TJ14
    TJ14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Invented new bet type

Hello guys,

I am reffering to you to get some suggestions about my issue.

I invented a new type of bet.

What should I do next? Can I get it patented? Should I just contact some bookies?

Is there any way I could get anything out of it?

Thank you for your help

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

I invented the prop on length of time for the Super Bowl National Anthem.

went for fun to some books in the early days 20 years ago, and they started posting it! We had been doing it at parties for 5 years or so anyway.

well I did not get anything but like that DR PEpper commercial guy I know I started it all!

not sure how serious you are, ideas kept as trade secrets or turned to patents are just that worthless (filing a provisional or your application depending on who you use might be $7000 - $15000 depending on complexity of claims and background) unless you can have a business plan its hard to say your best move.

One thing emerging is people computer programing their owns special bets (usually love vig) and using bitcoins as the funding, there are forums with some examples. That is a trend that will continue but not sure you want to run an actual game that has all sorts of problems.

Sign a 2 way CDA with anyone you talk to if you really think you have something.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave trytrytry 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave trytrytry 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bhoor gave trytrytry 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bullock
    bullock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    One thing emerging is people computer programing their owns special bets (usually love vig) and using bitcoins as the funding, there are forums with some examples. That is a trend that will continue but not sure you want to run an actual game that has all sorts of problems.
    Interesting, could you write something more about it?

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Sign a 2 way CDA with anyone you talk to if you really think you have something.
    I can't give legal advice on the issue but consider the above comment.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

working for years with the Fantasy sports trade association and such you might want to talk to someone, but I also know intellectual lawyers ... I can say it would be VERY difficult unless you made the entire premise of the bet an individual concept. WIthout that it's just a piece that has zero chance of any compensation.

A CDA is honestly, fking useless. That's the people who don't know anything - it's talking to someone who you know could give a sht about you or your bet, just how they can make money on the legal aspect. I work in product development, this isn't fking aspirin. It's a concept that you can't do sht about except help it gain some momentum on its own. PM me if you want anything further.