Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Just drafted my team... What do you think?

1.A. Green
    2.A. Brown
    3.V. Jackson
    4.R. Mathews
    5.B. Sankey
    6.RG3
    7.S.Ridley
    8.T. West
    9.H. Miller
    10.J. Matthews
    11.Green Bay
    12.N. Novak

Did I get RG3 too early?

I was 11th in draft.

How do you guys think I did? 0.5 PPR

Timmay

I also recognize that my R.B. situation is a little shallow. I tried getting Rice earlier, but missed and then D. Freeman and Mcfadden missed.

Timmay

Woops!!!! I got G. Tate before RG3....

It seems like 4 on your bench is not that deep. WTF??? What about changing out players on byes?

Seems way too shallow.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Only. A 12 rd draft ? So 4 bench spots then, yes that's shallow. How many teams? And what is the starting lineup for this league? I'm gonna guess 2 wr 2 rb no flex and 1 of everything else ....?

It looks pretty good. With such shallow rosters should be plenty of options in free agents/waivers

Timmay

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Only. A 12 rd draft ? So 4 bench spots then, yes that's shallow. How many teams? And what is the starting lineup for this league? I'm gonna guess 2 wr 2 rb no flex and 1 of everything else ....?

It looks pretty good. With such shallow rosters should be plenty of options in free agents/waivers

It's a 14 team leage 2 WR 2 RB and a flex included w/T.E. if you want.
    I forgot to put G.Tate as my #6, so it's 13 rounds.

Yea, I could totally see if it didn't have the flex, but it does. It just seems way to shallow, but I don't know what's standard.

I've only got one Q.B. and T.E..... If J. Mathews gets good... I'll still have to drop him so I can keep RG3, but I guess I can drop Miller if I wanted to.

Vinnie Paz

Think you did pretty good for 14 teams. Ridley doesn't offer much in ppr but he'll get goal line work, so you'll have to take the good with the bad there. Not sure what to make of Sankey right now, a guy id be careful with early on. You don't really have another rb2 option that's viable , it's either him or Ridley.

And Don't drop miller. I'd probably drop Matthews and look for another pass catching back, which there are probably none of available at the moment. Tate and v jax will man your flex and you'll never bench those 2 WRs . It'll take a maclin injury for Matthews to be fantasy relevant each week....however if you keep him and maclin goes down you've got yourself a #2 option on a big time offence that you found in the bottom of the draft.

What id look to do is move v jax for a solid rb2. You already have 2 monster WRs there, plus Tate whom I love this year. V jax is inconsistent on a weekly basis. He'll have that huge game then do nothing The following week. I'd sit on him, wait on one of those weeks, and then sell high

Timmay

Yea, I feel the same. Jared Cook or Delanie Walker might not be close to Miller. I meant if Matthews becomes the #2, then I might have to drop Miller for a week.

You're totally right.... I should totally trade V. Jax on a big week.
    For some reason I thought Sankey was good. I really needed an RB and thought he was going to do a lot of running work. I don't know anything about him, but it sucks 'cuz I feel like I just wasted an early pick. He's projected at like 3 points this week.

So Vincent Jax was around the time Vereen got picked up, so maybe I can trade for him.

Timmay

Also I thought that T. West was playing more of role than being just a handcuff.
    Doh!!! I guess I gotta look at those notes a little better.

Vinnie Paz

Sankey a projection is low because he's the #2 back behind shonn green. No2 backs get like 8-12 carries a game, max. I'd still hold onto him though, he'll take over eventually. Green sucks and he has injury problems.

I do think your team is good, even with Jackson. I'd roll with Ridley for a bit until Sankeys workload picks up. But you're fine, don't go all panic crazy and trying to sell off half your roster or anything. You're solid as is right now.

frenchfry669
    frenchfry669's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I watch RG3 in preseason and he looked baaad. Cousins looks better.

frenchfry669
    frenchfry669's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I still liker your teams