LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

It Won't Help Red Sox This Year But...

WEEI.com's Alex Speier has been told by "multiple major league teams that have been involved in the sweepstakes" that the Red Sox are the favorite to sign Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo.

Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com is hearing the same thing, saying the Red Sox are "optimistic" about landing Castillo. Speier notes that terms have not been agreed to yet and at last check Castillo was still in "active" talks with multiple clubs. However, it's sounding like it's only a matter of time before he signs with Boston. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman has reported previously that Castillo wants to play in the majors this season, but the out-of-contention Red Sox would seem less likely to push him to make his debut this year.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    WEEI.com's Alex Speier has been told by "multiple major league teams that have been involved in the sweepstakes" that the Red Sox are the favorite to sign Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo.

Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com is hearing the same thing, saying the Red Sox are "optimistic" about landing Castillo. Speier notes that terms have not been agreed to yet and at last check Castillo was still in "active" talks with multiple clubs. However, it's sounding like it's only a matter of time before he signs with Boston. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman has reported previously that Castillo wants to play in the majors this season, but the out-of-contention Red Sox would seem less likely to push him to make his debut this year.
    That was also in today's Boston Herald, local newspaper.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

Yanks pushing for him to. As I'm sure other teams. They said Cepedes is trying to convince him to come here.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Yanks pushing for him to. As I'm sure other teams. They said Cepedes is trying to convince him to come here.
    That would be good, then the Sox only have to pay for one interpreter. LOL.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Right other teams are in the mix, report just said Red Sox are the favorites. Of Course, that still doesn't mean they'll get him. And yes, he was a teammate of Cespedes in Cuba, which may help.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Would be great from them if it happens

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Would be great from them if it happens
    Yes, then all they need is an entire pitching staff and they will be all set. LOL

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

These guys have been good

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Yasiel Puig has also been trying to get him to sign with the Dodgers.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Haha Mag, I hope we get this guy, sounds like one of those Cuban beasts.

Rotation for next year ?, Joe Kelly, Buchholz, Ruby DLR, ? Probably won't see owens and I dont think Webster is ready..If we can get lester or another #1 and find a servicable #5, I think we can get back to being a playoff team, provided we get some more bats in the lineup. We've got so many outfielders to trade, I'd like to keep Nava personally but I know he would be used in a Stanton trade if there ever was one.

We have a lot of needs to address but at least we know what they are now..As always, I have faith! While we all want this shit show to end...we all know there is some scratch to be won by fading the Sox in the meantime

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Wouldnt be shocked if Bucholz retires. Guy is washed up and getting old.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Haha Mag, I hope we get this guy, sounds like one of those Cuban beasts.

Rotation for next year ?, Joe Kelly, Buchholz, Ruby DLR, ? Probably won't see owens and I dont think Webster is ready..If we can get lester or another #1 and find a servicable #5, I think we can get back to being a playoff team, provided we get some more bats in the lineup. We've got so many outfielders to trade, I'd like to keep Nava personally but I know he would be used in a Stanton trade if there ever was one.

We have a lot of needs to address but at least we know what they are now..As always, I have faith! While we all want this shit show to end...we all know there is some scratch to be won by fading the Sox in the meantime
    Agreed. I don't know what they see in this kid Middlebrooks??? What is this now three years??? He can't hit for shit, and his fielding is suspect. JB Jr. WTF. He can't hit a beachball with a tennis racket. Buchholtz??? Man I don't know about him man. When he isn't hurt he gets bombed or throws a shut out. LOL. were are the young kids pitching wise, nothing to lose now, bring them up, get their feet wet, if we have any?

BeanTownClown88

I'm sick of Brooks, Had 30 or close to 30 bombs a few years ago then hasn't played more than 25 games since..Pretty useless 3rd basemen if you ask me. I agree with buchholz, either 8 innings of no run ball or he gets shelled for 7 runs in 5 innings..I'd trade him while some teams still see value.

We know Jackie isn't the answer, send him down or trade him. I think Boegartz should be left alone and moved to short..he's the one project I'm fine with taking on as he was a top 3 prospect in all of baseball. Oh and give Brock Holt a position already, jesus! The guy will be a superstar, hopefully he can learn to steal bags. Also indifferent on Victorino, he's pretty much sidelined until we get to playoffs but we're going to need all hands on deck if we want to make it next year. Cherrington has a hell of a off season ahead of him

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hitters do not make teams win

Pitching does

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I'm sick of Brooks, Had 30 or close to 30 bombs a few years ago then hasn't played more than 25 games since..Pretty useless 3rd basemen if you ask me. I agree with buchholz, either 8 innings of no run ball or he gets shelled for 7 runs in 5 innings..I'd trade him while some teams still see value.

We know Jackie isn't the answer, send him down or trade him. I think Boegartz should be left alone and moved to short..he's the one project I'm fine with taking on as he was a top 3 prospect in all of baseball. Oh and give Brock Holt a position already, jesus! The guy will be a superstar, hopefully he can learn to steal bags. Also indifferent on Victorino, he's pretty much sidelined until we get to playoffs but we're going to need all hands on deck if we want to make it next year. Cherrington has a hell of a off season ahead of him
    I agree Brock Holt is the best player on the Red Sox

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Sometimes I think these GM's are hamstrung by the , shall we say " not overspending" owner.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hitters do not make teams win

Pitching does
    Yes, then all they need is an entire pitching staff and they will be all set. LOL I said this at the top of the column, genius.

Bostongambler

WEEI FLASH: Red Sox reach agreement with Cuban OF Rusney Castillo on 7-year, $72.5 million deal - WEEI.com.Text STOP 2 CXL anytime. MSG & DATA rates may apply.

Bostongambler

Now get Lester back!!!

BeanTownClown88

Hell yea!! I hope Ortiz can still play like he is now..almost worth shutting him down for the year for preservation purposes..THat line up will be SICK next year!

Bostongambler

Need Pedroia to play better to.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Need Pedroia to play better to.
    He's frustrated, like the rest of us. He will be OK.

Snake24
    Snake24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7076

They just signed him to a 7 year deal.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snake24 View Post
    They just signed him to a 7 year deal.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

This has the potential to be like the Dice K deal.