Vapas
    Vapas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Monday NHL Picks - With Reasoning!

Hello All,

2015-16 NHL Season Record: 29-32 (all dogs), Avg ML Wager +134, 11.2% Return on Total Money at Risk.

Monday:

New Jersey +159
    The Devils have improved their PP/PK to the tune of 11.5% over Jan/Feb, while the Rangers have trended solidly in the opposite direction (6.5%PP in Jan, 0%in Feb). I'll take them with no real road travel.

Anaheim +115
    Start of a 7 Game East Coast road trip for the Ducks, going into Pittsburgh having won 8 of 9, riding a 6 game winning streak. Their January PP/PK rating was off the charts, improving on an already top tier season average of 107.3. Looks like Malkin is unlikely to play. This moneyline fell off a cliff quickly after being posted, even or juiced money at this point.

Good Luck

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Watched a few of the Ducks game recently, they look awfully good.

Vapas
    Vapas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Yep, I'm a sucker for physical teams that are disciplined on the kill. These two played in December, 2-1 Ducks win, where they skunked the Pens in the final two frames. They do have to play again tomorrow in Philly, but they just won a BTB game and I'm seeing what you are; they look big, healthy and fast. Crosby is hot and cold and the Pens seem to be in wide open, high scoring games lately. I'll take the focused road team.