Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

disappointing Rangers, risky Habs..

I loaded Rangers and Habs series before the first game, hit them both on Game 1,
    and Game 2 with Montreal... here's my worries...
    watched all the games, and I know hockey because I played it.
    ok. > planning to hedge partial with Ottowa +425 for series. no brainer.
    Montreal overcame the Subban penalty and Pacioretty absence in Gm 1,
    they were fantastic.. less so in Gm 2 despite both playing all game. Habs
    just looked more vulnerable, less dominating, but they pulled through.
    I see no reason why Ottowa can't take both games at home now. It is a
    substantial risk to carry Montreal futures into two Ottowa games as desperate
    and talented as they are.
    Rangers.. despite being a heavy favorite, they didn't win very convicingly in Gm1.
    They eeked it out and Pittsburgh still seemed rusty on offense. Fleury was solid.
    Gm 2 Fleury was very hot. Crosby and other stars stepped up, rust gone.
    Rangers couldn't answer.. how are they going to answer in Pittsburgh ?
    I want out. I'll be left with a smaller interest in Rangers, as Pitt is +170.
    Call me paranoid or untrusting but I feel both need to be hedged.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Why bet them if you're going to act like an idiot after?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rudeboy

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Why bet them if you're going to act like an idiot after?

I adjust to what I see, especially when I don't like what I see and can walk away with a profit
    or less risk. I stay alive and make consistent money, don't blow my balls off on a team going
    on the road for two games when I don't see a significant enough advantage (if any) concerning
    the actual teams on the ice. So I will hedge the Habs, at +425 I book because I took them at -150.
    Then if they lose tonight and/or Gm 4 I have the luxury of re-placing that segment which I hedged,
    at around -150 again. Now, about the Rangers, I don't see enough on the ice to believe with a
    handicapper's confidence that they will win Gm 3. Of course they may, however if they do not they lose
    value. I will still have a Rangers interest and a Montreal interest although it will be lessened and I will
    assuredly make $ rather than let the chips fall where they may. That is how so many non-pros end up being broke diks.
    Bye.

Snowball

hedged them both out. watch what happens. one or both will lose on the road and then
    i'll buy back the hedge at 25% what I paid for it. Adois.

NavsPicks

Lol you sound so stupid

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Unless NYR win game 3 by 2 goals or more, pens have a shot here. The league now doesn't have superstar teams anymore. The 80's oilers were a team of huge scorers, this product now is unknown. NYR were v ery hot 2nd half and look awful. Pens in my eyes win the next game, they can def win the series. What has nash done so far..im hedging the pens in the series

Snowball

yeah, Montreal won in OT but that easily could have gone the other way.
    it seems NavPicks doesn't understand the concept of trading sides during a series.
    when you bet -150 and hedge at +425 there is profit in the middle. I suppose that
    is too complex a proposition for dullards. I had Habs separately in both home gms also.
    Anyway. I hammered the Rangers in Gm1. Gm2 nothing separate just carried the series bet.
    Now I'm off it. Like you say nyplayer33.. as of now, I'm slightly on the Rangers for series
    after the hedge.. but I'm flipping over. It costs me little to move over to Pens. Pens are
    likely to take at least one game in Pittsburgh. If it starts tonight I want to be on it.
    I also hit a +2733 parlay this weekend so have some flexibility.

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    yeah, Montreal won in OT but that easily could have gone the other way.
    it seems NavPicks doesn't understand the concept of trading sides during a series.
    when you bet -150 and hedge at +425 there is profit in the middle. I suppose that
    is too complex a proposition for dullards. I had Habs separately in both home gms also.
    Anyway. I hammered the Rangers in Gm1. Gm2 nothing separate just carried the series bet.
    Now I'm off it. Like you say nyplayer33.. as of now, I'm slightly on the Rangers for series
    after the hedge.. but I'm flipping over. It costs me little to move over to Pens. Pens are
    likely to take at least one game in Pittsburgh. If it starts tonight I want to be on it.
    I also hit a +2733 parlay this weekend so have some flexibility.
    If you're just looking to make profit off numbers then go do stocks. Gambling is completely different . You cap a game bet it and stick with it unless its a parlay that you need to hedge. What you're doing is retarded killing all the value. 2-1 rags 3-0 habs . How dumb do you look now?

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

go play sonic the hedgehog

leave it out of gambling..just leave yeah!

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13772

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Unless NYR win game 3 by 2 goals or more, pens have a shot here. The league now doesn't have superstar teams anymore. The 80's oilers were a team of huge scorers, this product now is unknown. NYR were v ery hot 2nd half and look awful. Pens in my eyes win the next game, they can def win the series. What has nash done so far..im hedging the pens in the series
    Been quiet .
    Oh I see why.
    Rangers now leading 3-1.