jeffjam_
    jeffjam_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4483

Stake calculator

Does anyone know about any calculator that will calculate the required stake based on expected win and odds? Possibly even android app? Books usually have To win option but not all of them do. Thanks.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

and you would accurately estimate your edge how exactly?

jeffjam_

That's not what I am looking for, LT. Just need a simple calculater that tells me what stake I need to wager to win one unit given the odds. For example, I enter odds say 2, expected win say 1 and it calculates, that I need to wager 1.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You would think this would be a simple find, but even I couldn't find a quick one.

It is just as easy to build your own, or even use a good old fashioned basic calculator. If decimal odds are greater than 2, simple formula is 1/(odds -1). So if odds are 2.25, simply do 1/1.25 = 0.80 stake

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I have a formula for this on excel, in fact you can do it on your own, it is very simple. I don't know how to upload the excel file.

Play around with excel, it can do many magical things!

jeffjam_

Yeah I thought it would be an easy find as well, didn't happen. Anyway, it seems I will have to do it by hand. Thought, there would be an mobile app because I often place my bet via MP and using simple calculator isn't as easy. Anyway, thanks.