xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is the FanDuel Strategy to win?

I have been seeing increased ADS for fanduel on ESPN and was thinking of giving it a shot. I only have experience in betting in football and playing the traditional season long fantasy league. Never a salary cap league like Fanduel.

What is the basic strategy for fanduel? Find Valued players?

Is it just me or is a lot of this luck? But then again you see guys on there that seem to know what they are doing.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Pick players who get a lot of fantasy points.
    The end.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Value value value. And get lucky

The end.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You need to have 2 or 3 minimum salary guys that perform like a player 2.5k-3k higher than them.It's the same for all sports and sites MLB,NFL,NBA,NHL.

Most times it's because of injury.They will have a guy who doesn't play listed at minimum but the starter is out and now he is in line for much more work .You need to scour the injury report to find opportunities.It's not that hard as people get hurt a lot and there are 30 some teams or 100 some if college.College is easiest to find the sleepers because not many people are willing to put in the work to find out who is due for an uptick in production.

Then when you get those 2-3 guys you have plenty of salary to go after the best guys with the best match ups.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Good mix of value.

Have had good luck in 100 man and 250 man tourneys.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Didin't even realize they advertised on TV.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

stay out of 10000 entry GPP's might as well play the lottery i like 50-50's i.e. double ups 40 man field now if you have the bankroll play multiple entries finally stay clear of h-h matches they are loaded with sharks i.e./ top cappers and of course money mgmnt. gl. now
    '

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Honestly.... I didn't look at the rake too well, but I think it's like 15-20%. Kind of hard to beat that long term.

I don't know a lot about football, so I just take shots. I'm not a professional in Fan Duel... I just like to grab a couple teams sometimes and pull for the 100k on some of them.... But thinking into it... There's a big rake and then anything you win over $600 is taxed.

Lol after all that talk I still play lol. Kind of dumb, but I kind of like it. Seeing every week how I placed and stuff.

From what I remember it's 0.5 ppr....

Like Mikemca said. There'll be injuries and the players don't change in price, so there'll be players that are out that are expensive and their replacements super cheap. So grabbing those players and some other cheap players can really improve your team.

I'm not really a fan of a team that has too many attacks, but some destroy. Julious Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Maclin which was really cheap did really good last week.

I guess some people cuff a qb with a receiver.

I'm doing Dalton and A.J. Green in week 2 in one of them. Good luck brah

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    You need to have 2 or 3 minimum salary guys that perform like a player 2.5k-3k higher than them.It's the same for all sports and sites MLB,NFL,NBA,NHL.

Most times it's because of injury.They will have a guy who doesn't play listed at minimum but the starter is out and now he is in line for much more work .You need to scour the injury report to find opportunities.It's not that hard as people get hurt a lot and there are 30 some teams or 100 some if college.College is easiest to find the sleepers because not many people are willing to put in the work to find out who is due for an uptick in production.

Then when you get those 2-3 guys you have plenty of salary to go after the best guys with the best match ups.
    Wow. Did not know they have college fantasy. Might give that a try. Imagine lots of a squares trying this as fantasy football is like the new online poker

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

So basically value and luck?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

If you wanna win those huge gpp you have to be contrarian. You can't take aj and dalton cause every fukk out there will be using them, you can't fade whoever plays Dallas and Oakland cause everyone else will. How do you expect to pass people and move up if everyone has the same lineups? It's all about that hidden gem that most will ignore. Example....if you're gonna fade Dallas this week, give Nate Washington a shot instead of hunter/wright. Use mccluster instead of shonn green. Everyone wants to fade atlantas shitty pass d on the road, give fukkin Mohammed sanu a shot and hope he gets you a TD or just goes off. Against a shit D, everyone's in play.

You have to think outside the box and hope for luck or else you're destined for 83736th place. Personally I think you're better off sticking to the 50/50s

Timmay

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Wow. Did not know they have college fantasy. Might give that a try. Imagine lots of a squares trying this as fantasy football is like the new online poker

True. I'm a fish in fantasy football, so I totally concur

Timmay

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    If you wanna win those huge gpp you have to be contrarian. You can't take aj and dalton cause every fukk out there will be using them, you can't fade whoever plays Dallas and Oakland cause everyone else will. How do you expect to pass people and move up if everyone has the same lineups? It's all about that hidden gem that most will ignore. Example....if you're gonna fade Dallas this week, give Nate Washington a shot instead of hunter/wright. Use mccluster instead of shonn green. Everyone wants to fade atlantas shitty pass d on the road, give fukkin Mohammed sanu a shot and hope he gets you a TD or just goes off. Against a shit D, everyone's in play.

You have to think outside the box and hope for luck or else you're destined for 83736th place. Personally I think you're better off sticking to the 50/50s
    Dude, you need strength in your team too. There's lots of value that people might not grab. Just hooking Dalton and A.J. is not your whole team. Also.... Finding players that are gambles that have huge amounts of upside. To grab a worse team and hope to beat someone is negative e.v. bro. You might split with people, but the people that don't do research lose and that's where you make the profit.

Dude... I don't see huge upside in Nate. I love your outside of the box outlook though... That's what definitely will win games.

Oh crazy.... I just typed that and then read you wrote the same lol *Outside the box.

Timmay

I haven't done a lot of research yet, but on Fan Duel... I kind of like Andrew Hawkins. Maybe Toby Gerheart and maybe Rainey if he starts.

I think instead of grabbing Nate Washington and hoping that one of these receivers have a big game... I'd prefer just grabbing the qb for cheap and focusing on a player that might have some good PPR.... I would think more like Hawkins and also some PPR Rb's like Vereen.

Good luck bro.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

That's kinda what I meant in regards to the upside thing.

And I know dalton and aj isn't your whole team, the thing is everyone will e doing that or something similar that's popular and everyone knows about. Trust me tons of guys will use locker this week. It's no secret Dallas' d is terrible. But that's the problem....everyone's already hip to that. I didn't mean take shitty players just for the hell of it, I just used Nate as a random example but you missed it or I wasn't clear enough.

Trust me, once you start playing regularly, and you're in tournaments and 50/50s and you see everyone's lineups and many many people use the same players. It gets really tough to move up when you're behind. Especially for baseball, maybe nfl won't be as bad, but I still wouldn't bank on it.

Timmay

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    That's kinda what I meant in regards to the upside thing.

And I know dalton and aj isn't your whole team, the thing is everyone will e doing that or something similar that's popular and everyone knows about. Trust me tons of guys will use locker this week. It's no secret Dallas' d is terrible. But that's the problem....everyone's already hip to that. I didn't mean take shitty players just for the hell of it, I just used Nate as a random example but you missed it or I wasn't clear enough.

Trust me, once you start playing regularly, and you're in tournaments and 50/50s and you see everyone's lineups and many many people use the same players. It gets really tough to move up when you're behind. Especially for baseball, maybe nfl won't be as bad, but I still wouldn't bank on it.

I understand the Locker Add 'cuz he's cheap and can put up points. I would link him to Kendall Wright, but I don't see any of the receivers like a megatron or anything or a Dez/AJ Green.

All I'm saying is that I'm not against following everyone else that have really good teams. I'm not going to give myself a worst edge just so maybe a random can break out. I feel that you gotta grab max value and that's it and there are cheap ones out there that can make your team explode 'cuz you can use the rest of the salary on elites.