thom321
    thom321's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4983

kingskib,

Sorry, only current odds can be retrieved. I agree that it would be great to get access to historical odds but given the amount of data that would mean, if Pinnacle kept it, I don't think they would give it away for free. As far as I know, Pinnacle does not provide any historical data.

Quote Originally Posted by kingskib View Post
    this would be excellent, if we could grab lines and results from a date range.

Again, I appreciate this tool you developed, Thom321! THANK YOU.

thom321

statnerds,

Glad you find/found it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    Wow, fantastic tool Thom, thanks.

thom321
    Points Awarded:

Raana gave thom321 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice

kingskib
    kingskib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

Quote Originally Posted by nase21 View Post
    I managed to figure it out. I changed the Microsoft XML back to V3.0 and I can import once again. Thanks!

Thanks again!

I tried using the new version of the workbook and got the same error at import odds. What were the steps you took to resolve this?

***EDIT***

I did some digging and changed :
    MSXML2.DOMDocument to MSXML2.DOMDocument60
    MSXML2.XMLHTTP to MSXML2.XMLHTTP60

and got passed the first error, but then receive:

"InputArray is not an array of simple types" OK

The sport drop down becomes blank and no new options can be selected.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am wondering if something has changed and affected for 2015 version. I am not longer getting values for elements such as moneyline_home1 or moneyline_visiting1, they just dont populate on the odds table sheet.

I had been using this (2015 version) without issue through June of this year, and now with football starting up I wanted to use it again.

***EDIT 2***
    THe output table must be missing the values I need because pinnicale does not have those values right now for those sports. I will assume my 2015 version is still working.

If someone can help wiht the "InputArray" error that would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by kingskib; 08-24-16 at 11:40 AM. Reason: additional items added.

kingskib

I have managed to resolve the issues I was having. Admins can delete my above post.

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Anybody know if that statfair link is gna work for football ?

Kyle_Smile
    Kyle_Smile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Scores on settled games

Hi thom321

I really like the work you’ve done and highly appreciate that you make it available to the public.
    However for my need I would also require the game scores (to define if a bet has been won or lost). As far as I’ve seen Pinnacle is offering scores in the “Get Settled Fixtures” service (which kinda fits into the historic data request)

I’m going to look into this topic in the next few days, therefore I was wondering if you could give me a hint which sections need to be adapted.

Thanks in advance
    Kyle Smile

thom321

Kyle_Smile,

Unfortunately, this workbook does not use Pinnacles API in any way. It uses the free xml file with current odds that Pinnacle makes available to anyone. The API requires authentication which can be a bit tricky to get right. The API also uses JSON format rather than xml so it is a completely different process in parsing it.

If I were to create something that you suggest, I would start from scratch and work on getting the authentication working. Once you have that working, maybe is would be possible to use the Input sheet to select sports and leagues but I don't know enough about the structure of the API to provide a good answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. That said, the API has a lot more potential than my existing workbook so for some who is serious about automating part of the process of gathering data, placing and checking bets, I think it is a good idea to have a look at Pinnacle's API.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Smile View Post
    Hi thom321

I really like the work you’ve done and highly appreciate that you make it available to the public.
    However for my need I would also require the game scores (to define if a bet has been won or lost). As far as I’ve seen Pinnacle is offering scores in the “Get Settled Fixtures” service (which kinda fits into the historic data request)

I’m going to look into this topic in the next few days, therefore I was wondering if you could give me a hint which sections need to be adapted.

Thanks in advance
    Kyle Smile
    Points Awarded:

Raana gave thom321 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Raana

Kyle_Smile
    Kyle_Smile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Hey thom321
    thank you very much for your quick response and clarification.

I guess I ll need to go down another route in that case
    Kyle Smile

jeffjam_
    jeffjam_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4483

Seems like pinny shut down xml.pinnaclesports.com cause macro is no longer working.

Anyone capable of doing the same via
    https://www.pinnacle.com/en/api/manual

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

I was wondering the same. If anyone hears an answer from Pinnacle, please post.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Got a reply, they are replacing the xml feed with json...no details.

jeffjam_

seems like it is up and working again

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Looks like it is down for good now. Any thoughts?

thom321

Unfortunately, this seems like the end of the useful life of the workbook. It appears that the xml feed is down for good. While the new API that Pinnacle has created is certainly a big improvement, there are two big hurdles to overcome.
    1. It appears to me that to use the API, you need a funded account with Pinnacle.
    2. The data structure of JSON is very different from XML so it would require rewriting a lot of the code to get a working data feed into the workbook.

I do not have any time to spend on this but if someone is willing to take over the maintenance of the workbook, I am fine with that. You could take the workbook, rename it and claim it as yours if you agree to make it available to SBR users. I would be available to answer questions through PM if needed.

The biggest problem I see is the requirement to have a funded account (which is a problem if you are based in the US). The JSON API uses user specific authentication and I don't see any easy/allowed way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Looks like it is down for good now. Any thoughts?

bullock
    bullock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

If I understand it well, it's not possible to get odds for e. g. 5 sports at once plus you also need to get a list of fixtures to know what games are the odds for. So instead of 1 URL request you need 10 now

kingskib

this stinks :-(

portman
    portman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1098

how can i get access to pinnacle's odds in excel format?

Ezone
    Ezone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Please is there any site other than http://www.statsfair.com/pinnacle/ It seems it's not generating enough data.
    Thank you.

jeffjam_

thom, do you by any chance know how to obtain individual sports and leagues id which is one of the parameters required to do an API request? I just thought you needed it as well in your xml version.

Service Plays
    Service Plays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7389

thom321 thanks for the work you put into this. It was great to use. Any chance of putting together a .json file?

miltondelgadoaVT
    miltondelgadoaVT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This is why excel is usefull for! Great Work!

First 123