Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Daily download stats

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site (paid or free) that has nightly downloads available in CSV or db-dump format? I'm already scraping the data myself, but I'd love to find a reliable source to offload the work to for. Ideally, it would be one site for all major sports, but any sources would be great.

I'd be surprised if something like this doesn't already exist, but so far my research has turned up nothing reliable. Or maybe everyone else doesn't hate scraping as much as I do?

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

I use cfbstats.com for college football. Tons and tons of data, all .csv format. It's a life-saver.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3132

gamblingdbs dot com

yak merchant
    yak merchant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6170

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    I use cfbstats.com for college football. Tons and tons of data, all .csv format. It's a life-saver.
    I use them also, but looks like it might not be free going forward.

Indecent

gamblingdbs was full of errors the last time I checked, but its cheap enough that it's worth a shot. Thanks guys

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    gamblingdbs was full of errors the last time I checked, but its cheap enough that it's worth a shot. Thanks guys
    I'll scrape the data for you if you want to pay for it

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

what stats

Indecent

I'm mostly looking for parsed play by play data, especially football and basketball. For basketball, it would ideally be broken down into 5v5 matchups, for tracking individual player performance, etc.

I'm already collecting this data, parsing it, and putting into my own schema. I just hate having to take the time to fix errors, update scrapers, etc. I'd gladly pay for the data, but it seems like no one actually offers play by play, at least as a nightly download.

It seems like box scores are good enough for most people?
    Last edited by Indecent; 08-04-14 at 06:45 PM.

yak merchant
    yak merchant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6170

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    I'm mostly looking for parsed play by play data, especially football and basketball. For basketball, it would ideally be broken down into 5v5 matchups, for tracking individual player performance, etc.

I'm already collecting this data, parsing it, and putting into my own schema. I just hate having to take the time to fix errors, update scrapers, etc. I'd gladly pay for the data, but it seems like no one actually offers play by play, at least as a nightly download.

It seems like box scores are good enough for most people?

CFBstats has gone pay, and it definitely isn't cheap. Way out of line for an individual "hobbyist". They think by pricing it that way they will extract the most money out of everyone as losing a few bucks because "hobbyists" won't pay the fee isn't that big a deal, when in reality they are going to piss some dork like me who is going to build a competing product and sell it at a fraction of their price. It will be tough to get it ready by the start of football, but PM me your requirements and maybe we can work something out.