GSoro
    GSoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 802

Creating your own point spreads...

I'm interested in how different people come up with their own point spreads in all sports but more specifically in the NFL.....anyone willing to share?

For me I get a point margin average of both teams previous opponents to get a strength of schedule and then depending on if they are home or away I add that margin to it. I also take the turnover margin average from the last 3 games and times it by 3.5. If it's a positive turnover margin I subtract the points and vice versa, how about you guys?

flsaders85
    flsaders85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5253

I'll just say turnovers have been proven to be random in NFL. There is no predicatability to turnovers or turnover margin. They are defeinitely worth points when you look back at a box score, but you cannot predict turnovers with any degree of accuracy.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

i usually take turnovers out of the game to get a score if teams commited an equal amout of turnovers

a turnover in the nfl imo is worth 7-8 points

GSoro
    GSoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 802

Quote Originally Posted by flsaders85 View Post
    I'll just say turnovers have been proven to be random in NFL. There is no predicatability to turnovers or turnover margin. They are defeinitely worth points when you look back at a box score, but you cannot predict turnovers with any degree of accuracy.
    Yeah that's why I try to take away points if its a positive turnover margin & vice versa to get a more accurate idea of how the game 'should' have played out. But yeah I totally agree