Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

A few interesting things I have noticed recently betting:

Assuming you have a high consistent win%
    It pays to bet big! Fewer high probability bets 10-30% of your bankroll may have its up and downs but if your picks are winners it pays off. Stay away from the sexy games, trap lines/props..go for the easy overlooked ones the bookie is trying to hide.

Have been hitting at around 60-70% of my bets using a variety of sources, my own and live betting. Granted i am using some amazing picks not my own, i have noticed more profits betting less games for more $...

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    It pays to bet big! Fewer high probability bets 10-30% of your bankroll may have its up and downs but if your picks are winners it pays off. Stay away from the sexy games, trap lines/props..go for the easy overlooked ones the bookie is trying to hide.
    Then you have a bad streak and go bust because you're staking too much. This is one of the oldest dilemmas in sportsbetting.

10% is far, far too much.

Hu$tle

I agree, there is winning and losing streaks. But this strategy is not for those who lose almost as much as they win volume wise. I found personally betting high volume daily would get me waxed compared to 3-5 max best set ups so to speak.

The most important reason I try to bet is to make money and high % picks + aggressive $ bets is the answer.

What I have found to be damaging is double or tripling down all on one correlated outcome, hoping for the homerun win that wipes out.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

I agree, there is winning and losing streaks. But this strategy is not for those who lose almost as much as they win volume wise. I found personally betting high volume daily would get me waxed compared to 3-5 max best set ups so to speak.

The most important reason I try to bet is to make money and high % picks + aggressive $ bets is the answer.

What I have found to be damaging is double or tripling down all on one correlated outcome, hoping for the homerun win that wipes out.
    You sound squarer than square.

SlapYaMama
    SlapYaMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

A few interesting things I have noticed recently betting:

Assuming you have a high consistent win%

Have been hitting at around 60-70% of my bets using a variety of sources, my own and live betting. Granted i am using some amazing picks not my own, i have noticed more profits betting less games for more $...
    I use 5-15% of my bankroll and hovering over 72% accuracy. I agree with the less games more money theory.

Redwing41
    Redwing41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by SlapYaMama View Post
    I use 5-15% of my bankroll and hovering over 72% accuracy. I agree with the less games more money theory.
    I cant agree with you more. The only thing is you need to have enough games to level out the swings. Otherwise if you have only 70 games you are at more risk than one that plays 300 games. Playing on 50 -70 only games if you get above the expect growth or profit you should just start flat betting. If you have 300 games, continue, provided that you keep the percentage and odds the same.

Can I ask what are you doing to get 72% and at what odds? I been get 85% on one specific bet but only about 65% in MLB, NBA and NCAAB. I would like to add something.. live betting or future betting to my arsenal. Politics? e sports? competitive eating? WNBA? Tennis?

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

Don't even know where to start here. I strongly encourage you to read posts from around 2005-2009 to save yourself some money and frustration.

Snoman
    Snoman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

You can't just ignore math all of a sudden OP...

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

What are you guys doing wrong that you are hitting 72% and 85% on your wagers. I am winning 105% of my wagers.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

are you on a 1-1000 scale?

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Better to rank my sarcasm on that scale than my win %. If anyone is consistently hitting 60-85% (ATS) over a long period of time (meaning a lot of bets), they are the first. If it is over a short period of time (meaning few bets) then who cares?

Wilder2016
    Wilder2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Ha, if you are a long term 60% bettor and you can get down 1/8 kelly, you will be a billionaire before long.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Wake up like a douche in the middle of the night!

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if you did hit bets at -110 odds like you say mathematically you still go on a losing streak that just kills your roll betting that big.

Also, the more wagers the less the variance. Take your edges and you will profit long term. If you have a small BR and are just trying to run it up and have the ability to reload with another small bankroll then sure you can be aggressive to try to build it.

Hu$tle

Gentleman,....I was on a heater... I take this thread back

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Gentleman,....I was on a heater... I take this thread back
    It takes one quite some time to realize that bookies can not be beat after all. No substitute to hard work.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Then you have a bad streak and go bust because you're staking too much. This is one of the oldest dilemmas in sportsbetting.

10% is far, far too much.
    What he said

omedo
    omedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4192

So no one uses Kelly Criterion or some variant of that, successsfully?