lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Penguins/Isles series parlay

I really like both teams to advance here. Isles are +135. Pens are around +110.

The combo pays 4-1. If you don't like the pens and like the caps it still pays 3.25-1. I don't want to hear about betting individual games and all that shit.

The isles are winning for sure. The lightning got a bye in round 1 and we're struggling at times vs a garbage wings outfit. The isles disposed of a good young panthers team. Now they will get rid of a another Florida team.

I got $300 on this parlay . Pays $1185. Pens/isles to win the series.

I also put $500 on isles series +135.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Id love to see another Penguins and Islanders playoff series,probably couldn't live up to 93.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

A smart bettor would bet both at plus odds hoping to win one, a silly bettor will parlay and lose the bet

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    A smart bettor would bet both at plus odds hoping to win one, a silly bettor will parlay and lose the bet
    Yes that's true.

Smart bettor bets $100 on each. Pens win. Isles lose. Makes $10. Isles win pens lose. Makes$35.

Silly bettor bets parlay. One loses and loses $100. Both win and makes $395.

Then after all it is gambling and both could lose and smart guy will be out $200 while silly guy would be out $100.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Or a smart guy goes with the better goaltender

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Or a smart guy goes with the better goaltender

SwordsandTequuila gets it.
    Ben Bishop is going to fukking shut down the ISLES.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

throwing darts not a good betting strategy

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

is stamkos out for the whole series?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Yeah I don't like the isles bet but I agree with the other. Tampa didn't struggle at all in that series. The only game they loss was the game that they were penalized and spent the whole first period down a man and some of the second. Isles don't have the goaltending in my opinion to compete. If halak was there I could see this being a series

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Yeah I don't like the isles bet but I agree with the other. Tampa didn't struggle at all in that series. The only game they loss was the game that they were penalized and spent the whole first period down a man and some of the second. Isles don't have the goaltending in my opinion to compete. If halak was there I could see this being a series
    Tb won 4-1 but besides game 2 all the wins by 1 goal. Tb won't beat the isles. Tb had their run last year.

Goat Milk

Detroit controlled most of that series....they just couldn't get past bishop. Not creative enough, not skilled enough to score on big goalies. If Mrazek started from day 1 things could have been different

jgj311
    jgj311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

I was on Tampa Bay coming out of that region before the first round and nothing has changed for me. The Isles didn't face a team with the firepower Tampa has plus they're at a severe disadvantage with their goalie. More than likely I'm betting Tampa this series.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't want to hear about betting individual games and all that shit.
    Betting like a man.

Isles are a live bet - journeyman keeper steps in and steps up in the playoffs playing best of his career.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by jgj311 View Post
    plus they're at a severe disadvantage with their goalie.
    Did you watch the series? G is isles playoff MVP to date.

lakerboy

Lines are already going down. Isles long overdue playoff magic.

Goat Milk

Tavares top 5 in nhl. Lightning ain't that good without Stamkos. Detroit pushed them around. Just couldn't finish scoring chances.

lakerboy

All I know is the islanders are a live dog.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Tavares top 5 in nhl. Lightning ain't that good without Stamkos. Detroit pushed them around. Just couldn't finish scoring chances.
    I'd greenlight anyone wanting a 2nd opinion about betting the Isles vs. the Lightning, no doubt. But with that said the Isles themselves were manhandled in every game vs. Panthers. Luongo was a dud - panther fans should be pissed at him instead the same ol' pissed at the refs routine.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Greiss and Tavares are on fire.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Strong play imo, good luck man

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Detroit controlled most of that series....they just couldn't get past bishop. Not creative enough, not skilled enough to score on big goalies. If Mrazek started from day 1 things could have been different
    You're on crack if you believe that. Or the homer glasses are too thick. Either way just stop. Told you before and will tell you again, Detroit isn't and hasn't been better than the Lightning the last few years. Period. Maybe stick to NBA.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Tb won 4-1 but besides game 2 all the wins by 1 goal. Tb won't beat the isles. Tb had their run last year.
    They might have won by 1 goal but they never trailed other then the game they lost. They were bored with Detroit. And honestly if you lose 4-1 you were dominated in hockey. I'm not saying they are the best but the islanders can't pull off the upset with greiss in net. He's not good enough
    Last edited by goduke; 04-26-16 at 12:58 AM.

goduke

If you lose in 5 games and in your 4 losses you never have the lead you don't control shit. And last time I checked a goalie is a big part of the team. Bishop was bored in the crease. Nothing you've said in this entire playoffs has been right so your opinion is garbage. Go watch film

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

They might have won by 1 goal but they never trailed other then the game they lost. They were bored with Detroit. And honestly if you lose 4-1 you were dominated in hockey. I'm not saying they are the best but the islanders can't pull off the upset with greiss in net. He's not good enough
    He's good enough...every goalie is these days with how the NHL is played.
    People think Murray is good in Pittsburg now...

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He's good enough...every goalie is these days with how the NHL is played.
    People think Murray is good in Pittsburg now...
    Murray is good. He was a top goalie in ahl. He did amazing in his starts in the season. Comparing greiss and Murray is insanity. It seems like you only know what you've seen in the playoffs

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

is stamkos out for the whole series?
    Tampa is injured. I dont even look their way.

Goat Milk

Russian rocket nominated your post swords and tequilla and he told me red wings were a good play lol. the irony. guy is always lurking everywhere.

so do you think we should take the lightning to win? you're right my hockey picks have been off.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Love it.

Looking at Stars/Ducks in West and Penguins to win East

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Russian rocket nominated your post swords and tequilla and he told me red wings were a good play lol. the irony. guy is always lurking everywhere.

so do you think we should take the lightning to win? you're right my hockey picks have been off.
    Toss up. Goaltending edge to Lightning. If Stralman can play would be a tremendous boost for the back line. JT Brown doesn't garner much attention outside of Tampa but his presence on the checking line makes a big impact; outside chance he could be back. I seldom bet on teams I root for so no bet for me, but I lean Lightning because of Bishop.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

you're just a blind square Goat...you also angry all the time cause you can't win

I had DET to win the series (1 bet) and after watching a few games, I quickly realized that they just don't have any answers for TB in this series even with Stamkos out of the lineup. After that I've posted numerous plays on Bolts - search for it and you'll find it.

Unlike you dumbfukk, I know how to be flexible and I can change my strategy on the fly to secure the profit.

Continue to be the angry little bitch that you are.

Salud!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Murray is good. He was a top goalie in ahl. He did amazing in his starts in the season. Comparing greiss and Murray is insanity. It seems like you only know what you've seen in the playoffs
    I'm a Penguins fan...Murray is overrated at this point and might shit his pants soon...

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I'm a Penguins fan...Murray is overrated at this point and might shit his pants soon...
    I very highly doubt it. The kid is a star in the making. He's just going to get better. Murray is taking fleurys job and keeping it. Check back with me at the end I think you're way off but I'll come back and congratulate you if I'm wrong

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

STarted getting withdrawls one day without playoff hockey. Now lets hope for many goals

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by DigBick86 View Post
    STarted getting withdrawls one day without playoff hockey. Now lets hope for many goals
    I hear you man.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

stoked for both series, will probably play unders for the most part

1234 ... Last