a mile for the first time after coming out of the same race as Days Ride.
    8-Joes Blazing Aaron 9-5 - Want to leave him out as he sometimes gets gassed late in the race but still on the fence.Have no doubt 9-5 is an underlay though.Of the 3 faves would try and beat Tiz Sardonic Joe 1st then this one 2nd.

Race 8
    4-Kiss Me Lola 5-1 - Think it's between her and Ballerina Belle.That one got the better of her last 2 starts but now 3rd off bench and cutting back a furlong could hang on at a better price.
    10-Ballerina Belle 3-1 - Is nose and nose with the 4 and price being only difference.
    8-Shanagarry 6-1 - Will be her and Zamquick arguing the pace and in that situation Castellano vs Leparoux I'll take Javi every time.

Race 9
    Don't know if it's wise to try and beat 1-Storming Inti 9-5 , 5-Tourist 8-5 , and maybe even 2-Cabo Cat 4-1.I guess the one I could make a case for is 7-Ring Weekend 10-1 who is somewhat of an unknown on turf other than running a very respectible 2nd to Divine Oath in only turf start and even though that fig was kind of slow I don't think any figur at 7 1/2 furlongs is reliable.6-J To The Croft 8-1 is the other one if just picking one of the top 3 and key boxing to the 2 prices.Still it will be a tough task to beat the top 2.

Race 10
    10-Maura's Pass 6-1 - C Clement/turf after a 1 dirt start
    9-Jet Majesty 3-1
    - Lays over this field on figs but comes off 237 day break.At the ml though it's an overlay if right.
    4-Shades Of Indygo 20-1 - Tries turf for first time after running a style on dirt that translates well to turf.If top 2 get hammered could just take a flyer w/p bet on this bomb.
    7-Read It And Weep 20-1 - Only ran 1 race so far which was a 6f turf sprint.A large majority of the time the biggest jump in a horses figures comes in start #2.

matrix1022

Yes joey ! I stay there ! Awesome ! Place !

matrix1022

I had great time !

joeyp1222

Yes joey ! I stay there ! Awesome ! Place !
    im playing delmar on line and later tonight, im heading out to saratoga for the weekend about 2 hours away staying at nephews and hes having a birthday party there tomorrow with 3 tables reserved i like to listen to andy give his picks so i can cross them horses out lol hope you have fun maybe we can hook up for a beer

JayTris07

Mike, Delmar Race 1 and 2. Very nice.

harthebar

how much for the room and how far from track
    Yes been there 4 times and and split the room with my friend

harthebar

thanks mike
    Should be an fun meet.Not sure if Frankie Dettori is here to stay but will be interesting to see how he does.Looks like he is riding for W Ward.Once a first call pilot for the world class/globetrotting Godolphin operation now trying the US.Hopefully Pletcher doesn't win 90% of the baby races,C Brown wins every turf route, and L Rice every turf sprint.

Saratoga
    Race 1
    5-Grandpa Len 8-1 - Goes 2nd from layoff turf to dirt returning to the track and distance of his only win.Which was also turf to dirt.Beside last race he has faced much better horses consistently.
    4-King Of Broadway 4-1 - Can see he and the 5 running 1-2 around the track in a race without much other pace.Going to assume speed is good until proven otherwise.
    6-Eastside Storm 15-1 - Makes first route try after wanting more distance in his first start for D Stewart.Could see a big improvement as a result.

Race 2
    3-By The Moon 8-1 - Going strictly by the workout reports for this race .Official time on last work may be wrong and was much faster.
    6-Vinolicious 5-2 - Don't need a wo report to know Ward is phenomenal with firsters and this one looks good in AM also.
    4-Lady Of Victory 6-1 - Mott like 0 fer a billion with 1sters in msw at spa but he is 0 for 0 this meet.

Race 3
    Single Fashion Alert , it's next to impossible to make a case for anyone else at their likely odds.

Race 4
    3-Mumtaazah 5-2 - Should be a handful if right.Finished 2nd to Onlyforyou in only start and that one is undefeated 4-4 with two grade 2 wins(G2 Forward Gal and G2 Davona Dale).
    7-Premura 5-1 - Looks like she has grown up quite a bit since last fall.Has been turning heads in morning workouts.
    6-M B And Tee 8-1 - An unknown firster may be the best chance/odds to upset the top 2.

Race 5
    8-Duke Of Perth 8-1 - Why not? Not many options if trying to beat Can'thelpbelieving and this one has no questions about distance.

Race 6
    2-Saluda 5-1 - The 3 outside drawn first time starters are probably going to take all the money while the two inside 2nd time starters have a big edge with a race under their belt.This one is the speediest and will play to take them wire to wire.
    1-Zo Zo 6-1 - Other 2nd timer ran horrible first start but I'm guessing something didn't go right.Was hammered at the windows and didn't run a step.I'm thinking they fixed the problem to run back so quickly.
    8-Graeme Crackers 5-1 - Violette good with babies and is the best price of the 3 .The 6 and 7 getting good marks for their training but just hoping they need a race.

Race 7
    2-Monument Hill 4-1 - Of the top 3 like this one best.Cozy draw should make for a nice trip and speed figs are right there with 9-5 fave.
    7-Days Ride 15-1 - Third from layoff but 1st off claim for Terranova who doesn't claim much.May just be a better 2 turn horse.
    5-Nubin Ridge 10-1 - Tries a mile for the first time after coming out of the same race as Days Ride.
    8-Joes Blazing Aaron 9-5 - Want to leave him out as he sometimes gets gassed late in the race but still on the fence.Have no doubt 9-5 is an underlay though.Of the 3 faves would try and beat Tiz Sardonic Joe 1st then this one 2nd.

Race 8
    4-Kiss Me Lola 5-1 - Think it's between her and Ballerina Belle.That one got the better of her last 2 starts but now 3rd off bench and cutting back a furlong could hang on at a better price.
    10-Ballerina Belle 3-1 - Is nose and nose with the 4 and price being only difference.
    8-Shanagarry 6-1 - Will be her and Zamquick arguing the pace and in that situation Castellano vs Leparoux I'll take Javi every time.

Race 9
    Don't know if it's wise to try and beat 1-Storming Inti 9-5 , 5-Tourist 8-5 , and maybe even 2-Cabo Cat 4-1.I guess the one I could make a case for is 7-Ring Weekend 10-1 who is somewhat of an unknown on turf other than running a very respectible 2nd to Divine Oath in only turf start and even though that fig was kind of slow I don't think any figur at 7 1/2 furlongs is reliable.6-J To The Croft 8-1 is the other one if just picking one of the top 3 and key boxing to the 2 prices.Still it will be a tough task to beat the top 2.

Race 10
    10-Maura's Pass 6-1 - C Clement/turf after a 1 dirt start
    9-Jet Majesty 3-1
    - Lays over this field on figs but comes off 237 day break.At the ml though it's an overlay if right.
    4-Shades Of Indygo 20-1 - Tries turf for first time after running a style on dirt that translates well to turf.If top 2 get hammered could just take a flyer w/p bet on this bomb.
    7-Read It And Weep 20-1 - Only ran 1 race so far which was a 6f turf sprint.A large majority of the time the biggest jump in a horses figures comes in start #2.

harthebar

Del mar
    race 5 dens legacy
    race 8 sammy mandville

harthebar

Mike what is with that hand of cards...was it a winning hand...i see a cash value underneath..not to shappy

harthebar

Joey ..thanks...if i can get up there i will .....i wanting to go for years now...havent had a chance..do you go every year / is anyone going up there...this year
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    you can stay at the top hill motel which is about a mile and half away on route 9 less than $100 except travers week have pjs bbq next door and harness track is 2 miles away too check it out

harthebar

Follow up on the horses that are coming out of the winner of race 4 .at del mar today ....the june 1st race...they all seem to be doing well from that race.

1234 ... Last