jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Caps series over Flyers

Laid $500 @ -210 for Caps to take this series.

Honestly, despite their history of playoff choking, I feel like this is the year they take it all and Ovechkin finally gets to raise that Cup.

I'll be letting this money ride on each of their series. Hopefully history doesn't repeat.

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

yeah the new playoff setup really screws them. Congrats on winning the President's Trophy in February Caps now here's the 2nd hottest team and (imo) the 4th best team in the conference in the first round. And if you win you get the hottest team and the 2nd best team in the conference in the 2nd round. Yaaay! I think Holtby is the best goalie in the playoffs and that should take them far and it's something they have never had in the past. But Pittsburgh is scary good right now. Good luck.

jgold254

Quote Originally Posted by gdon44 View Post
    yeah the new playoff setup really screws them. Congrats on winning the President's Trophy in February Caps now here's the 2nd hottest team and (imo) the 4th best team in the conference in the first round. And if you win you get the hottest team and the 2nd best team in the conference in the 2nd round. Yaaay! I think Holtby is the best goalie in the playoffs and that should take them far and it's something they have never had in the past. But Pittsburgh is scary good right now. Good luck.
    Holtby has been on the team for a while now.... Agreed he's never been this good, though.

Ill admit this is a total homer bet for me. They definitely have a tough road ahead.

jgj311
    jgj311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

If the Caps were playing the Red Wings or Bruins, I would've thrown money on them in a heartbeat this round. However, the Flyers make me cautious to lay down -270 odds. Though tbh, I think the Penguins are going down against the Rangers gdon. They have no solid goalie and they're top-heavy.

Back to the Capitals though, they seem like they have a great path to at least get out of the east, but I thought the same thing about the Bruins and Rangers the last 2 years. Something always gets messed up for the supposed "locks" in the nhl.

jgold254

Quote Originally Posted by jgj311 View Post
    If the Caps were playing the Red Wings or Bruins, I would've thrown money on them in a heartbeat this round. However, the Flyers make me cautious to lay down -270 odds. Though tbh, I think the Penguins are going down against the Rangers gdon. They have no solid goalie and they're top-heavy.

Back to the Capitals though, they seem like they have a great path to at least get out of the east, but I thought the same thing about the Bruins and Rangers the last 2 years. Something always gets messed up for the supposed "locks" in the nhl.
    The Caps kryptonite is those Rangers... I won't throw down on that series after what happened last year.

And you do know Bookmaker had this series at -210. If that changes things for ya...

jgold254

Let's face it. This one is in the books for the Caps. If not tonight, then Friday. I'm gonna pocket the winnings and let the $500 roll on the Caps in whoever they face from the Rangers/Pens series.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Caps aren't that good. They are beating up on a gassed out flyers team. They WILL NOT beat the pens. Crosby is goin to the finals.

Congrats on the win

jgold254

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Caps aren't that good. They are beating up on a gassed out flyers team. They WILL NOT beat the pens. Crosby is goin to the finals.

Congrats on the win
    Did you watch hockey at all this season? Caps clinched the playoffs like a month before anyone else. And the Pens are struggling against NY right now... And aren't they playing their 3rd string goalie?

Flyers entered the playoffs the hottest team in the league... And they are getting bullied 12 goals to 2.

Holtby carries the Caps to the Cup.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    Did you watch hockey at all this season? Caps clinched the playoffs like a month before anyone else. And the Pens are struggling against NY right now... And aren't they playing their 3rd string goalie?

Flyers entered the playoffs the hottest team in the league... And they are getting bullied 12 goals to 2.

Holtby carries the Caps to the Cup.
    No I did not watch a single nhl game all year. Rangers are a seasoned team. Pens are hardly struggling vs them. They are up 2-1 with malkin now back. The flyers limped in pal. The pens fielded a depleted team that let t flyers in. The caps only good playoff player is Justin Williams. Washington is not winning the cup. Like I said pit will beat them.

jgold254

No I did not watch a single nhl game all year. Rangers are a seasoned team. Pens are hardly struggling vs them. They are up 2-1 with malkin now back. The flyers limped in pal. The pens fielded a depleted team that let t flyers in. The caps only good playoff player is Justin Williams. Washington is not winning the cup. Like I said pit will beat them.
    Making a case for Pitt is fine. But calling Washington "not that good" is absolutely ridiculous. Presidents Trophy winners and their goalie had one of the greatest NHL seasons of all time... Ever... The road to the Cup goes through Washington. Feel free to revisit here next series, though.

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

That powerplay though. Geez, knew it could make a difference in a one goal game, but it has been just dominant. There's a better chance a Philly penalty will end up with points on the board than fouling Andre Drummond.

jgold254

Let's not also forget that this Pens v Rangers series is headed to 6 or 7 games. They'll be battling it out while Washington gets to rest.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I have Nashville to win series (-425) in a big parlay to cash for +250 units...wish they had won yesterday!

lakerboy

Let's not also forget that this Pens v Rangers series is headed to 6 or 7 games. They'll be battling it out while Washington gets to rest.
    Pens in 5 over nyr
    Caps same vs philly

jgold254

Pens in 5 over nyr
    Caps same vs philly
    Rangers ain't laying down and dying like that, bro. Philly will tonight though.

lakerboy

Rangers ain't laying down and dying like that, bro. Philly will tonight though.
    Caps in 5 like I said.

Rangers won't lay down. The pens will kill them. Pits is better.

jgold254

Caps in 5 like I said.

Rangers won't lay down. The pens will kill them. Pits is better.
    I think Pitt is the better team, too. But that series won't be over in 5.

lakerboy

I think Pitt is the better team, too. But that series won't be over in 5.
    You still feel that way?

jgold254

You still feel that way?
    Yes.

lakerboy

Yes.
    So the rangers will win game 5 in pits?

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

What do you hockey sharps think of Caps -1.5 Friday night?

jgold254

So the rangers will win game 5 in pits?
    I don't think it's a sure thing for Pitt by any means... You must be a diehard Pens fan to care so much what I think about this series. Caps beat whoever takes it. I stand by my prediction.

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    What do you hockey sharps think of Caps -1.5 Friday night?
    I am contemplating this myself, from what ive seen Mason will be back in the net tonight which is who was goaltending on Monday when they lost 6-1

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Quote Originally Posted by ATLIEN6 View Post
    I am contemplating this myself, from what ive seen Mason will be back in the net tonight which is who was goaltending on Monday when they lost 6-1
    Why would you think he would be back in net?

jgold254

Quote Originally Posted by ATLIEN6 View Post
    Yeah what are you seeing showing Mason in the net. All the pre-game notes I'm reading show Neuvirth. The whole reason he's in goal is because of the poor play Mason had had against the Caps. And Neuvirth was pretty stellar last game... Playing with a chip on his shoulder...

ATLIEN6

Yeah what are you seeing showing Mason in the net. All the pre-game notes I'm reading show Neuvirth. The whole reason he's in goal is because of the poor play Mason had had against the Caps. And Neuvirth was pretty stellar last game... Playing with a chip on his shoulder...
    I said that just from looking at my sports app, which is likely wrong. So if Neuvirth is in goal tonight then yeah that changes my outlook on the game completely. I still firmly believe Caps will take this one home, but would not lay the -1.5

lakerboy

I don't think it's a sure thing for Pitt by any means... You must be a diehard Pens fan to care so much what I think about this series. Caps beat whoever takes it. I stand by my prediction.
    I actually a lifetime flyers fan. I'm laughing at you right now.

ATLIEN6

Im just checkin in to say i was wrong about the Caps..go head crucify me

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Flyers 11 shots on goal and they won

wow

jgold254

I actually a lifetime flyers fan. I'm laughing at you right now.
    Laughing at me? Lol... Why? I don't play the games... And looks like you've been just as wrong as me at this point. Glad Philly is giving you a little cheer though. Like in every sport, that will be short lived and unfulfilling. Tis the Philly way!

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Hang in there jgold!
    We'll get this series...I think.

Kind of figured Caps would have a letdown in Gm 4, but not tonight.
    I had Caps ML / Kings +1.5 in a parlay...both not even close, which is nice to lose a parlay in which both parts didn't hit.

I had Kings to win their division AND to win the WEST...both terrible bets (in hindsight)
    Other than tonight, glad I didn't bet Kings in playoffs.

Will be backing my Hawks tomorrow night...might do a little Blues +1/+1.5 wager as well...I don't see Gm 6 being much different outcome (1-goal difference) than the other games that they have played in the series.

jgold254

Oh we will definitely win this series... Not at all worried about that. And then lakerboy will have to root for the real team in PA just for the sake of continuing to troll my post lol!!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

put a nice bet down on the Caps in game 6

jgold254

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    put a nice bet down on the Caps in game 6
    Sounds like money to me. Have come to peace with beating a dirty team in front of their classless fans to clinch the series. Almost poetic. Hope they are amped up for the let down!
    Last edited by jgold254; 04-23-16 at 12:39 AM.

jgold254

Finally the Caps finish it out... Wager is won!

Waiting for the Caps Pens line to post and I'll make it official.