alexknyc
    alexknyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17998

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    Don't want to cause too much more work for you guys but I think that some sort of compilation summary would help a lot of people out, when they are deciding whether to try out this system.

As of this moment I'm still unclear about how profitable this system was in the past 4 years, and I could do the work myself to find out, but again I think it would be really nice for a lot of people if it were put together somewhere.
    Besides the fact that the information you're looking for is readily available with about 30 seconds of reading, once again, you want someone else to do it for you.

Why is it you can't do the work yourself or do the reading you need to do to find the answers you want?

Stop acting like you're a victim of the mean people who won't do what you want them to do for you.

TechnicalTrader
    Empty your mind... be water my friend!
    TechnicalTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

Here we go. I will attempt to be helpful without asking for anything in return. Something certain people in this thread seem to have issues with...

If you guys need any SDQL work done, let me know. Again, I am still learning but maybe I can contribute in a positive way.

There's one thing I hate more than leaches; leaches who disguise themselves as licorice!

Now let's see this system perform!

Maple_Buds
    Maple_Buds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Likewise, for someone with 48 posts in 4 months you sure are spending a lot of time here posting nothing of value.

At least I'm politely trying learn and offer suggestions, even though I'm met by people who offer nothing but sarcasm and rude corrections.
    You have some sort of social disorder. Can you just go a away please?

danhimal
    danhimal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 0-0A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss:0A(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 0

v1 Fades
    (A) 0-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0
    Losses: None

v2 Plays
    (A) 0-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/25/16):
    #1LCarolina (+1½) @ DetroitLv1l(A)L(7:35 pm EDT)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #4197 & #4198.
    Last edited by danhimal; 10-25-16 at 04:29 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Stryder gave danhimal 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

boycali01 gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

skyscrapers gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jturn49 gave danhimal 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Maple_Buds

Nice! Good luck everybody! Canes +1.5 it is!

danhimal

Postings are typically earlier, give me some time as I get this acclimated into my schedule.
    Last edited by danhimal; 10-25-16 at 04:47 PM.

MrHappy
    MrHappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Thanks for doing this.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

As Trevor Denman would say....
    "And away they go!"

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall
    gadzooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by alexknyc View Post
    Why is it you can't do the work yourself or do the reading you need to do to find the answers you want?
    Grr. Obviously I missed the end of the posts that said where the info I wanted was held. Had I seen that, I wouldn't have made the post. Put 2 and 2 together, bro.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be betting a little on this system this season as well.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39224

Grr. Obviously I missed the end of the posts that said where the info I wanted was held. Had I seen that, I wouldn't have made the post. Put 2 and 2 together, bro.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be betting a little on this system this season as well.
    Look "BRO", you're really getting on my nerves. If you missed it fine, but next time try asking if it's posted rather than acting like a douchebag, and insinuating that I don't run things properly, or update such illiterates as yourself, more often than I do, which is already EVERY DAY. Apparently this system isn't for you, so move on. There are plenty of others systems and threads that you can try to change, so go find them. At this point, you are nothing more than a troll.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TechnicalTrader

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    Look "BRO", you're really getting on my nerves. If you missed it fine, but next time try asking if it's posted rather than acting like a douchebag, and insinuating that I don't run things properly, or update such illiterates as yourself, more often than I do, which is already EVERY DAY. Apparently this system isn't for you, so move on. There are plenty of others systems and threads that you can try to change, so go find them. At this point, you are nothing more than a troll.
    Did you read my PM?

I was trying to be polite not a douchebag. Sorry if you read it that way.

Wallco99

If you thing calling someone a dick on several occasions in a PM is polite, then you are more of an idiot than I originally thought.
    Crooked Hillary could use you on her campaign, you would fit right in with your spin.

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 830

thankyou

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    SystemlProfit/Loss: 0A(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1A(-2.35 units)

(10/25/16):
    #1LCarolina (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 0-1
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 0-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/26/16):
    #1LResumes v1l(B) on 10/27/16
    #2LMontreal @ N.Y. Islanders (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(7:05 pm EDT)
    #3LWashington (M/L)@ EdmontonLv1l(A)L(9:35 pm EDT)

Note: The lines I have listed were the currentlines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used todetermine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper lineif different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I havelisted below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you aresure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blueis the team we are betting on, regardless of v1or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss ifyou play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you wouldhave won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always playthe M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105),and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALLresults will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you maywant to wait till closer to game time to place your wager so you know whetheror not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line(+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team withyour individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switchesfrom a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure youget the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins andlosses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #4197& #4198.
    Points Awarded:

TechnicalTrader gave danhimal 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Stryder gave danhimal 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MrHappy

I blame gadzooks on the 0-3 A bet start for not shutting the hell up and rambling on about crap that literally nobody cares about. 2 pages of absolute dribble is a little excessive. Can we please get back to the function of this thread, making money.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: doctrepp

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I blame gadzooks on the 0-3 A bet start for not shutting the hell up and rambling on about crap that literally nobody cares about. 2 pages of absolute dribble is a little excessive. Can we please get back to the function of this thread, making money.
    Posts like this is what keeps this BS going. I thought everything was going to be over-with at post #5482. But nope. I also had no plans to post on this topic again after #5506, until your brilliant post.

Then again this entire silly thing would have never started if my questions were taken seriously to begin with. I came in here politely seeking simple answers from people who I guessed would be the most qualified to answer, but turns out handling that like a human being was too difficult for them. So yes I called them out and would again ten times out of ten.

MrHappy

Actually what you did Hillary was ask other people to do the work for you when it is freely available in the very first post. Which was fine, until you dragged it on for 2 pages. I'm absolutely certain you still don't know the rules and still expect people to backtest your results on a modified system. Maybe what you don't understand is every year, in every system, in every sport, is people come along and ask to backtest their modified system. It gets tiresome. This thread is for this system. If you have ideas or another system of your own then start the appropriate thread. Your attempt to hijack this thread will not be taken kindly after years of success. Unfortunately for me I'm sure I'm just continually feeding the troll as you won't shut the hell up about how your "whittle" feelings have been hurt. No one cares, we're here to make money and have fun. You're directly detracting from both of those things.

Wallco99

Hi all, I'm fairly new to sports betting and I have a few questions after looking over this system and thread.

1) Wallco, how did you come up with this system? Or a more general question, how does anyone come up with a system like this? For example, for v1, did you just think to yourself "hmm perhaps it is profitable to bet against teams that have been on a 3 game winning streak because streaks aren't sustainable / players get tired" and then start testing it? Or is there more to it?

2) Is this system something of a perfect version, or could minor tweaks yield unknown (perhaps even more profitable) results? For example, adjusting v1 or v2 to look for winning / losing streaks of 2 or 4 rather than 3. Or adjusting the amount of games we chase a profit (from 3 to X). Or perhaps not counting a shootout win towards a win streak, just as a wacky example.

3) What are the chances sports books have seen this thread and are now adjusting their odds to make this system less profitable?

4) What are the chances there are very simple "systems" out there that are profitable? As some nutty examples that probably aren't profitable (but in my mind, could be): Betting on every underdog listed above +130 all season long, or betting on every team whose previous game was a shutout, or betting on every team whose previous game was a win as an underdog, etc.

Sorry if my questions are dumb, but again I'm new and I'm trying to get a grasp of how everything works. Thanks!

Posts like this is what keeps this BS going. I thought everything was going to be over-with at post #5482. But nope. I also had no plans to post on this topic again after #5506, until your brilliant post.

Then again this entire silly thing would have never started if my questions were taken seriously to begin with. I came in here politely seeking simple answers from people who I guessed would be the most qualified to answer, but turns out handling that like a human being was too difficult for them. So yes I called them out and would again ten times out of ten.
    OK, let's analyze and give "simple" answers to these questions that he, himself, calls dumb, but still wants serious responses to. Hopefully this will get him on his way to further research.

1.) Rephrased: Why are we born? Does each one of us have our own individual mission in this world for which divine happiness is the end result?

Gosh, that is a tough one, and simple by no means. Even when the Lord came to me to share the criteria for the NHL Gold System, this topic was never discussed. I did ask him, but he quickly pivoted to the "teach people to fish" topic, which at the time made no sense, but now clearly does. Perhaps a bishop, cardinal, or even the pope himself, would like to chime in here to help solve this dilemma. Are there any clergy in the thread?

2.) See question above.

Yes, there are lots of tweaks to this system that would make people more money. But I deliberately left them out because I don't want the system to be too successful, or make too much money. We don't want to make ALL the profit in this thread, we want to save some of the winnings for the other systems in this forum. The thirteen suggestions you made can all be tested by you, in your free time, in the "gadzooks systems of the week" thread which I so generously set up for you. But be careful what you find, because no one in here will be very pleased if they make more money.

3.) See question above.

I felt 63:1 was a very fair estimate, although it is probably more like 66:1. But I was just being conservative. Perhaps you can call Vegas and get a more accurate assessment, or better yet, avoid asking such stupid questions in the future if you don't want stupid answers.

4.) Rephrased: Do you think there is life on other planets? Do you think they have the capability of seeing us from where they are? Do I sound like I came from one of these places?

Well, yes you do. And yet another example of what you can do in the "gadzooks systems of the week" thread.

I hope this clears everything up. I probably should have read these questions a little more thoroughly the first time, and realized their importance to this thread. I will get right to work on testing every theory presented here, and will get back to everyone the second I am done.
    Points Awarded:

Stryder gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TechnicalTrader

Wallco99

OK, I am done with my testing, and getting back to everyone as I promised.

Maple_Buds

gadzooks why can't you just stfu and start your own thread? holy shit! are you like this in the real world? people must f-ing hate you. Shit.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Maple_Buds View Post
    gadzooks why can't you just stfu and start your own thread? holy shit! are you like this in the real world? people must f-ing hate you. Shit.
    He's in bed, resting up for his 2:00 AM EDT rant.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    SystemlProfit/Loss: 0A(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 3A(-5.25 units)

(10/26/16):
    #2LN.Y. Islanders (M/L)Lv1l(A) - Loss
    #3LWashington (M/L)Lv1l(A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 0-3
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 0-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/27/16):
    #1LDetroit @ St. Loius (M/L)Lv1l(B)L(8:05 pm EDT)
    #2LTampa Bay (+1½) @ MontrealLv1l(B)L(7:35 pm EDT)
    #4LNashville (+1½)@ Los AngelesLv1l(A)L(10:35pm EDT)

#3LResumes v1l(B) on 10/28/16

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite.
    The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early,you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105),and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait till closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line(+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.
    System rules and back test can be found in posts #4197& #4198.
    Last edited by danhimal; 10-27-16 at 01:40 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Wallco99 gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

boycali01
    boycali01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4226

tb -1.5 now 5dimes

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33882

Quote Originally Posted by boycali01 View Post
    tb -1.5 now 5dimes
    you have to find the alternate PL for TB then

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

I don't know how you twisted my questions into totally unrelated subjects. If I were to rephrase them, since the original way was too complex for you to understand:

1) What is a good way to begin making a system? Reason for asking: I'd like to try to make my own system.
    2) To what degree have you tested tweaks to this system? Reason for asking: Maybe I could contribute by building onto your system in some way.
    3) Since this thread has so many views we can assume sportsbooks have seen it. Why would/wouldn't they adjust their odds when there is a play to avoid all of us taking money from them? Reason for asking: There could be a downside to making systems public.
    4) Are profitable systems really hard to find/make, or do you think that fairly simple ones could be found? Reason for asking: Should I be looking on a simple scale or complex scale

Maybe that does something to clear up what I'm asking and why I was asking it. These answers aren't easily found by oneself, but can be easily answered by someone who has a lot of experience. I'm not asking anyone to do much work for me at all. I just want to create a system / contribute to NHL betting, so I asked these questions. I didn't expect to get met with such sarcasm and resistance. But maybe that's the way the community operates here, who knows.

Wallco99

I don't know how you twisted my questions into totally unrelated subjects. If I were to rephrase them, since the original way was too complex for you to understand:

1) What is a good way to begin making a system? Reason for asking: I'd like to try to make my own system.
    2) To what degree have you tested tweaks to this system? Reason for asking: Maybe I could contribute by building onto your system in some way.
    3) Since this thread has so many views we can assume sportsbooks have seen it. Why would/wouldn't they adjust their odds when there is a play to avoid all of us taking money from them? Reason for asking: There could be a downside to making systems public.
    4) Are profitable systems really hard to find/make, or do you think that fairly simple ones could be found? Reason for asking: Should I be looking on a simple scale or complex scale

Maybe that does something to clear up what I'm asking and why I was asking it. These answers aren't easily found by oneself, but can be easily answered by someone who has a lot of experience. I'm not asking anyone to do much work for me at all. I just want to create a system / contribute to NHL betting, so I asked these questions. I didn't expect to get met with such sarcasm and resistance. But maybe that's the way the community operates here, who knows.
    Behind the barn, in a bucket, is where I left it. Just take a flashlight because it is pretty dark, and the raccoons are thick at night.

gadzooks
    nice to meet yall

I've wasted enough time here. I see now that I was wrong to assume you were a helpful person, because you instead choose to berate newcomers. GL
    Last edited by gadzooks; 10-27-16 at 09:00 PM.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    Behind the barn, in a bucket, is where I left it. Just take a flashlight because it is pretty dark, and the raccoons are thick at night.
    Mmmmm.......raccoon....

Raccoon Stew
    • 1 raccoon, cleaned, skinned and quartered
    • pepper to taste (heavy is recommended)
    • 4 cups water
    • 2 onions, quartered or diced
    • 2 turnips, cubed
    • 1 stalk celery, diced
    • 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced in chunks or cubed
    • salt

In a large pot, place the meat and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour. Remove meat and allow to cool. Discard water. Remove meat from bones and cut into 1″ – 2″ cubes. Sprinkle liberally with pepper. Add meat back to pot and add fresh water, carrots, celery and potatoes. Season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until veggies are tender. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve and enjoy!

Wallco99

I've wasted enough time here. I see now that I was wrong to assume you were a helpful person, because you instead choose to berate newcomers. GL
    Adios, Hombre!

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 1-0
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +1 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    Current Open Series: 3
    A(-17.60 units)

(10/27/16):
    #1LSt. Loius (M/L)Lv1l(B) - Loss
    #2L
    Tampa Bay (+1½)Lv1l(B) - Loss
    #4L
    Nashville (+1½)Lv1l(A)- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 1-3
    (B) 0-2
    (C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 0-0
    (B) 0-0
    (C) 0-0

Games for (10/28/16):
    #3LEdmonton @ Vancouver (+1½)Lv1l(B)L(10:05 pm EDT)
    #5LN.Y Rangers @ Carolina (+1½)Lv1l(A)L(7:35pm EDT)

#1LResumes v1l(C) on 10/29/16
    #2LResumes v1l(C) on 10/29/16

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite.
    The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait till closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line(+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.
    System rules and back test can be found in posts #4197& #4198.
    Last edited by danhimal; 10-28-16 at 12:47 PM.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Just to make sure are we betting Vancouver money line or +1.5?

Wallco99

Van +1.5. It clearly says that. Please read the rules at the bottom of the plays post. If you do, you will see that you would not have needed to ask that question.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 10-28-16 at 07:53 AM.

Reeseta
    Reeseta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 909

Carolina is a B bet right? we lost A

Wallco99

I think the current open series should be: 3A(-13.10 units)

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Reeseta View Post
    Carolina is a B bet right? we lost A
    No, that is a different series. Please pay attention to the series #'s associated with the plays. We have not yet had a play for series #5.

First ... 155156157158159160161 ... Last