ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Hockey 2014/15

TPS Turku and Espoo Blues from Finland will play eachother today in their preseason friendlies. Home team announced on their website they will play with junior team, young players born in years 95-97: http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset/ajankohtais...lues-otteluun/ while the away team should play with their full roster.

5 days ago teams already played eachother in Espoo, both with complete squad, and Espoo has won with 3-1. Odds for Espoo are currently having great value as they are above 2 (+100) but they should drop soon. I managed to get the odds of 2.20 and I bet 5/10 units. I know 5Dimes is also offering this match for American players.

ZdenoK

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    TPS Turku and Espoo Blues from Finland will play eachother today in their preseason friendlies. Home team announced on their website they will play with junior team, young players born in years 95-97: http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset/ajankohtais...lues-otteluun/ while the away team should play with their full roster.

5 days ago teams already played eachother in Espoo, both with complete squad, and Espoo has won with 3-1. Odds for Espoo are currently having great value as they are above 2 (+100) but they should drop soon. I managed to get the odds of 2.20 and I bet 5/10 units. I know 5Dimes is also offering this match for American players.
    3-1 for Espoo once again, pick won.

ZdenoK

In the first round of KHL I will bet on Jokerit. They are anxiously waiting for league to finally start to get their KHL debut. After stagnating and having some average seasons in Finnish league where they had potential to be champions but managed to lose year after year, they now joined KHL with a better vision. Quite some changes in the team and it looks like a well built team to start the new league. Jokerit will be having a tough and solid defense where they have a couple of players with KHL experience. Jaakola has played for Amur and experienced veteran Karalahti for Dinamo Minsk. Additional value lies in Ryan Gunderson who has played some seasons in Swedish elite league where he was one of the most efficient players. Not to forget Vaananen who is a long time member of Finnish national team and having years of NHL experience. Perhaps the weakest link seem goalies Karlsson and Helenius, both lacking KHL experience. Jokerit will also have dangerous offense. They have acquired the famous Swedish talent Linus Omark. After being switched between NHL and AHL last year when Edmonton dumped him he ended up in Swedish Lulea and from there he signed for Jokerit for upcomming season. No lack of KHL experience in the offense either. Aaaltonen has played 2 years for Metallurg Magnitogorsk where he notched 82 points in 136 matches. Kapanen has been a champion 2 times with Ak Bars Kazan and last year he lost the finals with Lev. Team seems build pretty solid - they have good skaters which will give them speed and hardworking grinders which will give them physical edge and depth. Strong structure of the team has Jokerit already shown in preseason where they have played 8 matches and only lost one in overtime. They also have good attendance in home arena, even preseason matches got almost sold out and tickets for the season opener are almost gone, so we can expect full arena and crazy atmosphere.

Dinamo Minsk is one of the worst teams in the league ever since they have joined 6 years ago. Their best success is reaching conference quarterfinals twice where they once got eliminated in game 7 and once got easily swept. Before the new season they have lost a couple of crucial players - Irgl, Stas and Lalande but acquired "half" of Medvescak Zagreb's roster - Cheechoo, Linglet, Vesce, Svarny, Ellison, and a couple of "hometown" guys - return of Kulakov and young players from their local Belarus league.

Speaking of newcomers to the league we can recall Medvescak Zagreb and their season opener last year where they have crushed the fearful CSKA with 7-1. In Jokerit's case with all the hype in Finland I expect nothing else but a home victory as well.

Pick: Jokerit Helsinki @ 2.00 William Hill 5/10

Pinnacle and 5dimes didn't release the lines yet.

ZdenoK

Champions Hockey League: HC Sparta Praha - Vaxjo Lakers HC

Teams have played eachother already in the 2nd round of Champions Hockey League where Prague was celebrating a victory in Sweden over home team Vaxjo with 5-2. Game was pretty open and fans could enjoy a high scoring affair. Which was also the case on other game day the teams have played in CHL. Vaxjo has beaten Mannheim at home with 6-1, Sparta has beaten KalPa in Finland with 5-4 in shootout. Odds for totals over 5.5 can be found above 2 which is pretty high. If I take a look at the past season of Sparta, they were a big home team in Czech league, rarely handing out points to the opponents and winning with a confident goal margin. At the end of the regular season they had a chance to set a new record for most points in regulation and were the main favorite to win the league. Vaxjo will have a long roadtrip from Sweden to play in a Czech arena which they are unfamiliar with. Beginning of the season for European teams is getting closer and closer so I think teams will also try to play more solid defense and not keep it so open so I will play a tad careful here with totals.

Pick 1: HC Sparta Praha @ 1.917 Pinnacle 3/10
    Pick 2: Totals over 5 @ 1.751 Pinnacle 5/10

ZdenoK

Pick: Jokerit Helsinki @ 2.00 William Hill 5/10
    Can't confirm if the info is 100 % accurate but it seems guests will play without their leader and captain Kalyuzhny which would be a huge blow for them.

Also, you can find the match at Bovada for NA guys.

ZdenoK

Too bad Jokerit played defense like shit and allowed 4 powerplay goals and 1 breakaway goal but CHL went as predicted. I was also on Stavanger ML today as a small value bet (1/10) as odds were 3.90 at MarathonBet which is crazy but I didn't prepare any writeup so I didn't post it.

3-1 +7.506 units

ZdenoK

VHL: Toros Neftekamsk - THK Tver

Today Toros Neftekamsk opens their season at home vs THK Tver. They are a strong team, affiliated with Salavat Yulaev Ufa, which is having success in the new VHL league - 2x champions, last year they have lost in semifinals, and before that they were also good in Vysshaya League. They had good preparations for the upcoming season and according to their roster they should be one of the best again. Tver is one of the average VHL teams which have ambitions to reach the playoffs but they can only dream of the title. In last years their best success is getting swept in quarterfinals. Before joining VHL they have played Russian 3rd league. They have quite shorter roster than the home team who has won all the mutual matches so far so today I expect Toros to open their season with another victory.

Pick: Toros Neftekamsk @ 1.66 MarathonBet 3/10

ZdenoK

VHL: Toros Neftekamsk - THK Tver

Today Toros Neftekamsk opens their season at home vs THK Tver. They are a strong team, affiliated with Salavat Yulaev Ufa, which is having success in the new VHL league - 2x champions, last year they have lost in semifinals, and before that they were also good in Vysshaya League. They had good preparations for the upcoming season and according to their roster they should be one of the best again. Tver is one of the average VHL teams which have ambitions to reach the playoffs but they can only dream of the title. In last years their best success is getting swept in quarterfinals. Before joining VHL they have played Russian 3rd league. They have quite shorter roster than the home team who has won all the mutual matches so far so today I expect Toros to open their season with another victory.

Pick: Toros Neftekamsk @ 1.66 MarathonBet 3/10
    3-2 +4.506 units

ZdenoK

Czech Extraliga: Sparta Praga - Plzen

Tomorrow Czech Extraliga will begin. Sparta Prague same as last year the main favorite to win the championship title. Those who have a good a financial background and support can afford a good team. Though some of the important players have left the club - goalie Popperle, Rachunek and Ton but they replaced those guys with players from Lev Prague which will not play in KHL this year. Prague was by far 1st last year in regular season, they had the best offense in the league but received cold shower when they got eliminated in semifinals, therefore this year they have made their defense more solid. Among famous guys it's definitely Czech national team player Barinka and goalie Popperle got replaced by Ratislav Stana, a Slovakian national team goalie who played in Sweden and KHL prior to joining Prague. Sparta played in CHL (Champions Hockey League) as part of their preseason where they are on top of their group with 3 victories and 1 loss. Pretty impressive result given the opponents. Not much to say than a clear set goal to win the title for a club with huge tradition of over 110 years who amongst others also hosted New York Rangers in their arena few years ago. Plzen on the other side a club with limited financial budget. This year they will more rely on youngsters, some important players have left the club - last year's most efficient player Duda and a long-time captain Straka. They have started preparations for season already in July but I think Sparta is too strong opponent for them and I just don't see them beating Sparta at home. Odds for home team are 1.60-1.65 but MarathonBet offers them at 1.70.

Pick: Sparta Prague @ 1.70 MarathonBet 5/10

ZdenoK

Czech Extraliga: Sparta Praga - Plzen

Tomorrow Czech Extraliga will begin. Sparta Prague same as last year the main favorite to win the championship title. Those who have a good a financial background and support can afford a good team. Though some of the important players have left the club - goalie Popperle, Rachunek and Ton but they replaced those guys with players from Lev Prague which will not play in KHL this year. Prague was by far 1st last year in regular season, they had the best offense in the league but received cold shower when they got eliminated in semifinals, therefore this year they have made their defense more solid. Among famous guys it's definitely Czech national team player Barinka and goalie Popperle got replaced by Ratislav Stana, a Slovakian national team goalie who played in Sweden and KHL prior to joining Prague. Sparta played in CHL (Champions Hockey League) as part of their preseason where they are on top of their group with 3 victories and 1 loss. Pretty impressive result given the opponents. Not much to say than a clear set goal to win the title for a club with huge tradition of over 110 years who amongst others also hosted New York Rangers in their arena few years ago. Plzen on the other side a club with limited financial budget. This year they will more rely on youngsters, some important players have left the club - last year's most efficient player Duda and a long-time captain Straka. They have started preparations for season already in July but I think Sparta is too strong opponent for them and I just don't see them beating Sparta at home. Odds for home team are 1.60-1.65 but MarathonBet offers them at 1.70.

Pick: Sparta Prague @ 1.70 MarathonBet 5/10
    4-2 +8 units

ZdenoK

KHL: Medvescak Zagreb - Severstal Cherepovets

Medvescak same as last year a very bad start of the season. They lost all 4 road matches, for starters a derby with Slovan Bratislava, next a new slap to the face when they lost half a minute before regulation against Avtomobilist and final 2 matches against Bars Kazan and Metallurg Magnitogorsk, 2 of the strongest KHL teams so nobody really expected points from there. Today the situation is a tad different because the match will be played in Zagreb where home crowd is anxiously expecting home premiere. Due to the occasion they are also organizing a big charity action where people will be gathering school stuff for kids who were impacted by recent floodings so the attendance will be good. About the team... since previous season they have lost many good players and important offense core, new guys are yet to show why they were brought to the team. Medvescak's opponent today seems like a proper team to start home season against because Cherepovets is in similar form, they have lost 3 out of 4 home matches so far. The only bright spot is their goalie who last made 37 saves and helped the team to the only victory. I think this match is a must-win for Medvescak if they would like to keep the hopes on a successful season and support of the fans. Odds for home team are very good.

Pick: Medvescak Zagreb @ 2.10 bwin 3/10

ZdenoK

KHL: Medvescak Zagreb - Severstal Cherepovets

Medvescak same as last year a very bad start of the season. They lost all 4 road matches, for starters a derby with Slovan Bratislava, next a new slap to the face when they lost half a minute before regulation against Avtomobilist and final 2 matches against Bars Kazan and Metallurg Magnitogorsk, 2 of the strongest KHL teams so nobody really expected points from there. Today the situation is a tad different because the match will be played in Zagreb where home crowd is anxiously expecting home premiere. Due to the occasion they are also organizing a big charity action where people will be gathering school stuff for kids who were impacted by recent floodings so the attendance will be good. About the team... since previous season they have lost many good players and important offense core, new guys are yet to show why they were brought to the team. Medvescak's opponent today seems like a proper team to start home season against because Cherepovets is in similar form, they have lost 3 out of 4 home matches so far. The only bright spot is their goalie who last made 37 saves and helped the team to the only victory. I think this match is a must-win for Medvescak if they would like to keep the hopes on a successful season and support of the fans. Odds for home team are very good.

Pick: Medvescak Zagreb @ 2.10 bwin 3/10
    5-2 +11.30 units

ZdenoK

EBEL: VSV - Innsbruck

I'll keep it short. Innsbruck has weakened their team since last year. They have lost Donati twins and Salazar, and new arrivals don't seem that good according to their names. They got new headcoach, Olsson brought KAC to a champion 2 years ago but couldn't even get them into the playoff last year which is the biggest disappointment for a club with such tradition as KAC so he got fired fast. This year he has even bigger challenge - to get Innsbruck into playoffs which is much easier said than done. Perhaps the best part of the team is goalie Munro. On the other side their opponent Villach made some major changes to their roster prior to the new season. The most shocking was departure with their most efficient players Hughes and Ryan but they have acquired decent replacements with Lammers, Fortier and Santorelli. Their net is still being minded by J.P. Lamoureux, one of the best EBEL goalies in the last couple of years. He is compensating for a bit weaker defense (VSV was allowing by far the most goals among teams which went straight into the playoffs last year). On to the Friday match, Villach never had problems playing against Innsbruck. Ever since they have returned to EBEL they are dominating them - last 8 mutual matches in past 2 seasons were all clear victories for VSV, all but one ending with more than 1 goal difference. But the most important info is Innsbruck got their first 2 centremen (Beech and Valdix) suspended due to incidents on last match so they will miss the match against VSV. Valdix is currently their most efficient player. Odds are pretty crappy but given the situation I think VSV can't lose on Friday. When more bookies open the offer I might also add some handicap play.

Pick: VSV @ 1.50 Betsson/William Hill 4/10

ZdenoK

EBEL: VSV - Innsbruck

I'll keep it short. Innsbruck has weakened their team since last year. They have lost Donati twins and Salazar, and new arrivals don't seem that good according to their names. They got new headcoach, Olsson brought KAC to a champion 2 years ago but couldn't even get them into the playoff last year which is the biggest disappointment for a club with such tradition as KAC so he got fired fast. This year he has even bigger challenge - to get Innsbruck into playoffs which is much easier said than done. Perhaps the best part of the team is goalie Munro. On the other side their opponent Villach made some major changes to their roster prior to the new season. The most shocking was departure with their most efficient players Hughes and Ryan but they have acquired decent replacements with Lammers, Fortier and Santorelli. Their net is still being minded by J.P. Lamoureux, one of the best EBEL goalies in the last couple of years. He is compensating for a bit weaker defense (VSV was allowing by far the most goals among teams which went straight into the playoffs last year). On to the Friday match, Villach never had problems playing against Innsbruck. Ever since they have returned to EBEL they are dominating them - last 8 mutual matches in past 2 seasons were all clear victories for VSV, all but one ending with more than 1 goal difference. But the most important info is Innsbruck got their first 2 centremen (Beech and Valdix) suspended due to incidents on last match so they will miss the match against VSV. Valdix is currently their most efficient player. Odds are pretty crappy but given the situation I think VSV can't lose on Friday. When more bookies open the offer I might also add some handicap play.

Pick: VSV @ 1.50 Betsson/William Hill 4/10
    Easy win 5-1 VSV.

6-2 +13.30 units

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Washington Capitals - Buffalo Sabres

Pick: Totals over 5.5 @ 1.96 MarathonBet 3/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Washington Capitals - Buffalo Sabres

Pick: Totals over 5.5 @ 1.96 MarathonBet 3/10
    Adding: Washington Capitals @ 1.94 MarathonBet 3/10

Ovie with Backstrom in the 1st line, 2nd line with Chimera and Ward. Goaltending split between Copley and Holtby. Buffalo coming with weaker team so I think there is value in Capitals.

ZdenoK

1-0 for Capitals

7-3 +13.15 units

ZdenoK

CHL: ERC Ingolstadt - Vitkovice

Ingolstadt had an average start of the DEL season, after initial 2 losses they have added 2 victories. Their opponent Vitkovice is in a much better form, they are currently 2nd in Czech Extraliga with 4 victories out of 5 matches played. Tomorrow the teams will battle for 3rd place in the H group. The main reason why I will back up home team is becase away team is going on the road without many standard players - Szturc, Kovar, Strapac, Dolejs, Burger, Kana, Stencel, Stehlik, Huzevka... young players will get the chance instead. I think the odds will drop alot.

Pick: ERC Ingolstadt @ 2.18 Betsson 5/10

ZdenoK

CHL: Trinec - Tappara

Important match for Finnish team but interesting enough Tappara will start young goalie from youth team Dominik Hrachovina. Also some important missing players - defensemen Aalto and Mantyla. I'm a bit confused but according to their website it seems Kuusela and Peltola might play in defense. Anyway, the predicted lineup is pretty weakened. Trinec on the other side is first in the group. If they win tonight, they have secured playoffs spot so some motivation should also exist. If the lineup listed on their website is correct, they will play with their standard team so I think they should win this match.

Pick: Trinec @ 1.75 Bet365 5/10

ZdenoK

Belarus Extraleague: Brest - Zhlobin

Home team Brest will play without 5 key players - Muzhik, Artemov, Sachivko, Tolstik and Kruchinin. In their last match only Muzhik and Kruchinin were absent but they lost against Gomel with 1-7. They are a weaker team than Zhlobin on paper so this means big troubles for them today. Zhlobin doesn't have any problems with their roster, after a good initial start to the season (4 straight victories) they have now lost 2 road games so tonight they have a nice chance to bounce back against much weakened Brest.

Pick: Zhlobin -2 @ 1.91 Pinnacle 3/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh will have only a couple of players who will play NHL: goalies Greiss/Zatkoff; forwards Goc, Downie and Adams; defenders Letang and Ehrhoff, others are pretty much newbies. So Penguins today with a backup goalie and backup of the backup, 2 good defensemen, few average forwards and a bunch of AHL material players. Columbus will have quite some good players in the lineup: Bobrovsky, forwards: Anisimov, Atkinson, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Tropp, Gibbons, defensemen: Johnson, Tyutin, Wisniewski, all of these players are pretty much their NHL team this year. Blue Jackets have played 2 preseason matches so far and won both, Penguins lost against Detroit. Perhaps the match might have an additional charge since these two teams have met in playoffs last year where Penguins were a better team so Columbus might like to get their first revenge before new season. According to tonight lineups Columbus should win this because they have many more players with NHL experience but it's still preseason which doesn't count for anything so I'll go more careful with stakes.

Pick: Columbus Blue Jackets @ 2.45 MarathonBet 3/10

ZdenoK

9-5 +10.23 units

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Pittsburgh Penguins - Minnesota Wild

Roster for Wild:

Vanek—Koivu—Fontaine
    Parise—Granlund—Pominville
    Cooke—Haula—Zucker
    Sutter—Almond—Rechlicz
    Keranen

Scandella—Spurgeon
    Brodin—Dumba
    Frolin—Ballard
    Bickel

Goaltender Darcy Kuemper is expected to get two periods, while Ilya Bryzgalov will get one.

PENGUINS LINEUP:

GOALTENDERS

1 Thomas Greiss - G
    37 Jeff Zatkoff - G

POS. PLAYERS

4 Rob Scuderi - D
    6 Scott Harrington - D
    7 Paul Martin - D
    8 Brian Dumoulin - D
    13 Nick Spaling - F
    16 Brandon Sutter - F
    17 Blake Comeau - F
    19 Beau Bennett - F
    23 Steve Downie - F
    25 Andrew Ebbett - F
    38 Zach Sill - F
    41 Robert Bortuzzo - D
    42 Kasperi Kapanen - F
    47 Simon Despres - D
    49 Oskar Sundqvist - F
    57 Marcel Goc - F
    59 Jayson Megna - F
    72 Patric Hornqvist - F

Odds for Wild to win are 3.15 so I will bet on them for smaller stake because I think they have a stronger roster tonight in Pittsburgh so there is definitely value here. They are also trying to work on their powerplay with their main players said their coach so these players should see lots of gametime. Penguins without all of their creators of the game - Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz, Dupuis, Letang, even without Fleury. However, most of the players in the lineup tonight are hard workers so you never know.

Pick: Minnesota Wild @ 3.15 MarathonBet 2/10

ZdenoK

According to the lineup I will add these two for small stakes:

Nashville Predators @ 2.40 MarathonBet 1/10
    St. Louis Blues @ 1.952 MarathonBet 1/10

ZdenoK

Belarus Extraliga: Mogilev - Lida

Mogilev is one of the worst teams in the league, last 2 matches they went without scoring a goal while they allowed 14 in the back of their net. Coach Usanov will be fired so expecting any victory until then is unlikely. Lida has added 4 Russian players to their roster and they already showed their efficiency in the last 2 matches. I think they should beat home team without much troubles.

Pick: Lida -1.5 @ 1.85 MarathonBet 5/10

EBEL: Bolzano Foxes - EC Dornbirn

It seems as Bolzano has got into shape after piss poor preseason and start of the season. They have won their first match in EBEL and unexpectedly also beaten Pardubice in CHL. Perhaps this is indication of getting into better form, foreign arrivals Lee, Cullen and Nesbitt have finally started to show why they have been added to the team's roster. Dornbirn on the other hand is also one of the worst EBEL teams. So far they have only managed to (barely) beat Olimpija. They are struggling with absence of their 1st goalie Murphy so I think Italian team will win at home ice in front of their fans.

Pick: Bolzano @ 1.90 Bet365 5/10

ZdenoK

EBEL: HDD Olimpija Ljubljana - EC VSV

VSV will come to Ljubljana following 2 losses. First they got beaten by Graz in EBEL and then by Servette in CHL which ended their hopes for playoffs. Tonight they will get a good chance to bounce back and stress their anger over weak team of Ljubljana. VSV is being coached by Järvenpää, former coach of Olimpija. Also VSV's goalie Lamoreaux and forward McBride have played in Olimpija prior to joining VSV so they should know their opponent well. Last year they have won all 4 mutual matches without much problems. They had some issues with efficiency in the last 2 matches but they should be able to pass that today because Olimpija is the only team without a victory in EBEL and I believe it will stay at that for a while. 4 lost matches where they allowed 15 goals and only scored 5. As much as I have seen Olimpija play they are a disaster, to put it shortly. It starts with goalie Chiodo who is far from the shape he was in when he was a champion with KAC, their defense is Swiss cheese like and their forwards are ineffiecent, incapable of scoring even from chances which are like 100 %. Good odds given the shape of Olimpija.

Pick 1: VSV @ 1.55 MarathonBet 3/10
    Pick 2: Olimpija team totals under 2 @ 2.16 MarathonBet 3/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Washington Capitals - Boston Bruins

Back-to-back match in Washington and a chance to redeem for the loss in Boston. Bruins have won with 2-0 after Green's mistake in the defense and in the end they have scored empty-netter. Capitals will play with strong offense tonight - Ovie and Backstrom together, Laich, Brouwer and Kuznetsov fixed line. Coach Trotz says he will give more playing minutes to first 2 lines. No info for defense pairings yet but I think there will be some veterans according to previous matches. In goal there will be Peters and Grubauer, both with NHL experience. Boston will be without most of their playmakers - Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic (questionable), Gagne. No info about the goalie but Rask did a practice with 2nd group of players who will not be in the lineup tonight. Boston is considered favorite here so I think there is value in Washington. All the matches were pretty tight so far so I will play moneyline.

Pick: Washington Capitals ML @ 1.85 Bet365 4/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Colorado Avalanche - Montreal Canadiens

Montreal without majority of key players - Subban, Galchenyuk, Parenteau, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gallagher, Emelin, Markov. In net Tokarski and MacDonald will play tonight, both are backups. Among veterans I've seen only Bouillon in defense. Colorado will go with Varlamov tonight, their first goalie. In offense Tanguay, Iginla and Briere are confirmed, in defense Hejda, Johnson and Stuart, all experienced NHL players.

Pick: Colorado Avalanche ML @ 1.72 MarathonBet 3/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Vancouver Canucks - Calgary Flames

Vancouver will go with veteran lineup at home ice. Miller will start in net, personally one of the top 3 goalies for me. In offense pretty strong experienced lineup - Sedin twins, Vrbata, Hansen, Dorsett, Richardson, Sestito. In defense Bieksa, Sbisa, Weber accompanied by a couple of less experienced players. Calgary will go with prospects and 3-4 liners to see how well they can resist against experienced players. Ramo will start in net. These two played a match yesterday and Canucks have won 3-1 in Calgary while the teams were more balanced. Having a much more experienced team tonight I think they shouldn't have much problems to win again.

Pick: Vancouver Canucks @ 1.90 MarathonBet 5/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: San Jose Sharks - Arizona Coyotes

Shark tank hosts Coyotes who will play with a weak lineup tonight. Goaltending time will be split between backups - Dubnyk and Domingue. Offense will consist entirely of prospects and "veterans" Sam Gagner and Matt Kassian. Same with defense where Michalek and Schlemko are experienced players, others are mainly rookies. Sharks will unleash their force in offense with Pavelski, Brown, Thornton, Hertl, Wingels who will be accompanied by prospects. In defense they will have Vlasic, Braun, Burns and Hannan, all standard NHL lineup players and a couple of newbies. Niemi and Grosenick will be minding the net. Considering both lineups this should be pretty much one-sided match.

Pick: San Jose Sharks @ 1.92 MarathonBet 5/10

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: New York Rangers - Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers with poor lineup, from standard NHL forwards just B. Schenn, Raffl and Rinaldo. Not really playmakers. In defense 2 veterans - Couburn and Schultz. No Vinny, no Giroux, no Simmonds, Voracek, Umberger, Simmonds, Couturier etc. ... Rangers with strong team - Kreider, Brassard, Zuccarello, Nash, St. Louis, Mcdonagh, Staal, Boyle, even Lundqvist should be in net so I think they should win this one at home.

Pick: New York Rangers @ 2.08 MarathonBet 4/10

ZdenoK

Easy one for Rangers. Updated stats over the past week:

14-12 +6.10 units

ZdenoK

Mestis: Peliitat - KeuPa

KeuPa is affiliate of Lukko which plays in Finnish elite league. For today match they have reinforced their roster with 6 players from Lukko so home team shouldn't be such favorite. Peliitat will play with their standard Mestist lineup today.

Pick: KeuPa ML @ 2.45 MarathonBet 5/10

ZdenoK

Mestis: Peliitat - KeuPa

KeuPa is affiliate of Lukko which plays in Finnish elite league. For today match they have reinforced their roster with 6 players from Lukko so home team shouldn't be such favorite. Peliitat will play with their standard Mestist lineup today.

Pick: KeuPa ML @ 2.45 MarathonBet 5/10
    Pick won.

15-12 +13.35 units

ZdenoK

NHL preseason: Columbus Blue Jackets - Carolina Hurricanes

Second last match of preseason for Columbus. Tonight they will play with a strong lineup. In the offense majority of the NHL team, coach has split the lines so in each 2 veterans will play with a prospect, except for 3rd line which is a standard NHL line. There are pretty much all the players - Hartnell, Anisimov, Calvert, Atkinson, Hjalmarsson, Letestu, Foligno, Tropp, Boll... Dubinsky is missing. In the defense they are complete with NHL players - Tyutin, Prout, Johnson, Savard, Erixon, Wisniewski and in the net Bobrovsky will play the entire match. Carolina is coming with a young lineup. There will be no Staal, Semin, Skinner and Tlusty in the offense. In defense they have just first D pair standard NHL players - Hainsey and Gleason. Khudobin will play the entire match, on paper he is a backup to Ward. I think Columbus' lineup is too strong for Carolina tonight. Perhaps the only surprise factor of the guest team is wish to excell since this is the final match for most of the prospects before they get cut. Though Carolina still has two more matches to play so they have some manoeuvre space while Columbus will only play one more.

Pick: Columbus Blue Jackets ML @ 1.70 Bwin 5/10

1234 ... Last