Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Toniest we need to report this to goodell
    Sneakness rules are not made to be broken

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Lmao.

I was 100% sure we would get some sort of "Peyton was playing the whole last month(s) with fukked up XYZ" narrative emerging this week. I think I even posted somewhere saying that last night. I did not think it would be so soon. It seems like some desperate attempt to save face following a very poor showing.

I am not by any means suggesting this is untrue. The timing is just interesting. I seems that every time a superstar plays poorly in a big game, the next week this whole "AGH BUT HE WAS HURT!" story comes out.
    Your right on the money.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Yeah and Rodgers was healthy yesterday

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by YellowCurious View Post
    If he had a torn quad for the last 2 months, he should have been listed on the injury report. I don't think he was.
    I'm sure he was. It just probably wasn't specific, just a leg injury. The pats used to list their whole team on the injury report, although i think the NFL clamped down on that.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Lmao.

I was 100% sure we would get some sort of "Peyton was playing the whole last month(s) with fukked up XYZ" narrative emerging this week. I think I even posted somewhere saying that last night. I did not think it would be so soon. It seems like some desperate attempt to save face following a very poor showing.

I am not by any means suggesting this is untrue. The timing is just interesting. I seems that every time a superstar plays poorly in a big game, the next week this whole "AGH BUT HE WAS HURT!" story comes out.
    Because it was not just this game, it was the past month and the reported timing of the injury makes perfect sense when looking at his stats before and after (+ the mysterious trip to the locker room that at the time was dismisses as "dehydration").

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yeah and Rodgers was healthy yesterday
    As a matter of fact didn't they say Rodgers had a torn calf

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Your right on the money.
    He is not on the money if he is implying the injury was made up. It seems obvious just by looking at Manning's throws before and after halftime of the San Diego game that something was clearly wrong with him.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by YellowCurious View Post
    If he had a torn quad for the last 2 months, he should have been listed on the injury report. I don't think he was.
    Right, don't know if he kept it to himself until now or if the Broncos knew and never revealed it. If it was the latter, expect hefty fines.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Teams always hiding injuries, especially to star players and QB's. They don't want to get player targeted and you can also game plan against them, like a chess match up.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Teams always hiding injuries, especially to star players and QB's. They don't want to get player targeted and you can also game plan against them, like a chess match up.
    NFL is the only league that has specific rules against hiding injuries though so Denver should get fined if they knew about it all along.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Last time he looked right was in November against Miami

What injuries did ware knighton and miller have? They were mia

LT Profits

I have not really found anything addressing who knew what and when.

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that Peyton Manning has been playing through a torn right quad -- specifically the rectus femoris -- for the last month.

Manning sustained the injury in Week 15 and the bruising reportedly spread to the back of his leg. In the four games since, Peyton threw a paltry four touchdowns and was intercepted four times. In 13 previous games, he threw 36 touchdowns against 11 interceptions. An inability to drive off his plant leg may have contributed to the drastic downturn in effectiveness and arm strength. However, Manning was practicing in full and it's worth noting that a "strain" is by definition a tear. Manning could not have played through a complete tear. The future Hall of Famer still heads into the offseason with plenty of question marks.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

He doesn't do all that he can to keep his body right..it's unfortunate he didn't do everything in his power to play as long as he could..he's not leaving it all on the field, still a legend..but a glorified Favre in the end

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess harbaugh isn't such a dick for laughing at peytons arm strength after all...

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I have not really found anything addressing who knew what and when.

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that Peyton Manning has been playing through a torn right quad -- specifically the rectus femoris -- for the last month.

Manning sustained the injury in Week 15 and the bruising reportedly spread to the back of his leg. In the four games since, Peyton threw a paltry four touchdowns and was intercepted four times. In 13 previous games, he threw 36 touchdowns against 11 interceptions. An inability to drive off his plant leg may have contributed to the drastic downturn in effectiveness and arm strength. However, Manning was practicing in full and it's worth noting that a "strain" is by definition a tear. Manning could not have played through a complete tear. The future Hall of Famer still heads into the offseason with plenty of question marks.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    He also got beat up in St.Louis game and had a very severe thigh contusion, which started all this. He looked horrible in that game and apparently has been bothering him and then got hurt on other thigh a few games later. That's why they were running the ball the last few games. They apparently were not disclosing any of this and rumors were coming out after people started realizing that something was wrong with him. It definitely explains his decline in performance.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Looked like a typical Manning playoff performance to me.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

It probably a good thing he lost then, so Brady doesn't humiliate him again when he's not at 100%.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

"Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that Peyton Manning has been playing through a torn right quad -- specifically the rectus femoris -- for the last month."

My extensive medical background tells me Peyton tore himself up from his rectum to his thigh. That must've felt great during his throwing motion and drop backs. He found out you don't heal up in 2 weeks anymore when you're 38.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Don't be surprised if Peyton goes to Europe, gets some kind of crazy surgery ala Kobe Bryant, and comes back throwing lasers next season.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    He doesn't do all that he can to keep his body right..it's unfortunate he didn't do everything in his power to play as long as he could..he's not leaving it all on the field, still a legend..but a glorified Favre in the end
    Yeah he only had 3 neck surgeries....including one in Europe with stem cells reportedly? He got his jaw broke in Indy one year and played thru it. You got the clown part right

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    NFL is the only league that has specific rules against hiding injuries though so Denver should get fined if they knew about it all along.
    They won't be fine because the thigh is the quad. The NFL does require them to reveal how strain it is.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

FOX Sports NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 2m2 minutes ago —> RT @JayGlazer: Broncos coach John fox just told me he and broncos have decided to part ways

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yeah, why would you blame the coach. Good point.

John Fox has, after all, been a very successful NFL leader throughout his career. 81-79 record overall and a grand total of one Super Bowl trip -- including six seasons of no playoffs in nine years -- without Peyton Manning as his QB.

When in doubt, blame the coach. Never look a little deeper into the real issues. That's the no coin logic.

Denver tried to buy themselves a championship in Manning's window and it backfired miserably.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    When in doubt, blame the coach. Never look a little deeper into the real issues. That's the no coin logic.

Denver tried to buy themselves a championship in Manning's window and it backfired miserably.
    Does John Fox still have a job today? Check for me, will you?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Does John Fox still have a job today? Check for me, will you?

What's your point?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

Fox is out I heard. Manning may go one more year.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11099

The entire coaching staff was axed.

Manning looked awful down the stretch. It seems as if he one more season in him. I'm waiting it out. He's my keeper QB.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    Fox is out I heard. Manning may go one more year.

Anyone think him getting fired was for not reporting to anyone about Mannings injury?

Kind of like when a politician outs himself before shit hits the fan....

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I call bullshit. Peyton was not hurt. It's always an excuse when he plays like a pussy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

If they didn't fire the coach they can't justify signing Manning next year after he shit the bed again. That's 3 years in a row Manning shit the bed in playoffs.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Looked like a typical Manning playoff performance to me.
    Is Denver going to pay him all that money again when it can be better spent in other areas?

boomer62

Manning haters, you are all a bunch of CLOWNS! I'll take an old Manning on my team anytime. He's still a top 5 QB and most teams can't even find a QB. Probably 2/3 of the league have no QB. And he has been hurt, just doesn't use that as an excuse.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Guess it makes sense. He didn't look the same after the KC game

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

peyton terrible last month .

First 123 Last