JayRow
    JayRow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4973

Introduction to be short: NHL is big money. I am going to lead the way for anyone who wants to follow to gain big money. I am going to attempt to gather a cult-like following and dominate the world. But first, let's get rich together on my hockey picks.

I will only bet 1-2 units per game and returns will be tracked accordingly. No chasing or volatility here, just consistent growth.

I'll post all the picks at once... no having to check back consistently or miss plays, of course, for the people's benefit.

Last year's results:
    Total W Total L Total Units Win %
    NHL 172 121 50.18 58.70%
    Last edited by JayRow; 11-08-16 at 05:46 PM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

These threads usually do not end well. But Good Luck regardless.

JayRow

11/8/16:

Here's today's action. I doubt anyone will, but they should start tailing immediately.
    Canucks +270 risk 2 to win 5.4
    Hurricanes +145 risk 1 to win 1.45
    Canucks/Rangers u5.5 -127 risk 2.54 to win 2
    Predators -160 risk 1 to win 1
    Stars +101 risk 2 to win 2.02
    Coyotes +140 risk 1 to win 1.4

Last edited by JayRow; 11-08-16 at 05:47 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm tailing!!!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Canucks are cold as ice and NYR is red hot. What in the world gives you an idea Vancouver, in a back to back road game, will win. Not trying to pick apart your selections, damn that seems like a waste of two perfectly good units.

JayRow

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Canucks are cold as ice and NYR is red hot. What in the world gives you an idea Vancouver, in a back to back road game, will win. Not trying to pick apart your selections, damn that seems like a waste of two perfectly good units.
    Crackerjack, this is obviously a game I feel there is value in the moneyline. Even if it has a 35% chance of hitting, the odds make it a wortwhile bet. Last March 24th, I hit the Devils over the Penguins at +250 for 2 units. My friends following me thought I was crazy as well. If you follow this thread you will learn that I might play a game for 2 units a few times a week.
    If it hits, we look at a monster day hopefully. If it doesn't, I have some other picks on the board that I like and hopefully can turn a profit. Or we have a negative day, it happens. By no means am i saying the Canucks are a lock.

I welcome the conversation, but can't teach the world how I do my hockey picks. But some of the points are..

-NYR is red hot. At some point, hopefully tonight, they come back down to earth, giving a hungry Canucks team a competitive chance at a win. Are they going to continue to score 4.23 GPG? Are the Canucks going to finish the season at 1.6 GPG? I'm a believe in some sort of normalization starting at this point of the season. distributions.
    -Yes, Vancouver is on a back to back. But at least they didn't travel anywhere as last night they played NYI. The Rangers, meanwhile are at a tough part of their own schedule.

Let's see what happens. I know I'm excited to watch.
    Last edited by JayRow; 11-08-16 at 05:28 PM.
    Points Awarded:

crackerjack gave JayRow 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JayRow

Just bet out of the kings.

crackerjack

THanks for the response. I'm following this thread...curious to see how you do. Midway through the second and Canucks are hanging tough...

JayRow

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    THanks for the response. I'm following this thread...curious to see how you do. Midway through the second and Canucks are hanging tough...
    i appreciate the early support! The under is toast (looked so good!) but hopefully VAN can hold on!

crackerjack

Holy crap jay...Vancouver is going to pull it off. What an amazing pick...congrats.

crackerjack

I know it's just one pick but I'm seriously impressed.

JayRow

Thanks! I hit a few of these last year like I mentioned! I hope you got a piece.... Like I said... I know these threads come up all the time and frankly have one engaged follower is more than I expected at this point. But I am extremely confident in my hockey handicapping.

shame we just lost a shootout on another dog. Tonight's shaping up not to be a monster night which I was very excited for when VAN was up 2-1 in the 3rd. But nonetheless hopefully a profit and on to the next day.

Glad to have you along sir.

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

I am one of the many who knew the Rangers would win tonight. Although I am not tailing you as of yet, you have my attention.

JayRow

Record:
    3-3, +2.26 units

Today's Picks:
    Senators +129 1 to win 1.29
    Blues -129 1.29 to win 1

I'm on vacation for the next few days so going to be keeping in brief. I love and welcome the dialogue and look forward to being more engaged starting Monday.

Let's kick some ass!

crackerjack

Break even night. Hope you post through the weekend. I should post my hockey picks as I'm red hot but as soon as I do, I'll start losing. Been tracking via a spreadsheet and wrote a few macros that have been spitting out winners but need more time to see if it's a fluke.

JayRow

Stars +120 1 to win 1.2
    Wild/Penguins under 5.5 1.4 to win 1

JayRow

Flyers
    Capitals
    1u each

JayRow

Canadiens/Red Wings under 5 115
    Maple Leafs/Penguins under 5.5 110
    Blue Jackets/Blues under 5 110
    Blues -124
    Ducks 116
    Flames 116
    Rangers/Flames under 5.5 -108

All 1u

crackerjack

Quote Originally Posted by JayRow View Post
    Canadiens/Red Wings under 5 115
    Maple Leafs/Penguins under 5.5 110
    Blue Jackets/Blues under 5 110
    Blues -124
    Ducks 116
    Flames 116
    Rangers/Flames under 5.5 -108

All 1u
    Not a great day...hopefully today will be better.

JayRow

Terrible day but they happen. Just landed back home from my vacation. Looks like I should have taken my vacation and not bet but I don't like to do that.

Today my plays are:
    Kings +104
    Oilers -110

Both 1u. Between running the numbers and getting my money down keeping up with thread has been over vacation. I will try to integrate it better into my habits in the coming days.

crackerjack

Terrible day but they happen. Just landed back home from my vacation. Looks like I should have taken my vacation and not bet but I don't like to do that.

Today my plays are:
    Kings +104
    Oilers -110

Both 1u. Between running the numbers and getting my money down keeping up with thread has been over vacation. I will try to integrate it better into my habits in the coming days.
    0-2. Hopefully you're better than this. I'm no longer as excited as I was when you came here and picked a +245 underdog. Since then your picks haven't exactly been "world famous."

JayRow

Crackerjack, you are correct. I have been cold. This is the beauty of mostly flat-betting... we can weather this storm nicely. There is still a LOT of hockey to be played and I am still confident to turn to profitability. Our overtime record has not been good. Empty netter rate has been too high. Bad breaks and just losing hockey. Plays and updated record coming shortly...

JayRow

Updated Record: 7-12; -3.12 units

Today's Picks:
    Capitals -137
    Lightning -107
    Flames +157
    Sharks/Hurricanes u5 +105
    Blackhawks/Jets u5.5 -120
    Rangers/Canucks u5.5 -120

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs risk 1 unit.

crackerjack

Crackerjack, you are correct. I have been cold. This is the beauty of mostly flat-betting... we can weather this storm nicely. There is still a LOT of hockey to be played and I am still confident to turn to profitability. Our overtime record has not been good. Empty netter rate has been too high. Bad breaks and just losing hockey. Plays and updated record coming shortly...
    Let's right the ship!

crackerjack

Updated Record: 7-12; -3.12 units

Today's Picks:
    Capitals -137
    Lightning -107
    Flames +157
    Sharks/Hurricanes u5 +105
    Blackhawks/Jets u5.5 -120
    Rangers/Canucks u5.5 -120

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs risk 1 unit.
    I disagree with a lot of these. Washington might win but that's too much to pay. I'm playing Columbus to score first and think they have a good chance to win. Bishop hasn't been great and TB played last night. I don't love Calgary either. I do think Jets game goes under. The other two I wouldn't touch. I'm guessing you're in for another 3-3 night...hopefully you'll hit the underdog bets.

crackerjack

Looks like 4-2 or 5-1...good job. You nailed the totals with one still pending but looking good. Finally got a OT game to go your way and hit a nice underdog in a tight game. Congrats.

JayRow

Crackerjack,

Not sure what you're talking about. The only OT game tonight was the capitals and that was a loser. I continue to struggle against getting the OT pucks to bounce my way.

Regardless, 4-2 and +2.02 units is a good night and a step in the right direction. It is unfortunate because we were close to 6-0 tonight and I smelled the blood.

A few comments.

First, I did nothing differently today that I have been doing. I will be sticking to my systems and tracking the results closely. Nothing to date in this season points to making adjustments. Once the goalies get their new equipment approved and delivered, I may re-evaluate my UNDER algorithms.

Second, thank you for your support. We are dealing with an uncertain environment here. I am attempting to handicap and predict future unknown events. I also am attempting to forge a relationship and trust of people like you on the forum. This can be a toxic situation where emotions can run high and "i told you so" can come into play. All I will say is I bet $500/game on my games and take this very seriously. I hope to be able to help some out along the way.

JayRow

No plays today.

Updated Record: 11-14, -1.1 units.

crackerjack

Crackerjack,

Not sure what you're talking about. The only OT game tonight was the capitals and that was a loser. I continue to struggle against getting the OT pucks to bounce my way.

Regardless, 4-2 and +2.02 units is a good night and a step in the right direction. It is unfortunate because we were close to 6-0 tonight and I smelled the blood.

A few comments.

First, I did nothing differently today that I have been doing. I will be sticking to my systems and tracking the results closely. Nothing to date in this season points to making adjustments. Once the goalies get their new equipment approved and delivered, I may re-evaluate my UNDER algorithms.

Second, thank you for your support. We are dealing with an uncertain environment here. I am attempting to handicap and predict future unknown events. I also am attempting to forge a relationship and trust of people like you on the forum. This can be a toxic situation where emotions can run high and "i told you so" can come into play. All I will say is I bet $500/game on my games and take this very seriously. I hope to be able to help some out along the way.
    Yeah I was thinking TB won in OT because it was tied really late... Good luck moving forward!

JayRow

Late play...

Capitals/Penguins under 5 +120 risk 1 unit

JayRow

Blimey. 0-1 yesterday.

Season: 11-15, -2.1 units.

Today's Picks:
    Flyers -145
    Bruins -110
    Oilers +120
    Panthers/Maple Leafs u5.5 -110
    Avalanche/Stars u5.5 -110

All risk/to win 1 unit.

Uninspiring season up to now, but hoping to break out on a hot streak sooner or later...

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Hey Jay just wanted to know ur angle or reason behind the col/dal u5.5 play? Cause I really like the over today but after seeing u picking under kinda worries me lol

JayRow

Blimey again 2-3, -1.2 units yesterday.

Season:13-18, -3.3 units.

Today's Plays:
    Red Wings +170 risk 1.5u
    Blackhawks -149 to win 1u
    Canadiens/Huricanes u5 +125 risk 1u
    Blackhawks/Flames u5 +130 risk 1u

JayRow

Quote Originally Posted by SlimZ View Post
    Hey Jay just wanted to know ur angle or reason behind the col/dal u5.5 play? Cause I really like the over today but after seeing u picking under kinda worries me lol
    I predicted the box score of this game. Low shot total and Dallas has been playing very clean hockey, limiting their opponents power play opportunities. Less power plays generally equals less goals!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Great thread.
    Take a look at the Rangers game to stay under tonight.
    Let me know what you think about that.
    Also tomorrow night my bet of the week in the NHL is the San Jose game to go over. San Jose is played in 13 unders this season. Yet their goaltending is not great and they seem as offensively charged as they were last year. Expecting that total to balance out tomorrow night.

1234 ... Last