Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Who can tell me where I can learn how to make an algorithm to pump out winners

Very interested in this.

I am trying to get in deep with the sabermetrics and analytics

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

In my opinion more money has been lost picking "winners" than any other method.

If you could pick a winner every time (impossible), then it would be about picking winners. Once you have to account for losing picks then it comes down to do you collect more on your winners than you lose on your losers. This translates into odds and getting value for your wagers. Just because some method selects a team as the "winner" does not mean that you will be able to get good value for a wager on that team. In fact, most would probably be getting better value wagering on the opposing team.

Joe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10504

Algorithms need input. You have to figure out which inputs will translate into a consistent result.
    It's hard to input a teams emotional contribution to the game. Just look at the Philly's when they had their dog
    run. Who would've thought they would win all those games as big dogs?

I keep emphasizing this time and time again, the books know what they are doing. You trying to figure or cap the
    games is doing nothing but wasting your time. Believe me, I've done it.

Just like the stock market, pick winning stocks and jump on winning teams.

yak merchant
    yak merchant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6170

Quote Originally Posted by u21c3f6 View Post
    In my opinion more money has been lost picking "winners" than any other method.

If you could pick a winner every time (impossible), then it would be about picking winners. Once you have to account for losing picks then it comes down to do you collect more on your winners than you lose on your losers. This translates into odds and getting value for your wagers. Just because some method selects a team as the "winner" does not mean that you will be able to get good value for a wager on that team. In fact, most would probably be getting better value wagering on the opposing team.

Joe.
    I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

You need data and a way to calculate the data. If you think you have some winning formula let me know. I can get any data you want. I have every pitch thrown in the last 8 years on my website database, over 6 million pitches. I can give you any information you want including any sabermetric calculations. The hardest part is knowing what data to look for to give you an advantage. If someone has a formula, I have the data.

BTBFFF
    Update your status
    BTBFFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Hey,

I do not have enough points to PM you. Could you please send me your email? I am looking for specific data historically and for the past 2 years it has given me an edge.

Thank you.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

If you have to ask, you can't do it.