LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

As If There Was Any Doubt Who the REAL Coach of the Cavaliers Is...

David Blatt designed a play with LeBron James INBOUNDING the ball in the final seconds, and LeBron overruled him and made the winning shot. And that was after almost calling a timeout that Cleveland did not have.

Cavaliers coach David Blatt admitted that he "almost blew it" by trying to call a timeout the Cavs didn't have during Sunday's Game 4 road win, and his final play call was overruled by LeBron James.

Blatt drew up a play with LeBron inbounding the ball, which J.R. Smith said led to some "doubt" from the Cavs' players. LeBron was just as blunt with the media after hitting his game-winner at the buzzer, saying, "The play that was drawn up, I scratched it. I just told coach, 'Give me the ball.'" Blatt has faced criticism all year long and this is a major crisis of confidence with the Cavs fighting for a Conference Finals appearance, so it will be interesting to see how his team reacts at home on Tuesday.

Source: Mark Jones on Twitter

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    David Blatt designed a play with LeBron James INBOUNDING the ball in the final seconds, and LeBron overruled him and made the winning shot. And that was after almost calling a timeout that Cleveland did not have.

Cavaliers coach David Blatt admitted that he "almost blew it" by trying to call a timeout the Cavs didn't have during Sunday's Game 4 road win, and his final play call was overruled by LeBron James.

Blatt drew up a play with LeBron inbounding the ball, which J.R. Smith said led to some "doubt" from the Cavs' players. LeBron was just as blunt with the media after hitting his game-winner at the buzzer, saying, "The play that was drawn up, I scratched it. I just told coach, 'Give me the ball.'" Blatt has faced criticism all year long and this is a major crisis of confidence with the Cavs fighting for a Conference Finals appearance, so it will be interesting to see how his team reacts at home on Tuesday.

Source: Mark Jones on Twitter
    Yes. the Boston Herald has the same report today. LBJ told coach give me the ball. I will win it or we will go to OT, I am not inbounding the ball. LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

That guy Blatt is an idiot anyway. LOL. Go back to Europe.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Blatt is in over his head. Wrong guy to be coaching a man like LeBron. Would probably be better suited for a young team like the Sixers since he had no NBA head coaching experience before this year. That would at least be a job you could afford to have some "on the job training". When LeBron signed with the Cavs, Blatt was thrust into a position he was not prepared for. They need to let him go, and get LeBron's opinion on a new coach. LeBron has earned that right, and its important that all staff and players are on the same page.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Hey sometime the best player needs to say "give me the ball" Maybe it was reverse psychology to get the Lebron to man up and make a shot

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I guess the initial play was designed for J.R.?

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Lol what a worthless job

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I guess the initial play was designed for J.R.?
    Yeah, but even the players were questioning that one. Then Lebron spoke up. Funny how the team agreed with LBJ. LOL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron has coached that team from day 1 of the season

I think he will get fired end of year regardless if Cleve gets to finals

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Hey sometime the best player needs to say "give me the ball" Maybe it was reverse psychology to get the Lebron to man up and make a shot
    I could see that angle for the pre-ring lbj. Not applicable to the post ring lbj

The Alchemist
    Soul of the World.
    The Alchemist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Like this.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

We knew this was true. What's funny is Dellavedova obeyed LeBron instead of his head coach.
    The Cavs should just make LeBron the official player/coach of the team
    like in the old days when it was common.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    We knew this was true. What's funny is Dellavedova obeyed LeBron instead of his head coach.
    The Cavs should just make LeBron the official player/coach of the team
    like in the old days when it was common.
    He already is, just that nobody told Blatt.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

LeBron= whiny baby of the NBA.
    6 foot 8, 260 pounds with the athletic ability of a damn freak.... but yet cries every play of the game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Why did refs changed time to 1 "something" ?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    LeBron= whiny baby of the NBA.
    6 foot 8, 260 pounds with the athletic ability of a damn freak.... but yet cries every play of the game.
    I agree, but the more I think about it.....it works. It works for him so why would he stop. He's probably always gotten everything he wanted by crying.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    Why did refs changed time to 1 "something" ?
    So that Lebron would have enough time to do that. Personally I thought it was 0.0. Question was whether that first bounce was inside or outside the line. I haven't seen a clear shot and no one has really talked about it. Anyone have a clear photo on that?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I agree, but the more I think about it.....it works. It works for him so why would he stop. He's probably always gotten everything he wanted by crying.
    Its crazy.... someone THAT good should not act like he needs any more of an advantage. its disgusting to watch him looking like this constantly. ....

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Its crazy.... someone THAT good should not act like he needs any more of an advantage. its disgusting to watch him looking like this constantly. ....
    Amen....can't stand watching the guy play.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I hate his attitude, such a whiner.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Blatt draws up the last play with lebron inbounding the ball and the players scratched it .

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Kobe runs the Lakers to when he is playing

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So that Lebron would have enough time to do that. Personally I thought it was 0.0. Question was whether that first bounce was inside or outside the line. I haven't seen a clear shot and no one has really talked about it. Anyone have a clear photo on that?
    I watched the replay looking for that and the first bounce was out of bounds. I thought it was at 1.3 seconds but they gave lebron 1.5 seconds I think.

You don't have to like the guy, but James was NOT getting any favors at the end of that game. Both offensive fouls were questionable and he DEFINITELY got fouled by Noah with 1 or 2 seconds left and shouldve been shooting two free throws.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    You ever watch Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol play?? They all whine worse than Lebron dude. Lebron is the best player on the planet

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    A Bulls fan not liking Lebron...?? You don't sayyyyy

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11734

Who the hell draws up a play with your best shooter inbounding the ball with 1.3 seconds. Send this coach back out of the country
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    You ever watch Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol play?? They all whine worse than Lebron dude. Lebron is the best player on the planet
    Did anyone argue that he was the best player?
    But that attitude makes him unlikable. Whiny ass boy.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I watched the replay looking for that and the first bounce was out of bounds. I thought it was at 1.3 seconds but they gave lebron 1.5 seconds I think.

You don't have to like the guy, but James was NOT getting any favors at the end of that game. Both offensive fouls were questionable and he DEFINITELY got fouled by Noah with 1 or 2 seconds left and shouldve been shooting two free throws.
    Those offensive fouls werent questionable in the least bit. He was fouled by Noah i think but nothing you call with 1 sec left.

The offensive fouls.... first one he extended his arm. Easy call. Second one he was trapped and tried clearing space with a high elbow. Another easy one.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

he is begging all the time

at the end of the season the cavs should fire lebron and hire a new coach

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

This is nothing new; I remember reading an article back in the 80's about Larry Bird waving back to the bench a sub who was about to enter the game and the guy didn't hesitate to return to the bench and everyone knows that when Magic clashed with Westhead, the coach was gone in a minute.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=DOM_Toretto;23991657]I watched the replay looking for that and the first bounce was out of bounds. I thought it was at 1.3 seconds but they gave lebron 1.5 seconds I think.

You don't have to like the guy, but James was NOT getting any favors at the end of that game. Both offensive fouls were questionable and he DEFINITELY got fouled by Noah with 1 or 2 seconds left and shouldve been shooting two free throws.[/QUOTE]
    This was so true. Can't fault him for complaining about those. It looked to me like the refs were trying very hard to give this game to Chicago. Also, the charge on LBJ, Rose was not set, he was moving.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Yup absolutely

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Those offensive fouls werent questionable in the least bit. He was fouled by Noah i think but nothing you call with 1 sec left.

The offensive fouls.... first one he extended his arm. Easy call. Second one he was trapped and tried clearing space with a high elbow. Another easy one.
    Theres a major problem with your thinking, "nothing you call with 1 sec left."

A foul in the first quarter is a foul with 1 sec left. A foul is a foul, and the refs are supposed to officiate that way.

The offensive foul trying to get out of the trap I kind of understand, but the charge was an attrocious call.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

[QUOTE=44 Mag;23991725]

You don't have to like the guy, but James was NOT getting any favors at the end of that game. Both offensive fouls were questionable and he DEFINITELY got fouled by Noah with 1 or 2 seconds left and shouldve been shooting two free throws.[/QUOTE]
    This was so true. Can't fault him for complaining about those. It looked to me like the refs were trying very hard to give this game to Chicago. Also, the charge on LBJ, Rose was not set, he was moving.
    Lmao. Ok.
    Rewatch the end of that game again.
    both charges in last couplw minutes were spot on calls.

The charge on LBJ against rose meant nothing, that was early. No mention of mozgov smacking the hell out of rose on that layup right by a ref? Thats a wash with rose drawing that bad call.

those calls in 4th quarter on LBJ were spot on. Blatant push off and illegal clearance of space.

Lebron hit a great shot, but my respect for him is minimal because he is a whiny girl.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Theres a major problem with your thinking, "nothing you call with 1 sec left."

A foul in the first quarter is a foul with 1 sec left. A foul is a foul, and the refs are supposed to officiate that way.

The offensive foul trying to get out of the trap I kind of understand, but the charge was an attrocious call.
    Noah was straight up and lebron was behind the hoop With no chance of a shot.... idk Dom, i dont think yiu can give a guy free throws on something that horseshit.

The charge that rose drew was a bad call.
    the push off by LBJ against jimmy was an easy call.

123 Last