and guys think sports betting is going to get passed
    Maybe in jersey

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

[/COLOR]
    yes, sign a petition. Because unless you're 2,000 black kids in Missouri it'll be ignored

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    best news in a long time, can't stand fantasy geeks and the obnoxious commercials.
    Yah the commercials are true shit bags. And you cant watch sports without them in your face

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    yes, sign a petition. Because unless you're 2,000 black kids in Missouri it'll be ignored
    so true

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    NY Attorney General orders Fanduel, DraftKings to stop taking bets

Cease and and desist notice for Draft Kings and Fan Dual

Both companies are going to go bankrupt

I called it too
    I called it too and everyone said I was a hater.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Meanwhile the NYS Lottery and stock exchange are first pumping in the air in victory.

You can risk money that frozen orange juice might go up tomorrow, but you can't risk that Drew Brees will throw for 300+ yards and have a few Touchdowns.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

blueghost gave Kermit 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Just saw it too. Ridiculous. I also like how people claim that electing Democrats will get gambling legalized.
    Good assessment. Can we claim to be severely offended by this now so he and Cuomo will have to resign?
    Attached Images  

Kermit

I didn't realize Draftking's headquarters is in New York and they have a marketing partnership with Madison Square Garden along with some pro sports teams.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Good assessment. Can we claim to be severely offended by this now so he and Cuomo will have to resign?
    Hurry up, someone smear some shit on a wall in the shape of a pentagram.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would consider taking your money out before paypal gets frozen

Kermit

Meanwhile millions of grandmas are dumping 1000's of dollars a year on Bingo and the only skill involved is which lucky trinket or collectible they take with them to place next to their cards.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Hurry up, someone smear some shit on a wall in the shape of a pentagram.
    Suddenly losing my appetite. I might go on a hunger strike. Be sure to Retweet me and get the AG on the line to cater to me here will ya?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

draftday now blockin logins from NY IPs

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why would anyone be against this being legal?

Especially people from SBR, that, you know, gamble.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

FF is cheating. You have employees of one site betting on the other using data not available to the public. Martha Stewart went to jail for doing it. You can't escape the long arm of the law. It's a matter of principle and high moral values for me.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

My hope is that DFS's are lumped into the same boat as sports gambling and they with float or sink together - because I believe they'll float.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheGuesser

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

So true...

It always amazes me how the government can tell us how to spend our money and we wave our pom poms of freedom in the US. The biggest dig is that there is so much hypocrisy right in our face and we just take it. No gambling unless it's our state sanctioned lottery. No betting on games of chance but we take greater chances living with terrorist in our own cities. Don't put your money at offshore books while all these politicians hide most of their money in offshore havens.

The US is fukked up.

Meanwhile the NYS Lottery and stock exchange are first pumping in the air in victory.

You can risk money that frozen orange juice might go up tomorrow, but you can't risk that Drew Brees will throw for 300+ yards and have a few Touchdowns.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

dont compare nys or any other state lottery to dfs sites, i could be wrong but im pretty sure their profits are staying strictly in house. lotteries might not be the greatest and have their faults but at least their goal is to help.

NEW YORK LOTTERY'S MISSION
    WHERE THE MONEY GOES
    The New York Lottery contributed $3.11 billion in fiscal year 2014-2015 to help support public education in New York State, or 14 percent of total state education funding to local school districts. The New York Lottery continues to be North America's largest and most profitable Lottery, earning over $54.7 billion in education support statewide since its founding over 47 years ago.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    FF is cheating. You have employees of one site betting on the other using data not available to the public. Martha Stewart went to jail for doing it. You can't escape the long arm of the law. It's a matter of principle and high moral values for me.
    That's nonsense.

Plus, I usually just play heads-up, which is impossible to rig.

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    My hope is that DFS's are lumped into the same boat as sports gambling and they with float or sink together - because I believe they'll float.
    I believe you're wrong, but I hope you're right.

Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

The adverting killed them
    They have to advertise like crzy, they constantly need new marks to replace the average joes who realize its impossible for them to win and quit playing. I've heard there turnover is crazy

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the mother fukkers want to deregulate wall street and regulate everything else.

do you see the fukking problem here?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can you imagine major investors sweating it out now

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Can you imagine major investors sweating it out now
    Professional sports leagues have a ton of power and they will keep DFS around.

These guys will be around for a long time to come. Too much money involved to push them away. They will just have to grease some pockets.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Big well known companies have stakes in these sites. No chance they collapse.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Didn't New York try to tell the fckers how much soda they could consume too? Lol. Who the fck they think they is

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    dont compare nys or any other state lottery to dfs sites, i could be wrong but im pretty sure their profits are staying strictly in house. lotteries might not be the greatest and have their faults but at least their goal is to help.

WHERE THE MONEY GOES
    The New York Lottery contributed $3.11 billion in fiscal year 2014-2015 to help support public education in New York State, or 14 percent of total state education funding to local school districts. The New York Lottery continues to be North America's largest and most profitable Lottery, earning over $54.7 billion in education support statewide since its founding over 47 years ago.
    Regardless of what some of the money goes towards, it is still more chance gambling for players than those that are playing fantasy football.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Regardless of what some of the money goes towards, it is still more chance gambling for players than those that are playing fantasy football.
    Yes it is more chance gambling nobody is arguing that but it is legal ONLY because of where the money goes. DFS is for pure profit.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

This is just going to be bad for sports betting. having fantasy sports was a nice attention blocker away from the millions that are bet on sports. Get rid of that and then when all you guys who are cheering this are suddenly not getting your sports withdrawal checks in less then a month you'll be bit.ching. Ignorance

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Draftkings have finally got there uk license

They say should be up and running by December

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

lotteries might not be the greatest and have their faults but at least their goal is to help.

WHERE THE MONEY GOES
    Their first goal is to make money. After that, they don't give a damn about anything.

When they started a lottery in Florida, they promoted it by saying these hundreds of millions of dollars would help education. Then you know what they did? They took money out of the state budget, which had been allocated for schools, and spent that money elsewhere. So the lottery simply replaced funds that had been in the budget to begin with. Many years ago, Duval County, where Jacksonville is, received more than $30 million from the lottery; a few years, 2012 or '13, that had been slashed to something like $370,000.

Don't trust any politician . . . ever!

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

lotteries might not be the greatest and have their faults but at least their goal is to help.

WHERE THE MONEY GOES
    1) There are a lot of shitty schools in NY and they are as shitty as any other shitty schools in America, some more so.

2) Parents of kids at those shitty schools are clowns who pour significant portions of their income into lotteries; conversely, parents of children in good school systems - which tend to be wealthier - do not play the lottery. Lotteries prey on morons. And children of the moronic are not helped by lotteries.

Conclusion: complete tards play the lottery - state governments win.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    There will be a movie about these dumb fukks when they go broke finally. Spending hundreds of millions in advertising to wake ppl up and see how much they were making, scamming with their own employees, etc.
    I'm sure someones writing the script right now as we speak.
    They did over a billon contest last yr probably stole half these guys aren't broke they are laughing

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

Canada doesn't want you either

First 12345 Last