stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Kendrick is going to be the Ace of the Cubs staff for years to come.

Already being compared to Greg Maddox.
    1) You mean Maddux, Garry Maddox played center field for Philly, he was known as the secretary of defense.

2) Who is comaparing Hendrick (not Kendrick-he plays infield for the Angels) to Maddux?
    After 6 MLB starts and he's being compared to an elite Hall of Famer? I remember when they compared Steve Balboni to Mickey Mantle.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1) You mean Maddux, Garry Maddox played center field for Philly, he was known as the secretary of defense.

2) Who is comaparing Hendrick (not Kendrick-he plays infield for the Angels) to Maddux?
    After 6 MLB starts and he's being compared to an elite Hall of Famer? I remember when they compared Steve Balboni to Mickey Mantle.
    Yeah, it's been thrown around but obviously nobody really thinks he is going to win 350 games. I think the comparison is more to the fact that he is not a hard thrower but has excellent control and command and movement and is very cerebral and methodical in approach. He's had great success at every level (2013 Cubs minor pitcher of the year ~ 2 ERA) but has never been ranked extremely high as a prospect because when you grade out individual pitches nothing stands out. The sum is greater than the parts.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bosio is top-notch. Pitchers current and past have sun his praises and did wonders with guys like Maholm, Feldman, Hammel, now Arietta. Seems to have a knack for helping guys resurrect. His next projects are Jacob Turner, Felix Doubront and Dan Straily. If he can help any of them have real success it'll be a baseball miracle.
    He's got a real good sense of humor too, I used to love the guy, still do.
    Wow though, should have known he was their pitching coach, surprised I did not, good for him.

stevenash

Yeah, it's been thrown around but obviously nobody really thinks he is going to win 350 games. I think the comparison is more to the fact that he is not a hard thrower but has excellent control and command and movement and is very cerebral and methodical in approach. He's had great success at every level (2013 Cubs minor pitcher of the year ~ 2 ERA) but has never been ranked extremely high as a prospect because when you grade out individual pitches nothing stands out. The sum is greater than the parts.
    Ya, you know me, number geek, the numbers across those six starts are attention getters.
    0.9 WH/IP ERA in the 1's. So far, so good.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bosio is top-notch. Pitchers current and past have sun his praises and did wonders with guys like Maholm, Feldman, Hammel, now Arietta. Seems to have a knack for helping guys resurrect. His next projects are Jacob Turner, Felix Doubront and Dan Straily. If he can help any of them have real success it'll be a baseball miracle.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Under seven for me please.
    Just saying.

Knew this would be a 2 hour, let's get the hell out of here get away game.
    Most of these Monday games are, I really need to look up that stat, Monday noon get away games are almost always unders

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

The Cubs were the get away team so in this instance they defied the Get Away Day theory.
    The Mets just can't score or hit..Its a Met thing

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    The Cubs were the get away team so in this instance they defied the Get Away Day theory.
    The Mets just can't score or hit..Its a Met thing
    Well yeah, the Mets can't hit factored into the under wager.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Didn't want a Bartolo thread to go by without a high quality picture of him
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-24-15 at 01:34 PM. Reason: image does not exist

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

another top quality start for Hendricks .

First 12