Reno Gambler
    Reno Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Need stat info

I have a friend that is helping me making a system for football. He knows code and is willing to help. I know the usual stats, but would like some that could put me over to the winning side

Thanks

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Turnover differential (negatively correlated).

Reno Gambler
    Reno Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

thanks

Jupiter333
    Jupiter333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1644

Database

Sportsdatabase and killersports are both free databases with a considerable amount of statistical parameters available.

Many stats after week 4 regress to the mean.

As mentioned, turnover differential is negatively correlated,....betting against the team with past turnover advantage is the percentage play. Playing ON a team with the turnover disadvantage, off a loss, in weeks 5-15 has a 55% cover rate the past 25+ years.

Here is the query text for inputting at the above listed websites:

tA(TOM)-oA(TOM)>.5 and 16>week>4 and p:L

Playing ON regression to the mean tends to work best in the NFL for Sunday day games and not as well for MNF, SNF and TNF games.

Putting together a database is a huge undertaking, good luck is you decide to put it all together.
    Last edited by Jupiter333; 09-05-15 at 01:19 AM.

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Honestly get your friend to help you with MLB much better use of time. NFL isnt very difficult. Just fade the public over 75% take teams after blowouts and those that allowed 40+ pts in last game.

arwar
    arwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1544

NFLstats

i concur with Mr Emancipator - a 16 game season does not provide sufficient data for trend analysis. a 162 game baseball season definitely offers trend possibilities. Baseball Prospectus is only $5 a month and they have stats on every minor league player in the system. must cappers neglect to include this in their calcs, especially after the rosters expand on Sept 1. it's tricky to follow because the trades are behind the scenes. several years ago i proved that a player (gambler) can consistently make 10% a month ROI playing scalps on baseball arbs. but you have to be willing to watch the lines 10 hrs a day 7 days a week at multiple books, maintain accounts at all of them, avoid pitfalls like betting the same side of the scalp in the heat of the moment, or having one side of a play get canceled by the book for whatever reason. there is a scalp calulator in the SBR tools but it is useless in real time since any book wiill be suspicious when you try to get action like $128.34 on a play. but it can be done without arising suspicion. many times a play is a PUSH and when it wins (it never loses except as mentioned above) it may only return 1-1.5% per play, but it can be done. i have probably received 100 requests for people wanting me to code them a program that tracks the lines and then automatically logs them in and places their wagers. but every book is different and has different protocols on accepting wagers (PWs, pins, etc). enough - adderall makes me ramble.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by arwar View Post
    i concur with Mr Emancipator - a 16 game season does not provide sufficient data for trend analysis. a 162 game baseball season definitely offers trend possibilities. Baseball Prospectus is only $5 a month and they have stats on every minor league player in the system. must cappers neglect to include this in their calcs, especially after the rosters expand on Sept 1. it's tricky to follow because the trades are behind the scenes. several years ago i proved that a player (gambler) can consistently make 10% a month ROI playing scalps on baseball arbs. but you have to be willing to watch the lines 10 hrs a day 7 days a week at multiple books, maintain accounts at all of them, avoid pitfalls like betting the same side of the scalp in the heat of the moment, or having one side of a play get canceled by the book for whatever reason. there is a scalp calulator in the SBR tools but it is useless in real time since any book wiill be suspicious when you try to get action like $128.34 on a play. but it can be done without arising suspicion. many times a play is a PUSH and when it wins (it never loses except as mentioned above) it may only return 1-1.5% per play, but it can be done. i have probably received 100 requests for people wanting me to code them a program that tracks the lines and then automatically logs them in and places their wagers. but every book is different and has different protocols on accepting wagers (PWs, pins, etc). enough - adderall makes me ramble.
    Can you elaborate on the bold part? Also where can I get some adderall

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33754

^
    I'm on aderall for my ADHD, gettng script for years, how much you need?

To the OP, I find myself on numberfire.com several times a week, good projecton information there, good data.