daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Big 12 has worst signing day in conference history

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/01/big-12-records-worst-signing-day-in-conference-history/

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...rence-history/

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Coaching very average and stale in that conference. Pac 12 coaching not much better, but logistics are.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Texas is a "has been" team. Oklahoma still has star power, but with the demise of Baylor, the rest of the conference is below average overall. They are the worst "Power 5" Conference by far. Their "Conference Championship" game will be a joke. Unless the Big 12 actually becomes a 12 team conference, they will see very few playoffs.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think they need to spice up that conference geographically somehow........ maybe make some big offer to miami... or san diego state. but i doubt that would move the needle much.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Conference is a lame duck. Could have used BYU. Possibly Houston.

Can see Texas bolting for the big 10 at the end of the contract... then OU and Kansas going to the SEC. Everyone else scrambling to find s home

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 564

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i think they need to spice up that conference geographically somehow........ maybe make some big offer to miami... or san diego state. but i doubt that would move the needle much.
    No power 5 school from Florida would move to Big 12. They would laugh them off campus

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Oklahoma gets a top 10 class every year. Texas is a mess. Nebraska and A&M bolted. Those were the 4 best programs.

gojetsgomoxies

big teams join pac12?? .......... lesser teams mwc or perhaps big 12??

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    No power 5 school from Florida would move to Big 12. They would laugh them off campus
    i agree on fsu and florida......... but miami is smallish private school. glory days are behind them and i assume they could use the cash.. not sure how much it would help the big 12 though

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

If the Big 12 continues to fail as a football conference, you will see a 4 conference, 16 team per conference set up. The Pac 12 will add 4 teams, and the other 3 (ACC, Big 10, and SEC) will add two teams each. Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas and another team from Texas will go to the Pac 12. The Big 10 takes two Big 12 survivors. The ACC and SEC get their pick of the litter in the East and the South.

Another scenario sees Texas go to the Big 10, the two Oklahoma Schools go to the SEC. If that is the case, the Pac 12 may take Houston and another team from Texas to get a foothold in that state.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

OU is going to bolt the Big 12 when the grant of rights is up. The league isn't helping OU from a competition standpoint. OU almost left left for the PAC-12 a few years ago....I wish the would have. LA or Tempe are much more attractive than Ames, Iowa.

The Big 12 is a joke. OU and OSU will goto the SEC when the grant of rights is up. Kansas would fit in perfect in the Big 10. Texas will probably goto the Big 10 or go independent.

Everyone else will will be scrambling.

OU signed 18 four star players this year. The rest of the Big 12 signed 12 combined.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-04-17 at 12:22 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

I've been hearing about all the cover ups at Baylor and it is fukking sickening. I can't Art Briles tried to deliberately hide their shit. He is a scumbag. The stories are unreal. That fukker should never ever get another coaching gig.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I've been hearing about all the cover ups at Baylor and it is fukking sickening. I can't Art Briles tried to deliberately hide their shit. He is a scumbag. The stories are unreal. That fukker should never ever get another coaching gig.
    Much like Paterno, coaches have a sickness and addiction to winning at all costs. Anything negative effects their program and recruiting, and they have already built a solid one, there are no limits they won't go to protect it. The interesting part was him withdrawing his lawsuit against Baylor after the info was disclosed. Like, "Oh, so you found out about that? Nevermind about that multimillion dollar lawsuit then." Now he's giving his son a bad name as assumptions are other coaches were aware...

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    No one from the ACC would leave for the Big XII. WVU would be out the door if they received an invite from the ACC, they'd have the papers typed up and signed before the call was even over with.

Would love for the ACC to add those backwoods hillbillies. Either force Notre Dame to join for football or kick them out for everything else and get one more team (USF?). Then realign the divisions.

All of these talking heads always talk about how 16 is the perfect number, but I feel like 18 is better for football. You can have 9 per division and play each division foe once. You then get your normal 4 non-conference games. Winner of each division faces off. No cross-division play during the season.

Give me WVU, USF, UConn, and Cincinnati. You add some large markets there, you get some good football teams (except UConn). You can split up the divisions into North/South, and you can bring in real rivals for teams like Louisville instead of forced ones.
    Last edited by astro61200; 02-04-17 at 03:52 AM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

interesting read guys, some of you know your crap. I don't pay a ton of attention to signing, I should. But, you know what I think is interesting. First of all, I am a Penn State guy and we suffered for a long time. This year a decent team but nowhere near the top teams in the country. Had a discussion with my brother the other day that because they had some success this year but even more importantly the fact that the head coach is black and pretty intelligent they will have much better recruiting. He is also very easy to communicate with, just a nice guy.

just yesterday local paper claimed that PS had a decent year. Did they? Any comments from you guys that follow this. I know it is difficult to compare to Alb, I imagine they will get the best for the next decade or so. Or am I wrong. Would love to hear your comments about this.

thanks

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

As much as I liked coach strong after watching him at u of l. They will be so much better this year than last. Let us not forget that texas had had good recruiting classes the last 2 years. They will be fine. I look to them to compete this year and dominate next year. Strong had pissed off the high school coaches in texas. The new coach has a great relation with them. Any moron that thinks that u.t. is going to leave the 12 is not very bright. They are the richest school in the nation. The big 10 tried to get them to come last time they expanded and they said NO. They love their network. It may be a shit network but it's theirs. Sort of like the guy who loves his homely wife. They lost 5 games by td or less and better play caller on both sides will help. As a ut fan I am glad that the conference was down because we won't have as far to make up. They lost nothing special except swoopes kid. They will win at least 8 this yr and after herman gets to recruit they will be back on top of conference and back to relevance on a national level.

BigDofBA

Texas is OU's bitch and OU owns the league. Sorry.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    As much as I liked coach strong after watching him at u of l. They will be so much better this year than last. Let us not forget that texas had had good recruiting classes the last 2 years. They will be fine. I look to them to compete this year and dominate next year. Strong had pissed off the high school coaches in texas. The new coach has a great relation with them. Any moron that thinks that u.t. is going to leave the 12 is not very bright. They are the richest school in the nation. The big 10 tried to get them to come last time they expanded and they said NO. They love their network. It may be a shit network but it's theirs. Sort of like the guy who loves his homely wife. They lost 5 games by td or less and better play caller on both sides will help. As a ut fan I am glad that the conference was down because we won't have as far to make up. They lost nothing special except swoopes kid. They will win at least 8 this yr and after herman gets to recruit they will be back on top of conference and back to relevance on a national level.
    Homer. UT had a very poor recruiting class this season. OU will continue to dominate them and the alleged conference. As far as winning at least 8 games this season, that is nothing but homer bull s**t. They lose to USC, both Oklahoma's, TCU and West Virginia. Texas is a "has been" Football Program. As far as Texas being the richest school in the nation, you are out of your f**king mind. Knock off the homer crap.

chico2663

[QUOTE=BigdaddyQH;26764512]Homer. UT had a very poor recruiting class this season. OU will continue to dominate them and the alleged conference. As far as winning at least 8 gamWanna bet 100 points on it. I respect your football knowledge . It maybe I am a homer but that is why we have dreams. Question seeing freshman rarely play at varsity level and texas returns just about everyone.They have been without a coach since akers has left. Houston beat them with less talent. The jr class beat them as freshmans and big underdogs. I like where texas stands. Texas spends the most on sports. My bad I misspoke.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Homer. UT had a very poor recruiting class this season. OU will continue to dominate them and the alleged conference. As far as winning at least 8 games this season, that is nothing but homer bull s**t. They lose to USC, both Oklahoma's, TCU and West Virginia. Texas is a "has been" Football Program. As far as Texas being the richest school in the nation, you are out of your f**king mind. Knock off the homer crap.
    Thanks for saving me time.

I've been hearing Texas is back for the past 6 years....

boomer11
    boomer11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

lol

chico2663

chico2663

my niece goes to oklahoma. Can't tell millennials shit.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    interesting read guys, some of you know your crap. I don't pay a ton of attention to signing, I should. But, you know what I think is interesting. First of all, I am a Penn State guy and we suffered for a long time. This year a decent team but nowhere near the top teams in the country. Had a discussion with my brother the other day that because they had some success this year but even more importantly the fact that the head coach is black and pretty intelligent they will have much better recruiting. He is also very easy to communicate with, just a nice guy.

just yesterday local paper claimed that PS had a decent year. Did they? Any comments from you guys that follow this. I know it is difficult to compare to Alb, I imagine they will get the best for the next decade or so. Or am I wrong. Would love to hear your comments about this.

thanks
    Top 15 class for 2017. I'd assume they woll start getting top 10 classes soon enough. They will continue to stay at the top of the Northeast, and dominate recruiting. Pittsburgh puts up a fight, but that's about it. Of course, a lot of 4-5 stars will head South. Possibly even to Michigan, or Ohio State. They're a legitimate top 10 for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, in my eyes as I hate them as a Cuse fan. We have to pick up the scraps in NJ, PA, and FL while hitting up the Midwest, and some random other areas like Georgia.

PSU will be fine, but unfortunately they probably got robbed of their shot this year. Franklin is building, so they're back. My buddy reigle9 could tell you more, if he checks in.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

[QUOTE=chico2663;26764826]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Homer. UT had a very poor recruiting class this season. OU will continue to dominate them and the alleged conference. As far as winning at least 8 gamWanna bet 100 points on it. I respect your football knowledge . It maybe I am a homer but that is why we have dreams. Question seeing freshman rarely play at varsity level and texas returns just about everyone.They have been without a coach since akers has left. Houston beat them with less talent. The jr class beat them as freshmans and big underdogs. I like where texas stands. Texas spends the most on sports. My bad I misspoke.
    That is really sad. Texas sends all of that money on their "athletics" and has absolutely NOTHING to show for it. The Football and Basketball programs are a total shambles. This just shows you how bad Texas really is.

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

The Big 12 was extremely powerful, the best conference by far, back in the heyday of Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas State, etc in the late 90s/early 2000s. They used to get the best players and send a ton of stars to the NFL. Now it's turned into a gimmicky, weak conference that behaves like the old WAC with its air raid offenses and skinny little 150lb linebackers.