mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

Drf race of the day discussion

OK, I think I will create this thread for all the super horseplayers out there to discuss the DRF race of the day. We have the experts doing the video on DRF site. I also would like to get the inputs from all of you super cappers.

Today we have the Gulfstream Park Race 10- The Holly Bull

ML favorite is @3-1 for 7-Cairo Prince, second choice is 1- Coup de Grace @ 4-1. Just by looking the lines, it seems to be pretty wide open. Each horse has a bit of unknown in them. What about the pace?? On first look, it doesn't seem to be a fast pace in this race. However, when look closer, I think there will be horses out there (long shots 3 and 10) that are going to push the pace faster than some of the horses want to go. Base on this scenario, I think a stalker or even a deep closer may have a chance to get it. With that in mind, I think the 7- Cairo Prince, 8- Wicked Strong are good stalkers to get first run. But I think the sleeper of the race will be 9-Conquest Titan @ 12-1, I think it's worth a shot. As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Going with Timeform's recommendation in the Holy BULL. They like Wicked strong and Intense Holiday to run well. They were both compromised by slow pace in the Remsen. Playing the longer shot Intense Holiday to win and covering with Mr. Speaker, Cairo prince, Wicked Strong, and your sleeper Conquest Titan. GL.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Going with Timeform's recommendation in the Holy BULL. They like Wicked strong and Intense Holiday to run well. They were both compromised by slow pace in the Remsen. Playing the longer shot Intense Holiday to win and covering with Mr. Speaker, Cairo prince, Wicked Strong, and your sleeper Conquest Titan. GL.
    Nice. Gonna play something similar. Good luck.

Easy-Rider 66

Almost. Finished Cairo/Conquest/Holiday.

mrginandtonic

Almost. Finished Cairo/Conquest/Holiday.
    Damn, I was too greedy, had one way exacta 9-7. Shoulda box it. 7-9 paid $69!! Damn, now I only have $2 tri. Oh well, next time.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Damn, I was too greedy, had one way exacta 9-7. Shoulda box it. 7-9 paid $69!! Damn, now I only have $2 tri. Oh well, next time.
    Yeah I learned that lesson too. Someone told me always cover the other way even if it's for less cash. Good call.

mrginandtonic

Yeah I learned that lesson too. Someone told me always cover the other way even if it's for less cash. Good call.
    I agree, it's a lesson that I always seem to forget when I see too many $$$$.

mrginandtonic

Today we have Santa Anita Race 8- Clocker Corner as the Race of the Day.

As you can see, there are a lot of accomplished horses here that have won at this downhill turf. Obvious choices are: 2-Sweet Swap, 4-Boat Trip, 6- El Commodore, 9-Ready for More. They are all about 3 to 4-1 ML. Let's talk about each one.

2- Sweet Swap
    Hasn't race since May 2013. Although he has run well off the shelf, I think this is a tough spot to win after a long layoff. So my guess is he will not win, but may get in the 3rd or 4th.

4- Boat Trip
    I really like the chances on this one. He has won at this trip and I thnk he will have a good pace to run at. Also, he has some class for he has won a couple of stake races and came 2nd in a grade 2 (Eddie D). Potential win bet.

6- El Commodore
    Last couple of races have been solid, but he is not exactly a winning machine. He was 1 for 11 last year. I tend to believe his best races are over for stakes appearances.

9-Ready for More
    He won last out wire to wire down the hill. We should respect Mike Mitchell and Mike Smith. He is the ML favorite @ 3-1. Closer look though we see that his under class may be exposed here. He has been running mostly claiming races. Stakes appearances have been bad. Wire to wire is hard to do downhill. So, I'm gonna take my chance and eliminate him.

Sleepers of the race
    There are 3 horses here that have a lot of class (1- Handsome Mike, 3-Drill, and the import 5- Di Giorgio). I- Handsome Mike's recent races have not been impressive and not sure if turf downhill is cup of tea. 5-Di Giorgio, I don't know what to make of him. Ton of class but can he turf? He did race against Indy Point and lost. 3- Drill, I always thought this is a good horse and got burn many times. I think Baffert is thinking the same thing. Ran twice on turf, one downhill and one going one mile. Beyer stand point is solid on both tries compare to this group. So I'm going him one more chance before I give up on him.

7- Lakerville always run well and run well fresh. Trainer has good stats with long layoff. He probably won't win but can definitely in the exotics.

In conclusion, my picks are:
    3- Drill
    4- Boat Trip
    7- Lakerville

Win Place on 3,4
    Exacta 3-4/3-4-7
    Trifecta box 3-4-7
    Trifecta: 3-4/3-4-7/3-4-6-7
    Superfecta: 3-4/3-4-7/3-4-6-7/2-3-4-6-7

one back up bet:
    Exacta: 9/2-3
    Trifecta: 9/2-3/2-3-7
    (According to DRF: Mitchell is 6 for 8 in these situation. DRF Mike Beer also gonna try to beat him, he like the 2 and 7)
    As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Easy-Rider 66

Good write up. Playing a contest at SA today. Will take a closer look at your opinions. Yeah, Drill has not lived up to expectations. Maybe today will be his day to shine.

mrginandtonic

Good write up. Playing a contest at SA today. Will take a closer look at your opinions. Yeah, Drill has not lived up to expectations. Maybe today will be his day to shine.
    Tks Easy-Rider, who do you like??

Easy-Rider 66

Tks Easy-Rider, who do you like??
    Will post my pick later on about 10 minutes before post. Usually do not look at a race till about a 1/2 hour before post.

mrginandtonic

Will post my pick later on about 10 minutes before post. Usually do not look at a race till about a 1/2 hour before post.
    Cool, be waiting.

Easy-Rider 66

Going with the #2 Sweet Swap and the #7 Lakerville. Both are coming off layoffs, but seem to be training well. Tough race. Like you said an evenly matched field. The #2 and #7 are currently 6/1 11 minutes out

Easy-Rider 66

Finished 7/2.

mrginandtonic

Good call on 2/7. Good thing I added $20 win on 7, so it wasn't a total loss. Tks again for you input. I wish more people can give their opinion......

Till next time, GL to all!!

mrginandtonic

good call on 2/7. Good thing i added $20 win on 7, so it wasn't a total loss. Tks again for you input. I wish more people can give their opinion......

Till next time, gl to all!!
    add: i am done with drill, been drilled by him too many times. At least my other sleeper pick 7- lakerville won and paid: $19.60.

Easy-Rider 66

Good call on 2/7. Good thing I added $20 win on 7, so it wasn't a total loss. Tks again for you input. I wish more people can give their opinion......

Yeah if you can keep the thread going. Good score on Lakerville.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I wish more people can give their opinion......

Keep it going. I for one just now saw the thread.

I don't consider myself a great handicapper, but will throw in my 2 cents when the race is one I have on my card for the day

$4nothing
    $4nothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1487

r8 #7 only miss Pick 6 Sunday...5 of 6=487.

had #2, lost by length. Oh well my woes.

BOL

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Keep it going. I for one just now saw the thread.

I don't consider myself a great handicapper, but will throw in my 2 cents when the race is one I have on my card for the day
    I definitely will try to keep it going. But anyone wants put their opinions in will be a great asset to all of us.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by $4nothing View Post

BOL
    Quote Originally Posted by $4nothing View Post

BOL
    wow, that is awesome. Will you be posting your picks?? Anyone who can get 5 out 6 is an awesome capper in my eyes!!

mrginandtonic

Jan 29- DRF Race of the Day- Gulfstream Park Race 8- 1 Mile dirt MSW.

4- Got Lucky is the ML favorite @ 9-5. Rightfully so, she ran two good race and almost won the last one, G2 at 1 mile 1/8. Been off a couple of months. The 3rd place finisher came back and won next out. Work has been steady and looks like all system go.

Can't really see any other that will take the win from her. There are 3 first timers, but don't see them first out at a mile.

So, I think the way to make money on this race is probably trying find an exacta or tirfecta wager. There are two horses that interest me.

9- Senior Prom. Her debut was on a slop, and comments were: circled 5w, gaining. Then she was off a couple of months. She ran 1 mile on the turf last out which was about 3 weeks ago. So, today will be her 2nd off layoff. Trainer Romans has good numbers on a couple of key stats that I like: 2off @ 19%, Turf/Dirt @ 30%. I think if she takes another step forward, she will definitely give the favorite a run for the money.

The other one that interested me was 7- Starship Marquis. She was claimed by trainer Jorge Navarro who has incredible numbers on 1st claim, lay offs, sprint to route, etc. Just amazing. I don't much about this trainer, but those figs sure jump out. So I am gonna use her in the bottom of the exotics.

May also add the 2- Lollorigida into the bottom of the exotics just because the trainer and jockey are pretty amazing to me.

In conclusion, I like:
    4- Got Lucky
    9- Senior Prom

7- Starship Marquis
    2- Lollobridgida
    As always, comments and suggestions ARE ALWAYS welcome.

Easy-Rider 66

Got Lucky now 1/9 10 minutes from post. Taking a shot with the #6 Lady Margarita. Sired by Medaglia d" Oro. Seems like she is training well. Now 29/1.

Easy-Rider 66

Got Lucky won by 5 lengths. Paid $2.80. Magarita finished last.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 01-29-14 at 03:15 PM.

mrginandtonic

Lol, yeah, Got Lucky won as expected, but don't know what happened to rest of horses that I thought would run well, maybe it is the slop.

Till tomorrow, GL everyone!

mrginandtonic

Race of the Day for 1/30 is another Maiden Race. This time is out of Santa Anita- Race 6 atone mile dirt.
    I don’t really have much of an opinion on this race. There are two first timers, 3 off of layoffs,and there are three horses from trainer Bod Baffert.
    ML favorites are: 7-Snuggley Bear @ 5-2, 1- Day of Fury @ 3-1, and 6- Magna Warrior @ 4-1. I think the obvious choices are these three
    3-Como Mi Padre and 8-Rident are firsters. I usually don’t like horse going a mile astheir maiden race. Gonna toss it.
    From the layoffs, the only one that might make any noise isprobably 4-Arkenstone, works look good, trainer stats look good and theapprentice has a pretty good ride this meet. So may be??
    Like I said, I don’t really have any opinion or strongsleeper picks on this race. Anyone herehas any ideas?? Would like to hear fromyou guys. GL.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

will start checking this thread out

mrginandtonic

Tks TonyP, would love to hear your coments.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

OP R9 #1 sea lucy's.. (5-1)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    OP R9 #1 sea lucy's.. (5-1)
    sorry mgt.. Meant to post in my thread.. Don't really like that SA race

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    sorry mgt.. Meant to post in my thread.. Don't really like that SA race
    No problem JBEX, feel free to drop by any time.

mrginandtonic

Race of the Day for 1/30 is another Maiden Race. This time is out of Santa Anita- Race 6 atone mile dirt.
    I don’t really have much of an opinion on this race. There are two first timers, 3 off of layoffs,and there are three horses from trainer Bod Baffert.
    ML favorites are: 7-Snuggley Bear @ 5-2, 1- Day of Fury @ 3-1, and 6- Magna Warrior @ 4-1. I think the obvious choices are these three
    3-Como Mi Padre and 8-Rident are firsters. I usually don’t like horse going a mile astheir maiden race. Gonna toss it.
    From the layoffs, the only one that might make any noise isprobably 4-Arkenstone, works look good, trainer stats look good and theapprentice has a pretty good ride this meet. So may be??
    Like I said, I don’t really have any opinion or strongsleeper picks on this race. Anyone herehas any ideas?? Would like to hear fromyou guys. GL.
    I think I am gonna put a small wager on the 4-Arkenstone because he is also a horse to watch by Harthebar. GL to us Hart!!

Easy-Rider 66

Might go with Arkenstone as well. Between him and the #6 Magna Warrior. 25/1 and 15/1 18 minutes out.

mrginandtonic

Might go with Arkenstone as well. Between him and the #6 Magna Warrior. 25/1 and 15/1 18 minutes out.
    All the Baffert horses are getting action..... Hmmm....

Easy-Rider 66

All the Baffert horses are getting action..... Hmmm....
    Noticed that. But in a contest and trailing. Going to take a shot with Hart's #4. Still 25/1 8 minutes out. GL.

1234 ... Last