El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

2/3

Pittsburgh Penguins (-130) 2u
    Montreal Canadiens (-130)
    Grand Salami: Home Goals (-120) 2u

YTD
    1-4 -3.26u

Went 0-3 trying to be sharp yesterday. Prob a good time to fade me today as I return to Squarsville.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

YTD
    3-5 -2.95u

Picked up a little today. Enjoy the Super Bowl, boys!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

2/4

Minnesota Wild (+110)
    Edmonton Oilers (+110)
    Grand Salami: Away Goals (-105)

The Yotes are probably the winning play but I will be at the game and I can't go against my homer instincts. The Coyotes match up well with the Wild and always play them tough. They will most likely out shoot the Wild here and Goaltender Mike Smith has shown signs that he is returning to form. However, the visiting team did win every game in the series last season. There are a lot of transplants/snow birds that live in Arizona and there will be a lot of Wild fans in the Arena tonight. The Wild are shifting up their lines a bit to try and shake up some scoring. They also made a trade today. The Wild spent a ton of bank this offseason and the message is already being sent that players need to step it up. I like Backstrom better than Smith in this matchup. While Backstrom will get peppered with plenty of shots, I'm looking for him to continue to play well. Flip type game, I will take the Wild to win in the desert 3-2 with the +$.

The Canucks will be overvalued as always, give me the young hungry team at home with the +$ as well.

Will post a vid from the arena later on. boys!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Have a blast at the game bud!

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

hm interesting

yeah minny is trying to shake things up and that often works but dont they still basically suck? and mike smith looking awesome this year?

and you dont think vancouver will be out for revenge this game? and i mean vancouver played a tougher schedule so far so records are a little misleading right now?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    hm interesting

yeah minny is trying to shake things up and that often works but dont they still basically suck? and mike smith looking awesome this year?

and you dont think vancouver will be out for revenge this game? and i mean vancouver played a tougher schedule so far so records are a little misleading right now?
    Shut your PIE HOLE!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

hm interesting

I wouldn't say Minny sucks Losher. They just beat the Blackhawks who look like a top 3 team this year already. They also took the Blues to OT on the road. Mike Smith has had a rough start this season. Yes, he is coming off a shutout victory, but he gave up 6 goals to the Blackhawks, 4 goals to the Stars (twice). In fact, the shutout against the Stars was the first time this year that he hasn't allowed at least 3 goals in regulation this year. For a career 2.57 GAA guy, that's a bad start to the season. He's 1-2-1 this year as well. As I said, it's a flip type game. Also, it's 72 degrees here right now. The ice at Jobbing.com Arena takes a beating. It's literally chewed up within the first few minutes of each period. You will see a lot of sloppy play, bad bounces. Both teams play a gritty, more defensive style of hockey. The Wild are well rested and they are shaking things up. Usually provides a temporary boost.

As far as the Canucks. They are the Yankees of the NHL. They will be overvalued almost every game, especially on the road. The Oilers are the only home dog on the board as of now. It's an easy 1u play.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    pal! I'll be representing in the desert tonight. Going with a buddy that's already been ejected from the arena before. These desert fukks think it's ejection worthy to throw around the "F" Bomb at the refs. Fukkin' hamburgers

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

2/5

San Jose Sharks (-120)

Winnipeg Jets (-135) 2u
    Grand Salami: Home Goals (-140) 3u

YTD
    4-7 -4.00u

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Here's a vid from last night's Wild/Coyotes game. Pierre Marc-Bouchard rips a slap shot off the post late in the 3rd period on the power play.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY, and Vaughany

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

The tall boys were a flowing, BIGDAY! I got a little over served. I made a shout out vid before the start of the 3rd period. It was kind of a shit show though. I gave you, Russian Rocket, Vegas39 and some other hockey guys a shout out.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I hear ya. Always tough to do Shoutout vids in action at a sportin event.

Im going to a couple Wild games coming up this month. Can't wait.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

2/6

Boston Bruins (-115) 3u
    Anaheim Ducks/Colorado Avalanche O5 (-130) 2u

YTD
    5-9 -6.52u

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Adding Anaheim Ducks (-105) 2u

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

El Nino, what happened to that Bookmaker thread yesterday that I talked to you in? I can't find it anywhere.

Good luck on your plays tonight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    El Nino, what happened to that Bookmaker thread yesterday that I talked to you in? I can't find it anywhere.

Good luck on your plays tonight.
    It's not showing up in "My Posts" either. Very strange. Big Brother at work, I guess.

Best of Luck to you as well, El Gigante.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

like your picks for tonight El Nino...GL

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    like your picks for tonight El Nino...GL
    Thanks, pal Best of luck to you as well. I wish Lucic would stay out of the box.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ducks win tonight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Ducks win tonight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

2/7

Vancouver Canucks (-120) 3u
    Chicago Blackhawks (-110) 2u
    Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5 (+145)

YTD
    7-10 -4.01u

Healthy 3u wager on the Canucks tonight. It would be a 5u wager if Luongo was in net. Just a historically bad match up for the Wild.
    Big revenge game in the desert tonight. This is the first game the Blackhawks and Marian Hossa face the Coyotes since Raffi Torres has been reinstated. Hossa has a big game. Kaner, Hossa, and company too tough. The Coyotes only way to win is to play a grinding ugly game. O/U max juiced 5 and 5.5 everywhere leads me to believe the Blackhawks take this.

CarpeDime

nino i was really loving blackhawks too for same reasons

so, WHY DID THE LINE MOVE like it has, pretty strongly in phoe's favor???

input please! should i still go big on blackhawks??

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Just a historically bad match up for the Wild.
    Like all 3 wagers. However Canucks lost six of their last eight visits in Minnesota - I'd be very cautious with this game man.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

nino i was really loving blackhawks too for same reasons

so, WHY DID THE LINE MOVE like it has, pretty strongly in phoe's favor???

input please! should i still go big on blackhawks??
    Losher, there has been weird line movement and RLM with Phoenix all season. It happened the first time they met this year and twice when they played the Dallas Stars. Honestly, I have grown to ignore it when it comes to the Yotes. Mike Smith has played 2 great home games in a row against Dallas and Minnesota, but he faced 17 shots and 22 shots respectively. The Blackhawks will pepper him with shots. I believe the total is telling. If it was 5, that would scare me a lot. At 5.5, hit the Blackhawks. You're getting the best team in hockey on the road on rest in a revenge game against a weak offensive team. The Coyotes will have to play ugly lock down hockey and Smith will need to stand on his head. It's not a pound play, but I'm comfortable with a 2 unit play here.

BOL, Losher
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave El Nino 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Like all 3 wagers. However Canucks lost six of their last eight visits in Minnesota - I'd be very cautious with this game man.
    Minnesota looks very disorganized offensively. Power Play is not smooth. Backstrom is playing well and that and Parise are the only players keeping them in winnable games. I hope they win, but I don't see it. I would lean under. 3-1 Canucks.

BOL, Rocketeer

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Minnesota looks very disorganized offensively. Power Play is not smooth.
    Very true...I'm actually very surprised how bad they look with all that talent that they got. We'll see if that line shuffling will do them any good tonight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Very true...I'm actually very surprised how bad they look with all that talent that they got. We'll see if that line shuffling will do them any good tonight.
    Yeah, they did not look motivated when I saw them Monday. Even Clutterbuck wasn't flying around looking for hits like he usually does. Maybe they click and come out with some fire tonight.

CarpeDime

Losher, there has been weird line movement and RLM with Phoenix all season. It happened the first time they met this year and twice when they played the Dallas Stars. Honestly, I have grown to ignore it when it comes to the Yotes. Mike Smith has played 2 great home games in a row against Dallas and Minnesota, but he faced 17 shots and 22 shots respectively. The Blackhawks will pepper him with shots. I believe the total is telling. If it was 5, that would scare me a lot. At 5.5, hit the Blackhawks. You're getting the best team in hockey on the road on rest in a revenge game against a weak offensive team. The Coyotes will have to play ugly lock down hockey and Smith will need to stand on his head. It's not a pound play, but I'm comfortable with a 2 unit play here.

BOL, Losher
    thanks pal!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

thanks pal!
    No prob. I'm right on so far today. Could be a 3-0 night

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Fukking Minnesota man ...time for a coaching change

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

thanks pal!
    Thanks for the points, Losher! We were on the right side of that Blackhawks game, pal!

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Congrats to the 3 - 0 night. I had blackhawks -1 1/2 (3.60 odds ) and Penguins -1 1/2, but unfortunately I got a brain tumor and bet on Minnesota tonight, what a lame team.
    Best of luck, 1 game tonight, any leans?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by jontebond View Post
    Congrats to the 3 - 0 night. I had blackhawks -1 1/2 (3.60 odds ) and Penguins -1 1/2, but unfortunately I got a brain tumor and bet on Minnesota tonight, what a lame team.Best of luck, 1 game tonight, any leans?
    Thanks, pal I saw you had a good night too. Yeah, Minny is in a bad funk. Suter looks lost out there. No preseason really hurt the defense. They are on autofade status until further notice.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

YTD
    10-10 +1.76u

Early lean on Anaheim, but waiting for starting goalie info and line movement.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Congrats El Nino on last night...glad to see u back in the positive territory

First 12345 ... Last